Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower

Options
  • 21-10-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

anyone can recommend a lawnmower brand or site Ireland/uk where we can buy a self propolled lawn mower we have a big lawn less than half acre and we're only using Bosch electric mower was a pain to use it and broke yesterday and would love to upgrade our budget is only up to €350.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

angelmum wrote: »
    anyone can recommend a lawnmower brand or site Ireland/uk where we can buy a self propolled lawn mower we have a big lawn less than half acre and we're only using Bosch electric mower was a pain to use it and broke yesterday and would love to upgrade our budget is only up to €350.

€350 won't buy you much in terms of self propelled if you want a new mower.

Home values stores are doing this mower but reviews are mixed.

http://www.homevalue.ie/gardening-and-outdoor-Ireland/garden-power-tools/Lawnmowers-Ireland/petrol-lawn-mower-140cc

I'd wait a month, you won't be cutting lawns much from here on and you will get a better deal in the winter. You might pick up a decent mower second hand on donedeal at that price.

Personally, I bought a TORO mower last year and its excellent - but it was €700.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Maybe check out a local hire centre. They often sell off used stock at this time of year and while there is some junk you can get a bargain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I think Chadwicks have a self propelled mower on special today. Can't remember the price but it wasn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I bought a McCulloch mower for 400 and it is a workhorse. It has an in-built mulcher and reasonable speed; you won't have to run with it nor walk like being behind a hearse.

Many retailers will drop the price by a nice fraction from Nov. onwards before the new stock comes in next year.

Advertisement