Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,488 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even if he did I don't know why he admitted it. He could have just said him and Aaron were together all night. Alibi for both of them. I know Aaron implied nobody could confirm his whereabouts but they could have made something up. Like when Vanessa told the police she was in the toilets with Charity when Kim Tate was pushed off the balcony. Charity had already told the police nobody could confirm where she was at the time and they still believed Vanessa when she went to them.

Exactly plus we know how cunning Robert can be, no problem lying so is he covering as he thinks it was Aaron?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Exactly plus we know how cunning Robert can be, no problem lying so is he covering as he thinks it was Aaron?

I thought he was lying but the conversation they had when he came home made me think he did actually do it. Although Robert doesn't strike me as much of a fighter. But again, I don't see why they didn't just lie about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

No way does Bernice look 50 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

No way does Bernice look 50 years old.

Samantha Giles only turns 48 next year.

Surprise surprise. Robert confesses to a crime and gets away with it. Him and Debbie should form a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope the Billy lad ends up being sort of good.
    I'm sick of mopey Aaron.

I'm sick of mopey Aaron.

It feels like he's going to be somewhere in the middle of Ellis' opinion of him and Jessie's. I'd believe he's not as bad as Aaron thinks he is and did whatever he did in prison to protect himself but Ellis' opinion of him is based on experiences before that and he did end up in prison in the first place.

They need someone a little dodgy to liven things up a bit. The Dingles have all gone and settled down, Ross is gone, and Kim Tate is going to be a full on villain when she comes back, there's nobody filling that middle ground at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I'm sick of mopey Aaron.
    Has cried fake tears more than any other actor EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Out of all the popular soap characters Aaron is the one person that dies nothing for me.

Spoiler for early next year
    Vanessa gets stabbed and left for dead when she interrupts someone pouring petrol all over the place. They then steel her car to escape unaware that Johnny is inside.
    Billy also rumoured on line to be in cohoots with Lachlan or Kim, trashing the Dingle house for one of them

• Advertisement

Billy also rumoured on line to be in cohoots with Lachlan or Kim, trashing the Dingle house for one of them

The latest rumour is
    that it's Lachlan's dad! Apparently he's on the cast list for the week Vanessa gets stabbed, and so is Lachlan. I think it's pretty much confirmed that Lachlan has someone doing his bidding on the outside and he's trying to intimidate Belle by showing her he can mess with the Dingles even in jail. So whoever he's in contact with must try to set fire to the pub and Vanessa gets in the way. I was 100% sure it would be Billy who did, given he's just out of prison, it but it all seems a bit too obvious now.

The latest rumour is
    that it's Lachlan's dad! Apparently he's on the cast list for the week Vanessa gets stabbed, and so is Lachlan. I think it's pretty much confirmed that Lachlan has someone doing his bidding on the outside and he's trying to intimidate Belle by showing her he can mess with the Dingles even in jail. So whoever he's in contact with must try to set fire to the pub and Vanessa gets in the way. I was 100% sure it would be Billy who did, given he's just out of prison, it but it all seems a bit too obvious now.

I thought Donny was killed off, arranged by Robert or Lawerence :o:confused:

I thought Donny was killed off, arranged by Robert or Lawerence :o:confused:

No idea. I don't even remember him being in it. Just going by what the internets are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Billy wants a job and a chance to prove himself. Someone knocks on the door and he can't go from the sofa to the door and calls mummy. Hod carrying is out then.

The latest rumour is
    James Tate also rumoured to be Vanessa's stabber

James Tate also rumoured to be Vanessa's stabber

Bit random. And Michelle Hardwick said in an interview it's someone we've seen before. Although, I suppose technically we did see him before many moons ago.

Loving Bernice in Emmerdale also Ellis is rummoured to be gay also

Loving Bernice in Emmerdale also Ellis is rummoured to be gay also

Do you mean Billy? Ellis is with Victoria.

Do you mean Billy? Ellis is with Victoria.

I meant Billy sorry

Feel bad for Bernice I hope she will be ok

I meant Billy sorry

Bernice has been hilarious the last few weeks. It's a shame she felt she needed to do what she did but it feels like ages since Bernice had a proper story .

• Advertisement

I meant Billy sorry

I thought Billy was to get with Laurel or Priya but I suppose making him gay or bi means trouble for Robron :p will one cheat?

I thought Billy was to get with Laurel or Priya but I suppose making him gay or bi means trouble for Robron :p will one cheat?

The fandom will snap if Robron cheats

I know it's a soap and they live and die by drama but it's entirely possible for 2 or more gay people to exist in the same place without sleeping together. Would actually be a refreshing change if they allowed Billy to be gay and not involved with Aaron and Robert in any way.

I know it's a soap and they live and die by drama but it's entirely possible for 2 or more gay people to exist in the same place without sleeping together. Would actually be a refreshing change if they allowed Billy to be gay and not involved with Aaron and Robert in any way.

Or just another gay friend I I don’t want an affair storyline

Or just another gay friend I I don’t want an affair storyline

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with Robert and Aaron breaking up but I don't think I could cope with the reaction from their fan base if they did.
    It would be nice for either Aaron or Robert to have a story line away from the other for a change. It would actually be kind of interesting if Robert were to befriend Billy and for them just to be friends. Robert barely exists as a character outside of Aaron these days. Would be interesting to see him develop a genuine friendship with someone he's not trying to scam or use.

Angst crying Aaron is a must for Emmerdale :p

Angst crying Aaron is a must for Emmerdale :p

I think Robert making a friend would make Aaron cry for sure. He could also blame himself for not being good enough for Robert to not want to have any interactions with another person besides him. Making everything about him is as essential to the character as angst crying.

I think Robert making a friend would make Aaron cry for sure. He could also blame himself for not being good enough for Robert to not want to have any interactions with another person besides him. Making everything about him is as essential to the character as angst crying.

I do like Robert interacting with others besides Aaron, I thought he would visit "sister" Bernice but he did not visit "niece" Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Everything happens at the cricket pavilion, Dawns home from home.

That scene a couple of weeks back when Rhona found Dawn at cricket pavilion was strange, she's walking up to pavilion with Leo when she stops and starts mocking Leo, weird/ She picks up an Onion and says to Leo '' Onion , Onion , Onnnnnnn iiiiooonn ONIONNNNNN.
    I'm sure he knows what an Onion is, I'm sure he has eating them, seen them before. Such a weird scene, thought it was such a put down to the kid.

• Advertisement

Everything happens at the cricket pavilion, Dawns home from home.

That scene a couple of weeks back when Rhona found Dawn at cricket pavilion was strange, she's walking up to pavilion with Leo when she stops and starts mocking Leo, weird/ She picks up an Onion and says to Leo '' Onion , Onion , Onnnnnnn iiiiooonn ONIONNNNNN.
    I'm sure he knows what an Onion is, I'm sure he has eating them, seen them before. Such a weird scene, thought it was such a put down to the kid.

First of all, that scene with Rhona was the village garden/allotment thing, not the cricket pavilion.

Secondly, Leo appears to have delayed development when it comes to speech, that's why they use Makaton sign language when speaking to him. I would assume she's trying to teach him how to pronounce words, not telling him what an onion is.

Advertisement