Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Didn't Jessie have her knickers in a twist a while ago about Marlon having photos of his exes hanging up around the house? And now she carts in a f**king urn full of her dead husband!?!

Really feels like they’re just making up her back story episode by episode. First the son in prison and now the dead husbands ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,489 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even Marlon and Laurel were miles better than him and Jessie

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Really feels like they’re just making up her back story episode by episode. First the son in prison and now the dead husbands ashes.

It really does. I could tolerate her when she popped up occasionally as part of a school related story but I have no idea why they decided to make her permanent, and then give her actual heavy emotional scenes to do. She's not a great actor.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Even Marlon and Laurel were miles better than him and Jessie

They have zero chemistry, possibly less than Megan and Graham had, and that's saying something.

It really does. I could tolerate her when she popped up occasionally as part of a school related story but I have no idea why they decided to make her permanent, and then give her actual heavy emotional scenes to do. She's not a great actor.

They have zero chemistry, possibly less than Megan and Graham had, and that's saying something.

Graham has chemistry with Moira

Emmerdale has teased a secret connection between Harriet Finch and mysterious drug addict Dawn.

The ITV soap recently brought back the character of Dawn (Olivia Bromley) for a new storyline with Rhona Goskirk and Pete Barton. Prior to this, Dawn was last seen earlier in the year as part of Ross's drug storyline.

However, it's now been confirmed that Harriet also shares a secret connection with Dawn, meaning viewers definitely haven't seen the last of her.

We already know that Harriet will be taking centre stage in a big story in the near future, with it now looking like it's connected to Dawn's reappearance.

Over the festive season, Harriet will become increasingly determined to track down Ross Barton's ex-conquest – hinting at a secret past between them.

What does Harriet want with the troubled drug addict? Is it simply her police instincts kicking in? Or does she have a secret connection to her past?

Given that it was recently reported that Harriet's past would be coming back to haunt her at some stage, we are hedging towards the latter.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...wn-connection/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Not great a great actress at all. As others have said its like they are making it up as they go along. I find this and the Frank/Clive story-line a bit boring at the moment. I know it cant always be explosions and crashes etc. Just a bit boring of late!

Hopefully this Harriet/Dawn story will help things pick up a bit before Christmas.

Big Vern wrote: »

Hopefully this Harriet/Dawn story will help things pick up a bit before Christmas.

Harriet deserves a juicy story line. I forget she exists at times. She only pops up when someone needs a vicar, which is fine if she was just a background character, but Ashley used to be involved in everyone's business. I only hope Dawn's not her long lost child. Too many of those story lines.

The bike fake painting storyline was stupid and not good at alas Frank and Megan breaking up again YAWN!

Harriet deserves a juicy story line. I forget she exists at times. She only pops up when someone needs a vicar, which is fine if she was just a background character, but Ashley used to be involved in everyone's business. I only hope Dawn's not her long lost child. Too many of those story lines.

Hopefully it wont be a long lost child story, been done too many times.
    Maybe Dawn knows something about Harriet that she'd rather the village didn't know.

Big Vern wrote: »
    Hopefully it wont be a long lost child story, been done too many times.
    Maybe Dawn knows something about Harriet that she'd rather the village didn't know.

Or maybe Harriet is somehow responsible for the life Dawn's living now? Like she had her parents arrested or had Dawn taken into care or something like that?

• Advertisement

The bike fake painting storyline was stupid and not good at alas Frank and Megan breaking up again YAWN!

Frank living with Leyla, they'll be getting it on by Christmas, she could be Tracy and Vanessa's step mum :p

Frank living with Leyla, they'll be getting it on by Christmas, she could be Tracy and Vanessa's step mum :p

My Missus said this to me last night, Frank and Leyla will get it on!

So we will have them trying to keep it a secret from everyone and Megan will probably find out on Christmas day and go mental and burn down Vanessa's house! Haven't had a good fire in a while!

Lachlan White will be making a shock comeback in future episodes.

Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) is facing a lengthy prison sentence for multiple murders, with his final scenes airing back in September.

However, it seems that Lachlan's hold over the village hasn't ended just yet, as his ex-girlfriend Belle is about to find out.

After her hellish ordeal at the hands of Lachlan, Belle will be thrown when she realises that he definitely hasn't forgotten about her – or the village.

Fans will have to wait and see what Lachlan has in store for Belle and the rest of the village's residents, but we can confirm Thomas has reprised his role for the new story

Lachlan (Thomas Atkinson) is facing a lengthy prison sentence for multiple murders, with his final scenes airing back in September.

However, it seems that Lachlan's hold over the village hasn't ended just yet, as his ex-girlfriend Belle is about to find out.

After her hellish ordeal at the hands of Lachlan, Belle will be thrown when she realises that he definitely hasn't forgotten about her – or the village.

Fans will have to wait and see what Lachlan has in store for Belle and the rest of the village's residents, but we can confirm Thomas has reprised his role for the new story

Ugh really he’s not Pat Phelan

Ugh really he’s not Pat Phelan

Who???!!

I expected a prison break and village rampage but I expected it months ago. I'd be surprised if they did it now. I'd imagine he's just tormenting them from prison. I wouldn't mind him taking out a few people though, if he is actually coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I found the more exit poor and I'm happy their coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Graham is the only person I know who got more attractive when he let himself go and went on a bender.

Charity trying to be a mother to Johnny but forgetting her own son Noah and where is Ryan?

Have Virgin Media got the wrong episodes up on their player? I think they've got the second episode from tonight and then tomorrow's episode up?

• Advertisement

I like Bernice and Liam together

I like Bernice and Liam together

I could take them or leave them until he showed up in the pub in a dress and now I love them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Charity trying to be a mother to Johnny but forgetting her own son Noah and where is Ryan?

She didn’t just ‘forget’ Noah she practically told him to ‘feck off’ when it was obvious he needed to talk to her about something, all while going on about learning ‘how to be a good mum’ from mumsnet. Love watching her as a character but God she is a terrible mother.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She didn’t just ‘forget’ Noah she practically told him to ‘feck off’ when it was obvious he needed to talk to her about something, all while going on about learning ‘how to be a good mum’ from mumsnet. Love watching her as a character but God she is a terrible mother.

The thing about Noah though is that he constantly shuns Charity when she tries to be there for him. He literally moved out when she was in the middle of the trial and chose Joe over and over again, despite what he'd done to Charity and Debbie. I do make allowances for the fact he's only 14, and the upbringing he's had, but he's the same as Debbie, never wants Charity's help when she offers it, ridicules her attempts to help too, but then throw the toys out of the pram when Charity can't or won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like Samson , hope we get to see more of him in good storylines .

Jakey , think it's going to be a slow burner between him and Mia .

Graham taking over Cains Hard Man label , nah , Cain keeps it :p

Graham and Moira really do have chemistry. Doubt they'll do anything with it but she might be the only person on the entire show that makes him look like an actual human.

That blonde teenage girl can’t remeber her name is an awful piece of work

That blonde teenage girl can’t remeber her name is an awful piece of work

Leanna.
    She is but I kind of like her compared to the goody goody teenagers.

Leanna.
    She is but I kind of like her compared to the goody goody teenagers.

I think the character would be alright if the actress was better. Don't want to be mean about young people but she's not exactly brilliant, is she?

• Advertisement

I think the character would be alright if the actress was better. Don't want to be mean about young people but she's not exactly brilliant, is she?

I understand where your coming from.
    I just have w thing for the bad kids in programs.

Advertisement