Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody remember the McAllister family from the 1990's?
    44323472_10214714724556163_4017677932423020544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=7a2672ebef6d5cdc5839b5ca3ddcefc1&oe=5C86531F

• Registered Users Posts: 86,499 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What has happened to cute cheeky April, now she bullying her little brother Leo :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What has happened to cute cheeky April, now she bullying her little brother Leo :mad:

Basically she feels forgotten about and blames Leo!

Basically she feels forgotten about and blames Leo!

Marlon spoils April, she is not forgot about, Bob and Brenda treat her as their grandchild

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Marlon spoils April, she is not forgot about, Bob and Brenda treat her as their grandchild

She is Bob’s step granddaughter.

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She is Bob’s step granddaughter.

I know but Bob rarely mentions his own grandkids from his many kids :p, Dawn and Terry had a child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I know but Bob rarely mentions his own grandkids from his many kids :p, Dawn and Terry had a child

Where is that child now? Did Terry die?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Isn't one of Jimmy's kids his step grand child too?

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Where is that child now? Did Terry die?

Yes Terry died in the fire trying to save Viv

Does Bob's ex wife (Dawn's mother) have that child?
    Isn't one of Jimmy's kids his step grand child too?

Elliot is the child of Kelly and Jimmy, Kelly was Viv's step daughter

How many kids does Bob have of his own?

I only remember Dawn, Carly and Jamie plus the twins

Yes Terry died in the fire trying to save Viv

Does Bob's ex wife (Dawn's mother) have that child?

Elliot is the child of Kelly and Jimmy, Kelly was Viv's step daughter

How many kids does Bob have of his own?

I only remember Dawn, Carly and Jamie plus the twins

According to Wikipedia Bob has 4 daughters and 3 sons.

There's a daughter who was born unknown to him after he got drunk on a cruise and married an entertainer. She lives in America?

There's another son called Josh, who has the same mum as Carly but he's only appeared in one or two episodes.

• Advertisement

I wonder what Gabby will do to Dr. Liam :p is Gabby and Leanna friends?

This Clive lad is obviously a con man, yes?
    Woo a rich lady, find out where she keeps her valuables, con another gullible lady into falling for you, tell her the goods are yours, get her to take them out of the country so you don't get caught with them, let the dust settle then collect the goods from stupid lady 2, and she never sees you again.
    Also explains why Clive sounds like such a made up name. It probably is.

Clive knows Frank, one con knows another :p

Do you think Clive will bed Tracy or Megan?

Clive knows Frank, one con knows another :p

Do you think Clive will bed Tracy or Megan?

Or Frank?

According to Wikipedia Bob has 4 daughters and 3 sons.

There's a daughter who was born unknown to him after he got drunk on a cruise and married an entertainer. She lives in America?

There's another son called Josh, who has the same mum as Carly but he's only appeared in one or two episodes

Interesting fact. One of Bobs kids (Josh i think) was played by the same guy who later went on to play Jackson who was Aarons unfortunate ex that was left paraplegic after a car crash and was later euthanised by Aaron

Interesting fact. One of Bobs kids (Josh i think) was placed by the same guy who later went on to play Jackson who was Aarons unfortunate ex that was left paraplegic after a car crash and was later euthanised by Aaron

Oh. That might explain why when I was looking up Bob's kids it listed the guy who played Josh's last appearance being only a few years ago. They've obviously mixed up the characters he was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is she not a bit hard on Paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Just

I'm here with my 4 week old baby girl in my arms, couldn't handle watching :(

Is she not a bit hard on Paddy?

I think they're portraying really well how grief can sometimes make one person behave in a way they normally would tbh .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I really feel sorry for anyone that had to go through this in real life...but omg are they dragging it out...

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think they're portraying really well how grief can sometimes make one person behave in a way they normally would tbh .

I'm sure they are. It just seems like she's been very hard on him, unnecessarily.

I'm sure they are. It just seems like she's been very hard on him, unnecessarily.

Oh she is , sadly that often happens as he's her "safe place " and she can lash out at him and know it's ok .

Doesn't make it right or wrong , it often happens that's all .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oh she is , sadly that often happens as he's her "safe place " and she can lash out at him and know it's ok .

Doesn't make it right or wrong , it often happens that's all .

It's not very fair on him. He's lucky he's got Marlon Looking out for him at least

It's not very fair on him. He's lucky he's got Marlon Looking out for him at least

No it's not fair , that's why I said earlier that they're handling this fairly accurately , imo .

It's always good to have someone like Marlon there for him .

I really feel sorry for anyone that had to go through this in real life...but omg are they dragging it out...

Agreed. Its gone waaay overboard. I agree with portraying the effect it has on couples certainly but an actual character who died in this soap is forgotten in a week.
    The Barton family was practically wiped out (John, Holly, Ross, Finn, James and Emma) and yet life has gone on. The Whites were killed off and no one really blinked an eye. Losing a baby is terrible (and my sister has experience of it -stillborn) but there is a certain amount of acceptance at the same time that if the child couldnt survive long term then its better he/she was at peace. Most couples deal with the torment more privately.

I suppose in an era though where abortion on demand is celebrated in the streets it may be no harm to portray the traumatic effect it has on couples at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Most couples deal with the torment more privately.

I managed to watch the second episode. Agree completely. Standing over the grave making a speech was ridiculous. As much as I hate those arty type episodes, it would have been better to show that as an inner monologue type thing.

I think it feels like they're dragging it out because of how they take forever to bury people in the UK. Like here she'd have been buried weeks ago, maybe even straight from the hospital. They've been mourning her for 3 weeks now and we're only just getting to the funeral!

I know it's probably a realistic portrayal of extreme grief but Chas was really getting on my nerves today. She wouldn't do anything to help organise the funeral and then sat and pulled the whole thing apart. I assume they'll now go down the route of Chas and Paddy's relationship struggling in the aftermath of it all, which again is probably realistic but it's a bit depressing on top of an already depressing storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So Ross won't be killing anyone,kidnapping anyone,doing jail,or getting killed off,he'll be sent to Liverpool,some people might think it's worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Very hard to watch. Have been through it and our funeral took place in my parents kitchen with the coffin on the kitchen table - priest said a few words that I can't recall and there was quite a crowd there - relatives mainly that had asked mum if they could come. It was a freezing cold day. I still had a bump - nothing fitted and I looked like ****. Wasn't even thinking of clothes. Chas is playing the part well but I definitely wouldn't have spoken out during the prayers even though I had no hand in choosing them. I feel for Paddy as he feels he has to be strong, as is the same with many men. But the grief catches up with everyone in the end.

Advertisement