Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow. That was a phenomenally powerful episode and just an incredibly moving and emotional performance from John Middleton - that man deserves all the relevant awards this year and Emmerdale once again proves it's the best soap on telly these days with episodes and storylines of this caliber. I thought the actors they got in to be doubles for Laurel, Aaron, Doug and Chas did a great job, with the two who played Laurel and Aaron especially nailing the movements and expressions that Charlotte Bellamy and Danny Miller usually make.

Will have to re-watch this episode a couple of times because it was so well done (especially the way the Village and the Woolpack looked from Ashley's perspective)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'm sat here and a recording of tonight's episode was on in the background.

It was brilliantly done and it really shows the illness from the person's perspective and how cruel it is.

Have to say that Ashley's performance was on a par with the performance of Ian Beale(Adam Woodyatt) in the live Eastenders episode.
    John Middleton must surely must win an award

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was so confused when I first saw Doug...thought they'd replaced the actor...it wasn't until the Laurel actress came along that I really understood what was going on. Fantastic stuff from Emmerdale on this storyline - such a pity they throw awful storylines like Paddy/Crazy lady and Moira/Emma and Finn/Kasim in along the way.
    This storyline shows great potential from the writers and shows how well stories can go and be acted out when they are well planned rather than (seemingly) just thrown together to fill up airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CH3OH wrote: »
    I'm sat here and a recording of tonight's episode was on in the background.

It was brilliantly done and it really shows the illness from the person's perspective and how cruel it is.

Have to say that Ashley's performance was on a par with the performance of Ian Beale(Adam Woodyatt) in the live Eastenders episode.
    John Middleton must surely must win an award

It was miles better imho

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

That was brilliantly done. It must be bloody terrifying for dementia sufferers. Heartbreaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

What an episode. I was almost in tears a few times.
    It really highlighted how poor some of the other story lines are tho. How can a soap go from being so poor to so brilliantly fantastic to so poor again every few episodes.
    Well done emmerdale on last night tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

.red. wrote: »
    What an episode. I was almost in tears a few times.
    It really highlighted how poor some of the other story lines are tho. How can a soap go from being so poor to so brilliantly fantastic to so poor again every few episodes.
    Well done emmerdale on last night tho.

Because writing enough material for dozens of characters for over 300 episodes a year is a hugely difficult task?

Every brilliantly fantastic episode is usually a result of months of buildup, some of which inevitably has viewers yelling at their tellies (pointing out the stupid and unrealistic actions of the characters etc...).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Never really thought about dementia before. What a very sad thing to contract. How sad as well for the relations and friends concerned. The way Ashley was looking at his loved ones and seeing other faces was heart breaking. Also the violence that he is dishing out but does not realise he is doing. Thanks so much to emmerdale writers and actors for the best UK soap episodes in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

horsefarm wrote: »
    Only allowed a few weeks it seems

Adam moving out before christmas. Could he not wait 2 weeks?

He had to go to the "Jungle "

Nice to have Jackson mentioned by Aaron, good scene with him and Laurel

• Advertisement

Naughty Moira slept with Pete, 3rd Barton for her

Surely Alicia will return now Jacob is in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Surely Alicia will return now Jacob in hospital

I betchya she doesn't. If he isn't forgotten it'll be "yer mam rang JayKay, she sends 'er love."

The Zak/Lisa/Joanie menage a trois is like the death by a thousand cuts. The cats and the dogs know Zak is going to declare his undying love for Lisa so please put us all out of our misery... soon!

Surely Alicia will return now Jacob in hospital

he didnt last long if she did. sure leyla was in the door almost straight away.

he didnt last long if she did. sure leyla was in the door almost straight away.

They did :confused: as I thought Moira said to Pete why did he sleep with her

Maybe Moira will end up preggers by Pete :p

Emma calling Cain a psycho :rolleyes:

They did :confused: as I thought Moira said to Pete why did he sleep with her

Maybe Moira will end up preggers by Pete :p

Emma calling Cain a psycho :rolleyes:

Yeah Moira asked Pete 'then why sleep with me?' in last nights episode. it must have been the quickest of quickies. Moira was taunting Cain tonight telling him he 'didnt even come close to Pete'. Either she is a blatant liar or it doesnt say much for Cain :P

Moira is some bird though dont care what anyone says :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

how many years now does Zac have that red and yellow Renault van. Everything on set must have changed except that.

Where is Ross and Moses?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Where is Ross and Moses?

It's Christmas Moses is busy.

Yeah Moira asked Pete 'then why sleep with me?' in last nights episode. it must have been the quickest of quickies. Moira was taunting Cain tonight telling him he 'didnt even come close to Pete'. Either she is a blatant liar or it doesnt say much for Cain :P

Moira is some bird though dont care what anyone says :)

Sounds like bigfoot when she gets angry and starts to throw stuff.

how many years now does Zac have that red and yellow Renault van. Everything on set must have changed except that.

TO long.
    It's a Chinese van, it's a
    Cheapntacki Pieceachita if I'm correct .

• Advertisement

Zac two timing Lisa and the other one.
    I thought Zac's penis got ripped off by a fox in the woods or something? He was talking to David about it when he had cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I hope Morie and Cain get back together.

Is Emmerdale on tomorrow?

Is Emmerdale on tomorrow?

Yep for an hour at 7

is emmerdale on tonight? or was it on

is emmerdale on tonight? or was it on

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

No it wasn't on tonight, it's on tomorrow for an hour from 5:45pm. :D

Just after dinner. Lovely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's 5.45 on ITV, but for those of us who only have the option of TV3, it's 7pm followed by Corrie at 8.

Oh and Happy Christmas folks! :D

• Advertisement

Seriously it's amazing the amount of soap kids born on Christmas day :rolleyes:

Advertisement