Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here play Pokemon? (Not Pokemon GO)

• 21-10-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I live in Co. Galway and never really seen anyone who like pokemon. Apart from Pokemon GO, but tbh, that game sucks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weakid13

I live in Kildare and feel the same way. I got over pokemon go in a month and got back into the games. Dont get me wrong I was really psyched that there was so much hype around pokemon go thinking this would translate into more people actually playing the pokemon games or even a major boost in pokemon sun and moon game sales. Meaning more people for me to gush about starters, types and well ya know just pokemon stuff in general but it appears pokemon go is as far as some people are willing to enter the realms of pokemon. Le sigh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's a group in Galway city that meets up every Monday to play the games (I used to be one of the group, but I'm rarely in Galway any more).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dehketchuplord

I don't want pokemon to get a huge fanbase or else it'll get toxic like minecraft. I like the pokemon fanbase how it is, I do NOT want it full of screaming 7 year olds. Anything the becomes popular, the fanbase goes to ****.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, I doubt a niche interest like Pokemon could ever become popular with 7 year olds..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I doubt a niche interest like Pokemon could ever become popular with 7 year olds..
    They'd just enjoy it wrong anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I play Pokémon off and on. My 7 year old is starting to play too - Heart Gold on a DS lite. And my 5 year old played her first game of TCG a couple of days ago. Lost interest after a few minutes but was chuffed to bits when she knocked out my Pidove and has been going around calling herself a Pokémon trainer ever since.

So I'm doing my bit. There will be a next generation of players.

Advertisement