Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cash_Q wrote: »
    What did they say?

I can't remember Dr. Liam's exact words but something like be careful to David and Tracy

I got the impression that Maya had cheated previously on him too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I can't remember Dr. Liam's exact words but something like be careful to David and Tracy

Yeah there were a few comments at the time David and her got together from both the doctor and Leanna.

Remember when Maya "accidentally" told Jacob about Tracy having a termination? I assumed at the time it was her trying to push Tracy out of their lives and keep her away from David. I wonder now had she her eyes on Jacob from the very start?

Maybe we it all comes out with Jacob other victims will come forward?

Megan really likes to butt in, none of her business

What Matty said to Moira was true

Maybe we it all comes out with Jacob other victims will come forward?

Maya hinted at a broken relationship with her mother a couple of months back around the time it was her birthday if I remember.

I wonder will the mother come into it at some stage? It seems to be a cliche now almost where you have a villain who becomes undone when the mother shows up (for eg Pierce in Emmerdale, Frank in Coronation Street some years back)

• Advertisement

Maya hinted at a broken relationship with her mother a couple of months back around the time it was her birthday if I remember.

I wonder will the mother come into it at some stage? It seems to be a cliche now almost where you have a villain who becomes undone when the mother shows up (for eg Pierce in Emmerdale, Frank in Coronation Street some years back)

I think the point of them mentioning the mother was to show that Maya was lacking in attention to a degree. I read an article about this storyline and it was saying that often in situations like this, where a woman is the predator, it's more about attention or affection than it is about sex. There is often a sexual element too but it's not primarily about that.
    So it could just be a bit of background for her. She could also have been lying completely about her mother just to get a bit of sympathy.

I don't like the idea of Jakey using Liv, he should be honest but he is too far now under Maya's control

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

I think the point of them mentioning the mother was to show that Maya was lacking in attention to a degree. I read an article about this storyline and it was saying that often in situations like this, where a woman is the predator, it's more about attention or affection than it is about sex. There is often a sexual element too but it's not primarily about that.
    So it could just be a bit of background for her. She could also have been lying completely about her mother just to get a bit of sympathy.

I have a feeling she's lying about her mother. I predict the mother will turn up in the village just as the truth is coming out, and she'll make some revelations of her own with regards to Maya.

Tracy and Billy are getting together

• Registered Users Posts: 30,550 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tracy and Billy are getting together

What?
    He's really turning to the devil now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What?
    He's really turning to the devil now!

This is Emmerdale thread?

Billy as in Jessie’s son?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,074 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Daz and Laurel could have been a happy ever after. Why not write a long loving relationship into the script, she needs someone since Ashley died, another real love.
    Pretty stupid she has no one, the whole Bob story was ridiculous

Daz and Laurel could have been a happy ever after. Why not write a long loving relationship into the script, she needs someone since Ashley died, another real love.
    Pretty stupid she has no one, the whole Bob story was ridiculous

Daz was a waster and should never have been inflicted on any of the women of Emmerdale. Laurel needs a story line more than she needs a man.

I'm endlessly amused by the fact that, at the moment, the person in the most stable, long term, loving and healthy relationship...... is Charity Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,550 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    This is Emmerdale thread?

Billy as in Jessie’s son?

I thought I was reading the Coronation Street thread!
    It would have being a mad story if it was Coroantion Street.

Daz was a waster and should never have been inflicted on any of the women of Emmerdale. Laurel needs a story line more than she needs a man.

I'm endlessly amused by the fact that, at the moment, the person in the most stable, long term, loving and healthy relationship...... is Charity Dingle.

Laurel was ruined being paired with Bob so soon after Ashley

She lost the love of her life, let her grieve, she has her family

I agree she needs a storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

That's probably a wig on Bear and the DNA will show Paddy is related to High Chapperal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Is it just me (and it might be because I felt this way about Seb & Faye in Corrie) but do Maya & Jak-eh look very alike???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

How far is Marlons house from the pub? I thought it was in the village, why did Jessie have to drive to the pub? And it seemed to take her ages to get back after she found out April was missing.

I wonder if they are going down the road of Ellis being a nutter and Billy took the rap for his brother for something. Billy stayed very calm when Ellis was having his hissy fit in the jacks in the pub.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    How far is Marlons house from the pub? I thought it was in the village, why did Jessie have to drive to the pub? And it seemed to take her ages to get back after she found out April was missing.

I thought it was in the village :o

• Advertisement

I wonder if they are going down the road of Ellis being a nutter and Billy took the rap for his brother for something. Billy stayed very calm when Ellis was having his hissy fit in the jacks in the pub.

I had thought the same myself. The only thing I will say is that it surely would have come up in conversation by now between the two if this was the case. Ellis has been a complete d1ck to Billy so far.

I remember a similar storyline in Eastenders many years ago where one brother took the rap for the other for a crime and went to prison (Patricks sons) so given soaps track record of copying each other it wouldnt surprise me if this situation was suddenly shoe horned

The bear wolf story is funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I can’t stand Jessie, and her and Marlon together are all sorts of wrong. I was really hoping he’d get rid of her for leaving April.

Ellis to kill Jessie (there hasn't been a matricide story in a few months). Leave Billy there, he's shaping up nicely. (",)

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I can’t stand Jessie, and her and Marlon together are all sorts of wrong. I was really hoping he’d get rid of her for leaving April.

It really is one of the worst relationships. I can't see someone putting up with her **** after 10 years of marriage, never mind 5 minutes of being a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has Marlon ever thought that maybe he should stay single cause clearly being in relationships isn’t working.

I assume they shackled her to Marlon because they wanted to give her a tie to the village but I can't even see why they wanted to make Jessie a regular character when she's not even a good actress! And when she was just popping up every now and then there was nothing at all interesting about her that would make you want to see more of her.

Is Nicola solely taking all the blame and flack from the villagers, does anyone else know Robert was involved besides Graham, Jimmy and Aaron?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It's funny how some characters work. And some don't. Jessie clearly doesn't and it's so obviously she's a passing character. She's never gonna be some kind of stalwart. I dunno of that's how her character is written or that.she's just a bad actress. When I look at.someone like Karen in eastenders ...who came in and found her place and has obvious longevity.

Jessie could have been same....feisty mother with kids with issues ....but she just has no presence . Also Marlon and paddy have more chemistry than Marlon and Jessie.

• Advertisement

Does Megan live and work from Home Farm now?

I cannot wait for Kim's return to slap her silly and kick her out, what a wagon

Ryan is getting worse, he started out well, just keep him as a mate for Dawn

Advertisement