Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

SAMTALK wrote: »
    To see a seemingly intelligent woman with this joke of a man is ridiculous. They are so mis-matched it beyond a joke.

Jake is more mature than David

She’s only with David to be close to Jake though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

To see a seemingly intelligent woman with this joke of a man is ridiculous. They are so mis-matched it beyond a joke.

Jake is more mature than David

Maya's an attention seeker. She's with David because he's a ridiculous soppy romantic and she was eating that up. Now it's more like a cover for what she's doing with Jacob. It's not a relationship you're supposed to be invested in or care about.

Amy, who left her newborn baby in a phone box?

Obviously not saying she's a better option either but she'd have rights as Kyle's mother.
    Personally I think it's a bit like Seb again, stuck between two not great options for who to raise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She’s only with David to be close to Jake though.

But not at the beginning ?

David just seems better suited to some giddy young one not a mature woman.

But not at the beginning ?

David just seems better suited to some giddy young one not a mature woman.

I wonder about the beginning actually. We saw her interact with Jacob back when Tracy was still with David. Soon after she spilt with Dr K and was straight after David. Then there was the thing where she "accidentally" told Jacon about Tracy terminating her pregnancy. At the time it seemed like a genuine mistake, or at worst an attempt to make sure Tracy and David never got back together. But now I wonder was she manipulating Jacob from the start. Removing as many people as possible from his life to isolate and make him more vulnerable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Obviously not saying she's a better option either but she'd have rights as Kyle's mother.
    Personally I think it's a bit like Seb again, stuck between two not great options for who to raise him.

Is Amy on the run, she tried to kidnap Kyle from Joanie?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Isn't she supposed to be living in Ireland somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I wonder about the beginning actually. We saw her interact with Jacob back when Tracy was still with David. Soon after she spilt with Dr K and was straight after David. Then there was the thing where she "accidentally" told Jacon about Tracy terminating her pregnancy. At the time it seemed like a genuine mistake, or at worst an attempt to make sure Tracy and David never got back together. But now I wonder was she manipulating Jacob from the start. Removing as many people as possible from his life to isolate and make him more vulnerable?

Well I hope she gets found out soon and hopefully David can be incriminated in some way and jailed for a while :D

Would also be a bonus is Jess could also be jailed for some connection in the whole thing:D

Well I hope she gets found out soon and hopefully David can be incriminated in some way and jailed for a while :D

Would also be a bonus is Jess could also be jailed for some connection in the whole thing:D

I don't know about jail but David needs a good slap. For whatever reason he's been left in charge of Jacob and has wheeled one woman after another in and out of their home. Sure he had no idea Maya is a perv but if he'd taken more than 2 minutes between breaking up with Tracy and moving Maya in maybe this could have been avoided. I really hope Jacob goes to live with Leyla and Tracy once this all comes out.

As for Jessie, don't get me started! She practically fired Maya for giving Noah a lift and yet walks in on Maya and Jacob in a locked room and doesn't even blink?! Maybe if she spent more time actually in school than in the village she might be more aware of what's going on.

I was under the impression she was but they're bringing her back so who knows.

• Advertisement

I’m starting to get sick of Kerry always at Dan why does he have to do everything why can’t she fixes her own problems

I’m starting to get sick of Kerry always at Dan why does he have to do everything why can’t she fixes her own problems

She is fixing her own problems but he's not even interested in listening to her about them. He's asking her to forget about her grandson so he can have a quiet time at work. He's as bad as Daz in terms of being a useless character. I'm actually looking forward to Kerry having something to do away from him for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ideally Kerry gets done for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ideally Kerry gets done for this.

It would be great if she did would serve her right .

Hope Maya and Jacob storyline ends soon , it's getting more and more uncomfortable viewing , it's so real and frightening imo .

I hope Alicia and Justin return at the end of the Jacob grooming abuse storyline, it's ridiculous that his parents rarely get mentioned and David is "dad"

Cain doesn't even have legal custody of Kyle, does he? Zac does. So if social services start looking into it surely it's Zac they'll be concerned about and there's every possibility that Cain will end up actually getting proper custody of Kyle.

Cain doesn't even have legal custody of Kyle, does he? Zac does. So if social services start looking into it surely it's Zac they'll be concerned about and there's every possibility that Cain will end up actually getting proper custody of Kyle.

Yes Zak as Joanie's husband is his guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

New low. Kissing a school boy after he had vomited on the floor ugh!

Megan's kid is back, why was Frank helping the ungrateful b!atch :mad:

I hope Maya is caught out soon, I wonder will it be Liv, Maya or Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just read an interview and apparently there’s big scenes comin up in April/May which will include a lot of the cast....including Jacob and Maya. Not going to end anytime soon so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I hope Maya is caught out soon, I wonder will it be Liv, Maya or Eric

Or the drone,ala EE

Did Jakey have OCD before, will that be revisited?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can somebody help me out.
    Since Jacob is now 16, what kind of sentence would Maya face if she sleeps with him and it's consensual?
    I do get there is the stuff before hand and she'd be sacked.

Can somebody help me out.
    Since Jacob is now 16, what kind of sentence would Maya face if she sleeps with him and it's consensual?
    I do get there is the stuff before hand and she'd be sacked.

As far as I know there's a section of the law around sexual abuse in the UK that refers to people in a position of trust. This refers to instances where children are in care homes, hospitals, institutes of education etc. In these cases if one person is over 18 and is in a position of trust over the other person, who is under 18, it's still illegal. I don't think consent matters in these cases. Especially when it's such a big age gap. Not sure what the punishment would be, and they might not be able to prove she groomed Jacob, but if it comes out that she slept with him then she could still face charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

New low. Kissing a school boy after he had vomited on the floor ugh!

I said that last night! I hope he had brushed his teeth!

Did Jakey have OCD before, will that be revisited?

I forgot about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Poor Jacob I felt sick as well last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

She really has him on a string.

Maya likes to be the only focus and centre of attention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why would Gabby go to Jacobs party after the way he treated her?

Advertisement