Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They only film about 6 weeks in advance. We were well into the heatwave at that point.

Just found it funny what Charity was saying about the weather, normally they would be right though.. come to think of it, she seems to be going on Holidays a lot wasn’t she just recently in !anzarote...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    Just found it funny what Charity was saying about the weather, normally they would be right though.. come to think of it, she seems to be going on Holidays a lot wasn’t she just recently in !anzarote...

That was back in February, I think.
    This holiday was kind of weird timing for the character but I assume it's because the trial is coming up and the work load will be pretty heavy for the actors involved so they get a holiday first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

fin12 wrote: »

Depends what part of "Island" she was in....was only 22 in wicklow most days...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was it ever explained why Jakey calls David dad when he has a dad, remember Justin :confused:

emmerdalealiciafri.jpg

Jakey's hair has mad volume, needs shaving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I didn't know that. Yet he lives with David.

• Advertisement

David is the Ken Barlow of Emmerdale a man whore all this nicey nice routine deep done he is horrible

David is the Ken Barlow of Emmerdale a man whore all this nicey nice routine deep done he is horrible

It was really confusing what they were trying to do with David lately. Were we supposed to feel sorry for him during the whole Tracy abortion thing. I was cheering Tracy on when she was telling him what a twat he was.
    And now he's jumped into this new thing with yer woman and we're supposed to believe it's serious? Or even care?

I'm telling you, massive plane crash into the village, ASAP.

Maya is not really fussed that daughter Leanna is mad at her, more eager to get Jakey on her side

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maya is not really fussed that daughter Leanna is mad at her, more eager to get Jakey on her side

Maya is supposed to be a bunny boiler getting rid of Jacob she’s obsessed with David que a long storyline of her tomorenting Jacob will prob and kill her husband Jacob Tracy and David some fire will happen she’ll die the doctor and daughter move away and Tracy and David back together than Leyla will come back with his baby I’m telling you this will happen €20 days I’m right

I should be an Emmerdale writer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So many car crashes in Emmerdale, they have a bad black spot...

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    So many car crashes in Emmerdale, they have a bad black spot...

The build up to this one like Frank and Megan would be at death's door was ridiculous and then they both literally just walk away. What a load of balls.

The build up to this one like Frank and Megan would be at death's door was ridiculous and then they both literally just walk away. What a load of balls.

Cain threatening Frank who is in the right :mad: he couldn't do that with Connor or Joe

Shocking accident Megan lost a shoe and a scarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Shocking accident Megan lost a shoe and a scarf.

And a lens’s from her Raybans!

Anyone else find Ross's party/rave on drugs dancing hillarious! Worst acting he's done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I really liked fiesty frank when he was putting cain in his place before the break. Then suddenly after the break he just wilts at a bit of ott guff from cain. Was a totally unrealistic scene. Joe demolished his family home and evicted his daughter and grandchildren and he barely raised his voice. Yet he's gonna throw Frank under a bus for being a bit peeved that he nearly caused him to die.

I really liked fiesty frank when he was putting cain in his place before the break. Then suddenly after the break he just wilts at a bit of ott guff from cain. Was a totally unrealistic scene. Joe demolished his family home and evicted his daughter and grandchildren and he barely raised his voice. Yet he's gonna throw Frank under a bus for being a bit peeved that he nearly caused him to die.

To be fair Cain did go up to Home Farm with a hammer and plastic sheets to batter Joe. Only Debbie showed up and stopped him.

I'm kind of hoping that Frank doesn't let it drop and goes after Cain in some way. He's beyond boring as a character and given his history as a conman you'd think he'd have something other than threatening to call the police up his sleeve.

Thank the Lord that stupid Amelia storyline seems to be over and it looks like Lachlan's only got a few weeks left too.
    The new producers have only been in place about a week but it looks like they came in and went "right, let's just wrap all this **** up quick as we can."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Daz has to be dead in the head to go with Kerry and ask for a pay advance and then steal from Kerry's employer.

I thought Dan was living in Bob's house but it is Joe's house so must be another owned by Home Farm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did Pryia see what was written on wall, will see make it out

Lachlan is a kipper
    Lachlan is a kimono
    Lachlan is a kisser
    Lachlan is a kitten
    Lachlan is a knight
    Lachlan is a kakapo
    Lachlan is a kicker

I find it hilarious that a few weeks ago Liv was calling him out in public after herself and Robert were nearly killed by a carbon monoxide alarm being tampered with and she remembered Lachlan being there but now a random scratching in a cabin done by an unknown person (on screen) could be what raises suspicion.

Had Liv exam results tonight too? Or has she been sulking over Lochlann trying to kill her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

One thing I've always thought about emerdale writers and as a parent of a girl with down syndrome i have to say they have always handled little Leo's appearance so well with the sign language and all recently it's really nice to see.

jayo26 wrote: »
    One thing I've always thought about emerdale writers and as a parent of a girl with down syndrome i have to say they have always handled little Leo's appearance so well with the sign language and all recently it's really nice to see.

Can I ask why he uses sign language? Is he deaf or is he non verbal? It's just I've never seen it used as something specific to Down syndrome

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Speech is very often delayed in Down Syndrome children. So a simplified sign language (Lámh, in Ireland, the UK have a similar version.. watch Justin/Mr. Tumble on CBeebies) is commonly used.

Is Leyla going to return with David's kid or Pete's kid?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Leyla going to return with David's kid or Pete's kid?

Where did Leyla go? I know the actress is on maternity leave but how did they right her out of it? Were her and Pete not too long broken up before she left for her not to have known she was pregnant?

I forgot she was living with Vanessa before she left. Given Tracy is living there again now it could be very very awkward when she does return. I can definitely see them throwing a baby into that.

Where did Leyla go? I know the actress is on maternity leave but how did they right her out of it? Were her and Pete not too long broken up before she left for her not to have known she was pregnant?

I forgot she was living with Vanessa before she left. Given Tracy is living there again now it could be very very awkward when she does return. I can definitely see them throwing a baby into that.

She went to Greece to run that wedding planning office

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can I ask why he uses sign language? Is he deaf or is he non verbal? It's just I've never seen it used as something specific to Down syndrome

Pretty much what bag of chips said speech can be delayed and many kids with down syndrome are actually very good visually at watching actions and things so as a means to comunicate and to bring on speech and associate actions with words they use simplified sign language.

The Irish version which is làmh has many actions that you would actually understand without ever learning it and its quiet easy to pick up the one word things like thank you, or drink and so on.

Advertisement