Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,489 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Big Vern wrote: »
    Gets dark all of a sudden in Emmerdale!!

Emmerdale itself bright and still in daylight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Emmerdale itself bright and still in daylight

Was it? Can't remember what scenes were outdoors after that dark driving scene?!

It did seem very sudden, but then it's dark by 4.30/5 this time of year

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Was it? Can't remember what scenes were outdoors after that dark driving scene?!

It did seem very sudden, but then it's dark by 4.30/5 this time of year

The graveyard scene was bright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yeah, it went from Daz driving in the dark to Chas and Paddy in daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:

Curlysue76 wrote:
    Yeah, it went from Daz driving in the dark to Chas and Paddy in daylight.

Ah right grand thanks, I tend to be only half watching, all I could remember was the policeman questioning in the pub and the scenes in Amelia' s house with her dad/uncle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Daz was driving in daylight then the next moment he was driving in the pitch dark!
    I know it gets darker earlier this time of year but it was such a jump!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The kids doing the pranks is a stupid story line anyway but Noah and Leanna doing them around the village is beyond stupid. It's a relatively small village and there's only a handful of kids who go to the school. Even Jessie figured that out last week. That said she still seemed to think it was Samson and didn't automatically realise it was Noah, the most obvious choice, especially when Jai's van was sprayed and again when Vanessa was targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Some of the story lines haven't been great of late, like they are coming up with stuff and just running with it. Hopefully they will have something big lined up for Christmas, thats the hope anyway.

Big Vern wrote: »
    Some of the story lines haven't been great of late, like they are coming up with stuff and just running with it. Hopefully they will have something big lined up for Christmas, thats the hope anyway.

I still think there was a lot of righting of wrongs from the new production team and some of it was easily fixed, Laurel and Bob, for example. But some of it was harder and requires us to just not ask questions and roll with it. I'm quietly hopeful that some of the stories that are starting or have just started will be good. I'm looking forward to Harriet's upcoming story and, as hard to watch as Jacob/Maya is, I'm interested to see how it plays out.

I see yer man who plays Eric has said something about the Jacob/Maya storyline being every young boy's dream. (I'm guessing he wasn't involved with any of the meeting with the children's charity or victims support groups if he's saying something like that)

Which I think will be a lot of people's attitudes and probably proves why it's quite an important story line they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I see yer man who plays Eric has said something about the Jacob/Maya storyline being every young boy's dream. (I'm guessing he wasn't involved with any of the meeting with the children's charity or victims support groups if he's saying something like that)

Which I think will be a lot of people's attitudes and probably proves why it's quite an important story line they're doing.

That's the interesting thing about this storyline in my own opinion. It could go either way. The lad could regret it or really want it and have no regrets.

That's the interesting thing about this storyline in my own opinion. It could go either way. The lad could regret it or really want it and have no regrets.

Well I think that's the point. Up until the last week or so it could have been a completely consensual two way thing. Which, let's be clear, is still completely wrong and illegal. However it's very clear now that she's manipulating him, she's messing with his head and whatever her ultimate intentions are, it's not a simple case of her fancying him and not knowing what to do about it.

But I think once it's made public she will very much play on that "every teen boy's fantasy" idea to excuse her actions and there will be people who won't see how it's abuse. I'm sure there'll be plenty in the village lining up to high five Jacob.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well I think that's the point. Up until the last week or so it could have been a completely consensual two way thing. Which, let's be clear, is still completely wrong and illegal. However it's very clear now that she's manipulating him, she's messing with his head and whatever her ultimate intentions are, it's not a simple case of her fancying him and not knowing what to do about it.

But I think once it's made public she will very much play on that "every teen boy's fantasy" idea to excuse her actions and there will be people who won't see how it's abuse. I'm sure there'll be plenty in the village lining up to high five Jacob.

Yes.
    They are definitely going to go down the route of her manipulate him. They'd never get away with it sort of a two way thing which of course is illegal.

Yes.
    They are definitely going to go down the route of her manipulate him. They'd never get away with it sort of a two way thing which of course is illegal.

I keep thinking of Vanessa and Kirin from a few years ago which was gross to me and I try to pretend it never happened, but that was presented as being okay because Kirin was 17 when they met (he lied about being in his 20s) and it was always 100% consensual. I remember one scene they even had him in his school uniform!

I think if they were going to do a student teacher relationship that was supposed to be a consensual 2 way thing they'd have to have an older student and a much younger teacher. It would still be wrong in terms of safe guarding and all that but not illegal and not abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Is it wrong that when Graham broke down sobbing all I could think was ...'oh god don't drop the bottle ...what a waste of good whiskey that'd be'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus the whole fcuking bottle gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    Seems the pensioner was slaging off the actor and also his daughter. Two sides to this story !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Seems the pensioner was slaging off the actor and also his daughter. Two sides to this story !

Even if that is true, it doesnt excuse someone biting someone in the face. You have to be some scumbag to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Even if that is true, it doesnt excuse someone biting someone in the face. You have to be some scumbag to do that.
    Omg. Didn't know he bit him. That's out of order. Bloody hell. !

• Advertisement

It's weird that he's still on the show while this is going on. They've had plenty of opportunities to get rid of him recently without it seeming odd that the character wasn't around suddenly. Maybe this current hit and run story will be the end of him.

It's weird that he's still on the show while this is going on. They've had plenty of opportunities to get rid of him recently without it seeming odd that the character wasn't around suddenly. Maybe this current hit and run story will be the end of him.
    Maybe they have to wait till a verdict is reached. It’s strange how Todd from Corrie was written out of the show straight away.

Maybe they have to wait till a verdict is reached. It’s strange how Todd from Corrie was written out of the show straight away.

Years ago the other Daz, Andy's brother, was booted from Emmerdale the second he got into trouble. Wasn't Kevin off Corrie suspended when accusations were made against him too? Nothing came of them and he came back to work but they're usually pretty quick to take action with these things, and Daz isn't even a relevant character. As I said earlier they could easily have written him out any number of times since this happened.

Daz is an useless character, brings nothing to the show, irrelevant

I assume the actor got the job and is kept around is as his girlfriend must have some pull

Did Samson say he was 12?!? He's got a deeper voice than Barry White.

I don’t like Daz

Spoiler for early next year
    Vanessa gets stabbed and left for dead when she interrupts someone pouring petrol all over the place. They then steel her car to escape unaware that Johnny is inside.

My money is on it being
    Billy, Jessie's other son

I don’t like Daz

Does anyone :p

Has Nicola dyed her hair or is it just a wig? Nice colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

What did Nicola do to her hair? Why? She looks at least 10 years older.

Advertisement