Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

Leanna.
    She is but I kind of like her compared to the goody goody teenagers.

I like her also she plays a good baddie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

That scene with David and Liv in the shop was stupid. As if a grown man would start discussing sex with the teenage girlfriend of his son . At all! Never mind in a shop ! With her brother standing beside her !

It was ridiculous.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Maybe if David tried talking to Jacob instead of letting the girlfriend that's only been in his life for 5 mins have a parent/son chat with him he might get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,489 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Again what is the story with Jakey's parents Alicia and Justin, have they just vanished, no mention of them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

That scene with David and Liv in the shop was stupid. As if a grown man would start discussing sex with the teenage girlfriend of his son . At all! Never mind in a shop ! With her brother standing beside her !

It was ridiculous.

To be fair, David is a numpty, so it's not that surprising that he'd do that. I'm finding this story line genuinely disturbing to watch. It's very unsettling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

To be fair, David is a numpty, so it's not that surprising that he'd do that. I'm finding this story line genuinely disturbing to watch. It's very unsettling.

It's horrible. The way she kissed Jake and then legged it leaving him even more confused, she's evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cash_Q wrote: »
    It's horrible. The way she kissed Jake and then legged it leaving him even more confused, she's evil.

I actually find it sort of an interesting story depending on how it plays out. It will probably go on for a while and she'll get caught and might go to jail. Liv or leanna might figure of what's going on but won't be believed.
    It really reminds me of when I was in school and almost every lad'd fantasy was getting off with the teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I actually find it sort of an interesting story depending on how it plays out. It will probably go on for a while and she'll get caught and might go to jail. Liv or leanna might figure of what's going on but won't be believed.
    It really reminds me of when I was in school and almost every lad'd fantasy was getting off with the teacher.

I do aswell, really interested now to see how this story progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cash_Q wrote: »

I find this storyline tough viewing , very uncomfortable . It reminds me of the Aaron/Liv storyline with the sexual abuse as in that both are being portrayed scarily accurately , and it hits home as it's a very real situation for many people .

Hope that makes sense in a roundabout way :o

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I find this storyline tough viewing , very uncomfortable . It reminds me of the Aaron/Liv storyline with the sexual abuse as in that both are being portrayed scarily accurately , and it hits home as it's a very real situation for many people .

Hope that makes sense in a roundabout way :o

That's why it's so unsettling, initially it was hard to tell if she even was grooming him or just fancied him, both being wrong, obviously. I think after last night's ep was the first time ITV actually said anything officially about the story, basically confirming it as a grooming story line.

If anyone was to find out about them at this point it would be extremely easy for Maya to deny all responsibility and make it look like Jacob is just a randy teen who wouldn't leave her alone.

• Advertisement

I dunno what to make of it. But I haven't been watching consistently since it started, so I missed how she got to this level. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt because it looked like she was trying to stop it.

But all the quiet little conversations with him and leaving David out of it is beyond creepy. Then kissing him, which was awful and now blaming it all on him. She's really fecking him up. With grooming stories it's usually told from the point of view of the adult trying to manipulate the younger person so they can take advantage of them. She doesn't seem to be intending to do this, but at the same time she indulged in the ego boost rather than dealing with it and helping Jacob.

The kiss last night was awful viewing.

As i say, i don't really know what to make of it. But maybe there was more in the build up that I missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Again what is the story with Jakey's parents Alicia and Justin, have they just vanished, no mention of them

Leyla is actually Jakeys mam. I don't know about the dad though.

Feel so sorry for Jake he’s been abused and doesn’t know it

I dunno what to make of it. But I haven't been watching consistently since it started, so I missed how she got to this level. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt because it looked like she was trying to stop it.

But all the quiet little conversations with him and leaving David out of it is beyond creepy. Then kissing him, which was awful and now blaming it all on him. She's really fecking him up. With grooming stories it's usually told from the point of view of the adult trying to manipulate the younger person so they can take advantage of them. She doesn't seem to be intending to do this, but at the same time she indulged in the ego boost rather than dealing with it and helping Jacob.

As i say, i don't really know what to make of it. But maybe there was more in the build up that I missed?

Jake kissed her a few weeks ago when it was her birthday . That's why he's so "off" with David and he was wondering if she was going to say anything to David about it .

It's so creepy , and manipulate ,.and scary to see how easy it is to play with a young persons emotions and play mind games with them .

Leyla is actually Jakeys mam. I don't know about the dad though.

I know but she gave him to Alicia and Justin (his real father who was Alicia's husband) to raise but now no mention of them

I think that's the point of how they're telling it. You're not really 100% sure of what's actually going on. Although the last week or so of episodes have made it much clearer that she's enjoying Jacob's attention and manipulating him.

People seemed to jump to the grooming conclusion when the first spoilers about Jacob fancying Maya came out, but a lot of what played out on screen could have been explained away as him just having and inappropriate crush and her not dealing with it very well. And there was nothing from ITV or any of the actors confirming that that's what was happening.

I think yesterday was the first official confirmation from ITV that it was actually a grooming story. They released a press thing talking about working with a children's charity and talking to people who were abused to make sure they got it right. And that coincides with it becoming much clearer on screen as to what's going on. So yeah, I think it was their intention to sort of have the viewers in Jacob's position for the start of it. If I hadn't seen people online calling it a grooming story line before it started I don't think I would have automatically jumped to that conclusion from what we've seen on screen. Until now, obviously.

I know but she gave him to Alicia and Justin (his real father who was Alicia's husband) to raise but now no mention of them

Alicia's in Portugal isn't she? David and Jacob have gone out to see her a few times.

I think that's the point of how they're telling it. You're not really 100% sure of what's actually going on. Although the last week or so of episodes have made it much clearer that she's enjoying Jacob's attention and manipulating him.

People seemed to jump to the grooming conclusion when the first spoilers about Jacob fancying Maya came out, but a lot of what played out on screen could have been explained away as him just having and inappropriate crush and her not dealing with it very well. And there was nothing from ITV or any of the actors confirming that that's what was happening.

I think yesterday was the first official confirmation from ITV that it was actually a grooming story. They released a press thing talking about working with a children's charity and talking to people who were abused to make sure they got it right. And that coincides with it becoming much clearer on screen as to what's going on. So yeah, I think it was their intention to sort of have the viewers in Jacob's position for the start of it. If I hadn't seen people online calling it a grooming story line before it started I don't think I would have automatically jumped to that conclusion from what we've seen on screen. Until now, obviously.

Very interesting. And a brilliant way of doing it in that case. Very clever.

Very interesting. And a brilliant way of doing it in that case. Very clever.

Usually with soaps they make it very clear when someone's a villain. I think it's interesting that they've 1) made it a woman and 2) been extremely subtle about how she's doing what she's doing. And I'm interested to see what happens when it comes out what's happened between them, how other characters react, because I can see some of them passing it off as every teen boy's fantasy and things like that.

Oh, and it's also interesting that ages ago Jessie had to have a word with Maya about simply giving Noah a lift home. So from a teacher's point of view something that simple is overstepping and not allowed. So what Maya's been doing with Jacob is miles over the mark, even before he kissed her. So even if we, the viewer haven't been sure whether she's doing anything wrong, any teacher's watching who have done safe guard training must have been screaming at the TV for weeks now.

She's going to twist it to blame him isn't she?

• Advertisement

So even if we, the viewer haven't been sure whether she's doing anything wrong, any teacher's watching who have done safe guard training must have been screaming at the TV for weeks now.

Absolutely, it's not advised to even be in a room alone with a student, door must be kept open and both working in view of that doorway. When working with very young children who need to be accompanied to the bathroom e.g. on a school trip, it's advised to bring additional children so that you're never alone together. Both are to protect the child and to minimise risk of accusations.

Is Leanna and the Doc living at the B&B?

Is Leanna and the Doc living at the B&B?

Like the homeless crisis in Ireland :D

It's a shame it's Jacob who is paying the price but it was only a matter of time before David's ridiculous behaviour with women led to some sort of repercussions. I mean he's had some combination of Leyla, Alicia, Priya and Tracy on the go for years, then he's broke up with Tracy 5 minutes before he's with Maya and then 5 minutes later he moves her in with his kid. Obviously he can't have expected this would happen but he doesn't seem to give much thought to anything when it comes to women.

I would love for Jacob to go and live with Leyla and Tracy once this all blows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was hoping the storyline was going to turn out like a story in Waterloo Road.
    They guy was 16 tough and fell in love with the Teacher.
    The ended up elopong to Grants Green and marrying and then she was arrested. I think they ended up together in the end.

David's had more conversation with Maya than he has with Jacob and he can see there's something wrong with him. He's not taking the lead at all. It's very frustrating

It's a shame it's Jacob who is paying the price but it was only a matter of time before David's ridiculous behaviour with women led to some sort of repercussions. I mean he's had some combination of Leyla, Alicia, Priya and Tracy on the go for years, then he's broke up with Tracy 5 minutes before he's with Maya and then 5 minutes later he moves her in with his kid. Obviously he can't have expected this would happen but he doesn't seem to give much thought to anything when it comes to women.

I would love for Jacob to go and live with Leyla and Tracy once this all blows up.

Or better Alicia and Justin return, I did not think Justin was a bad father but now to make Jakey David's "son" no mention of Justin

Is it Kerry that was run over or Graham?

Ok , it was a man :o

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Is it Kerry that was run over or Graham?

Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Gets dark all of a sudden in Emmerdale!!

Advertisement