Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law career opportunities

• 21-10-2016 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

What are the career prospects for law looking like? After getting a degree in say law and French are your only options to become a solicitor/barrister of what other law related careers are there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

I'm currently studying law and business. There are a huge range of opportunities out there, especially if you graduate with language. We had a link up recently with law school alumni and there were many routes these people had taken on graduation. For example, there were people working in business, finance, consultancy, self employment, civil service, law firms, academia, in house counsel and the Bar.

In relation to job prospects if you do decide to train as a solicitor, there seems to be a huge demand for trainees and people I spoke to expect this to increase, especially if firms, or some part of them, move here as a result of Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

That's really helpful thanks so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

No problem at all. Feel free to fire over any more questions you have or pm me. Best of luck!

Advertisement