Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying "sealed" phones online

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Areally these phones the real deal ?

Serious price difference's compared to the phone retailers.

https://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-sale/iphone-6s-16gb-brand-new-sealed-unlocked/13530810

You'd be well advised to exercise caution. Clones are incredibly good these days.

Check this out as a good example:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

You'd be well advised to exercise caution. Clones are incredibly good these days.

Check this out as a good example:

Thanks I hadon't been thinking that alright.
    Would adverts be any better to buy off? lots of reviews from sellers of 'sealed phones' but I've a feeling the reviews could be from the 'phone selling' community to try cod buyers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks I hadon't been thinking that alright.
    Would adverts be any better to buy off? lots of reviews from sellers of 'sealed phones' but I've a feeling the reviews could be from the 'phone selling' community to try cod buyers

Buy from a genuine seller on adverts with positive feedback and a track record of selling. Not someone that has registered today, and selling an iPhone tomorrow.

There are various degrees of security or peace of mind on Adverts with sellers like myself that are phone number and address verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I got stung on Adverts. Buying from a popular seller. I got a 5s new and sealed.
    My conclusion was that the phone was a refurb. The box, printed material, cord, plug and headphones where all fake.
    They get a higher price if they are coming across as new. I don't know who refurbished them. But I bought in May. Apple guarantee till September.

I wonder if I as the only one. The seller has over 100 positive feedback. Mine was the only negative. But it's very convincing.

I'd imagine these phones are the same.

This is exactly what I got.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-JR0CP_8K2k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I got stung on Adverts. Buying from a popular seller. I got a 5s new and sealed.
    My conclusion was that the phone was a refurb. The box, printed material, cord, plug and headphones where all fake.
    They get a higher price if they are coming across as new. I don't know who refurbished them. But I bought in May. Apple guarantee till September.

I wonder if I as the only one. The seller has over 100 positive feedback. Mine was the only negative. But it's very convincing.

I'd imagine these phones are the same.

This is exactly what I got.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-JR0CP_8K2k

I personally feel that dealing with Adverts sellers with bullet proof feedback is as safe a purchasing method as you can get online. With such solid feedback, I'd have contacted the seller. I'd wager that he/she may have been unaware of the situation. If it was me, you'd have got a no-quibble refund and I would have then given myself a proper whuppin'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement