Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2016/2017

Options
  • 21-10-2016 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone, it's around that time of year for the Big 4 to start interviews and I was just wondering if KPMG, PwC or Deloitte have contacted people yet? I've got an interview for EY but would also like to have the option of others, so any information would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sammie05

Hi I get an interview for Deloitte. Can I ask when you heard back from EY? I'm still waiting to hear from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ChrisRyan

Got called for an interview with EY.

Haven't heard back from anyone else yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Got called for interview with KPMG(Heard Thursday evening), Deloitte (Thursday evening) and GT (Heard Friday evening). Heard nothing from the others as of yet.

By the way, what are peoples thoughts on the Presentation that all of the firms seem to invite you to in advance of the interview. Is this highly recommended to attend? There's actually a clash in the timings of these in my own case thus far, as well as the fact that I'm currently already working full time complicating matters. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kerrie164

I got called for an interview with PwC and Grant Thornton. Do you think if you haven't heard from the others by now that you haven't been successful? Or do they do it in rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sampi25

EY rejected me. Had interview with Deloitte today and still waiting for others. Deloitte called me for interview before the company presentation tomorrow. Don't they usually do it later?

• Advertisement

Sampi25 wrote: »
    EY rejected me. Had interview with Deloitte today and still waiting for others. Deloitte called me for interview before the company presentation tomorrow. Don't they usually do it later?

Did you get an email with a rejection from EY? I have Deloitte presentation next Wednesday and interview on the 8th

Sammie05 wrote: »
    Did you get an email with a rejection from EY? I have Deloitte presentation next Wednesday and interview on the 8th

Yes EY sent me a rejection mail last Wednesday. Which role are you applying for in Deloitte?

Sampi25 wrote: »
    Yes EY sent me a rejection mail last Wednesday. Which role are you applying for in Deloitte?

I applied for tax

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nevcro

I heard from EY nearly a month ago at this stage. And I got a call from Deloitte yesterday to invite me for interview. I'm just waiting on my KPMG rejection email now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thooomarhsusi

Has anyone got rejection emails off KPMG deloitte or pwc for cork ? Not sure should I start applying for smaller practices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rsa26

Has anyone heard back from BDO yet?

Did anyone get to know about the outcome of their interviews this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

Hi everyone,

As a matter of curiosity, has anyone received a phone call from any of the companies on a private number?.
    Had a couple of missed calls on Thursday from a private number, and hoping it wasn't a missed call I have been waiting for.

Best of luck to you all with offers!

Any call I've received has been from a a displayed landline number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ChrisRyan

I had an interview with EY today. Happy enough with how it went.

Did anyone hear back from them yet?

Did anyone hear back from Deloitte yet? I had an interview last week but still waiting for the outcome.

ChrisRyan wrote: »

I had my interview with them yesterday too and they said they'd be making final decisions last night and today but I haven't heard a tap. I really don't think I got it but i'd still like them to ring with the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sohini

nevcro wrote: »
    I had my interview with them yesterday too and they said they'd be making final decisions last night and today but I haven't heard a tap. I really don't think I got it but i'd still like them to ring with the outcome.

How was the interview with EY? I have one on Friday for Assurance and so was wondering what basically are they looking for? Is it just competency based or you should have a thorough idea about your service line?

Anyone heard anything back from ey yet ?

ChrisRyan wrote: »

Heard nothing yet you ? Where did you have the interview for?

I gather that they aren't allowed make formal offers until tomorrow. Its the phone calls that they do before then I think

However, on that note, has anyone heard from GT or KPMG over the phone?

I had three interviews yesterday in Cork and found the whole thing exhausting. They were all really different I thought.

I had Deloitte first of all where it consisted of a short "chat" with a partner and then a more thorough interview with a director and an assistant manager. This went on for a good 40 minutes in my own case but in fairness to the interviewers, they made their best effort to keep it informal.

EY was next and was a whole lot less formal. An assistant manager just got me from the waiting room and brought me down to a partners office (In the middle of his work) for a interview lasting roughly half an hour. This interview was less formal than the Deloitte interview with much of it just descending into a bit of a chit chat about Brexit and all that went with it.

Lastly, had KPMG and this interview was on in a five star hotel and consisted of a half hour "Business Exercise" followed by two half hour interviews with a manager and a partner. The business exercise just consisted of being in a room with some other applicants and having to answer a couple of questions on a laptop they've set up for you. I think the idea of this was to just see that you could manage to time manage and answer two mainly opinion based questions in the time allocated. In my case, my answers didn't really come up in the interviews. The first interview wasn't overly formal or anything, just a general run through of your experience to date. The second interview with the partner felt a bit more of a chat to see what you're about personality'wise I think.

For anyone with interviews still to go, definitely have some bit prepared on why you're going for that particular company over the others, that came up for me in every single interview for me.

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I gather that they aren't allowed make formal offers until tomorrow. Its the phone calls that they do before then I think

However, on that note, has anyone heard from GT or KPMG over the phone?

I had three interviews yesterday in Cork and found the whole thing exhausting. They were all really different I thought.

I had Deloitte first of all where it consisted of a short "chat" with a partner and then a more thorough interview with a director and an assistant manager. This went on for a good 40 minutes in my own case but in fairness to the interviewers, they made their best effort to keep it informal.

EY was next and was a whole lot less formal. An assistant manager just got me from the waiting room and brought me down to a partners office (In the middle of his work) for a interview lasting roughly half an hour. This interview was less formal than the Deloitte interview with much of it just descending into a bit of a chit chat about Brexit and all that went with it.

Lastly, had KPMG and this interview was on in a five star hotel and consisted of a half hour "Business Exercise" followed by two half hour interviews with a manager and a partner. The business exercise just consisted of being in a room with some other applicants and having to answer a couple of questions on a laptop they've set up for you. I think the idea of this was to just see that you could manage to time manage and answer two mainly opinion based questions in the time allocated. In my case, my answers didn't really come up in the interviews. The first interview wasn't overly formal or anything, just a general run through of your experience to date. The second interview with the partner felt a bit more of a chat to see what you're about personality'wise I think.

For anyone with interviews still to go, definitely have some bit prepared on why you're going for that particular company over the others, that came up for me in every single interview for me.

Ya my interview for ey was fairly informal too any news back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 99PiesInTheSky

Has anyone heard anything back from the big 4? Interviewed for tax on Friday and they said would hear in a day or 2. I'm guessing today and tomorrow?

Has anyone heard anything back from the big 4? Interviewed for tax on Friday and they said would hear in a day or 2. I'm guessing today and tomorrow?
    I got my offer at the end of the interview and got a call to confirm late on Friday evening. But it will depend on the time and who you interviewed with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sohini

Did anyone hear back from EY after Friday's interview? They said they will contact on Monday with the outcome.

Also, did anybody got an offer from Deloitte? Did they give just a week to decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

nevcro wrote: »
    I got my offer at the end of the interview and got a call to confirm late on Friday evening. But it will depend on the time and who you interviewed with :)

What firm was this?

Waiting to hear from KPMG and PWC

Hey all
    I had interviews for pwc and KPMG and have heard nothing. Do they get back to you even if its a rejection?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

haro124 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether KPMG Dublin Central offices refer to the IFSC OR Harcourt offices?

Its the big building on Harcourt

Ya my interview for ey was fairly informal too any news back from them

Yeah heard back from them the day of the interview saying that they were going to offer.This was for the Cork office.

I also got a rejection letter from KPMG in the post today.

Rejection from PwC

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    What firm was this?

Waiting to hear from KPMG and PWC

This was for Deloitte

Advertisement