Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lachlan storyline has drawn out a bit alright I hope Bell doesn't get dragged into it and that Rebecca be ok.

starlit wrote: »
    Lachlan storyline has drawn out a bit alright I hope Bell doesn't get dragged into it and that Rebecca be ok.

Rebecca will be Belle’s saving grace

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Rebecca will be Belle’s saving grace

I don't see how. Rebecca can't say for certain that Belle wasn't involved in any of it. Even if she didn't have memory problems, she doesn't know what Belle did or didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

I don't see how. Rebecca can't say for certain that Belle wasn't involved in any of it. Even if she didn't have memory problems, she doesn't know what Belle did or didn't know.
    Well, at least she can say that Belle wasn't involved in her kidnapping or false imprisonment. So hopefully, that will count for something. I'm not sure I liked the tone of the "nurse's" message to Lachlan - "I'm going to finish this" . Mind you, since she heard on the news Lachlan has been arrested things might change rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Rebecca does remember what happened in the car( at last!) and Belle was definately not involved in that accident. At that stage she had broken up with Lochlann on the advice of Chrissie.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Rebecca does remember what happened in the car( at last!) and Belle was definately not involved in that accident. At that stage she had broken up with Lochlann on the advice of Chrissie.

But everyone knows that Belle wasn't in the car when it crashed. Rebecca remembering that Lachlan caused it deliberately is irrelevant as far as Belle is concerned.

Lachlan admitted he killed all the people but he claims Belle planned it with him. Nobody can prove or disprove that. It's basically his word against hers. (The fact that Robert saw how scared Belle was, and her reaction to finding out about Gerry, and Lachlan kidnapping her and then her running in front of his car in a blind panic to escape Lachlan should be enough for any half decent police officer to know Lachlan is lying, but the police on Emmerdale don't seem like the brightest bunch)

I know . It's so implausible and frightening how one persons comment can automatically put you down for suspicion of murder. The police are ridiculously bad, it's their job to find the evidence to prove that Belle is guilty, they have zero to go on but Lochlanns comment. What on earth would she gain from the death of his mum and grandad!

I know . It's so implausible and frightening how one persons comment can automatically put you down for suspicion of murder. The police are ridiculously bad, it's their job to find the evidence to prove that Belle is guilty, they have zero to go on but Lochlanns comment. What on earth would she gain from the death of his mum and grandad!

Exactly. The only thing that resulted in was Lachlan staying in the village, but Belle had broken up with him at that point and he could very easily have died in the crash too.
    I get that they have to take his claims somewhat seriously but even the briefest of actual investigation would dismiss them in less than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The White family fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why does Robert get so dressed up all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Laughlin is so annoying. The dramatic pauses, fake smiles and head nodding drive me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why couldn’t that one that was keeping Rebecca just dropped her off at a bus stop or some hospital, she doesn’t need to kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

fin12 wrote:
    Why couldn’t that one that was keeping Rebecca just dropped her off at a bus stop or some hospital, she doesn’t need to kill her.

I'm guessing that Rebecca is in behind the door and the nurse is dead.

fin12 wrote: »

Rebecca will never die :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rebecca will never die :P

Maybe the writers will do a soap first and reveal a person is actually a cat!

It's just excruitiating now. Please let them finish the Rebecca storyline this week. And they should get someone to bump Lochlann off in the jail.

Well look at that. Lochlann actually wanted Rebecca to live and rang Robert . Can't blame him for not believing him. What do we think happened? Did Rebecca hurt the captur and run away or did the captur realise Rebecca was telling the truth and drop her off near Emmerdale?

Well look at that. Lochlann actually wanted Rebecca to live and rang Robert . Can't blame him for not believing him. What do we think happened? Did Rebecca hurt the captur and run away or did the captur realise Rebecca was telling the truth and drop her off near Emmerdale?

I'd guess your woman dropped Rebecca off near the village. Given the state she was in and what she was wearing there's no way she'd have gotten far before someone would have spotted her and called the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Does anyone else find Jessie really annoying?! Its the way she says draws out her words....Marloooon!

Big Vern wrote: »
    Does anyone else find Jessie really annoying?! Its the way she says draws out her words....Marloooon!

She's not a great actress, in my opinion. Was fine when she only appeared every now and again to say something school related but now she's popping up more often she's hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

She's not a great actress, in my opinion. Was fine when she only appeared every now and again to say something school related but now she's popping up more often she's hard work.

Ya and her being hard on her son for not having a career but then thinks the sun shines out of the other one banged up, such a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya and her being hard on her son for not having a career but then thinks the sun shines out of the other one banged up, such a load of crap.

They seem to be trying to develop her more in it i probably hasnt noticed her much before. The storyline isnt great either.

Pairing her with Marlon is a no no, zero chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Funny, last night I found her really annoying last night as well. Didn’t mind her before.

I know the story is going to be Ellis is right about the brother but I'd prefer him to be wrong.

Emmerdale have cast Paul Copley as Charity's father Obadiah

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't find it on Virgin Media One, Two, or Three's schedules, but starting tonight on ITV is a six-part documentary series, Emmerdale 1918, which focuses the lives of people living in the actually village of Yorkshire, Esholt (where Emmerdale is set) during World War I, but Emmerdale cast members Mark Charnock (Marlon), Charlotte Bellamy (Laurel), John Middleton (Ashley), Natalie J. Robb (Moira), Bhasker Patel (Rishi), and Zoe Henry (Rhona) will be our guides in each episode. Looks quite interesting.

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale-main/emmerdale-news/emmerdale-1918-first-look-everything-need-know-547230/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How long until Matty gets triggered at this event thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Moses heading for the water, I wonder will he end up being Sarah's heart doner.
    Since Michael Parr is leaving, could be the start of his exit.

• Advertisement

Quite near the end of the first episode. Fair play to Moira!

Advertisement