Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Seriously it's amazing the amount of soap kids born on Christmas day :rolleyes:

Haha, I said the same thing earlier too! One of David's kids in Corrie too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Logo

Why does Marlon say that Carly doesn't need to keep up with the Dingles drinking as "it's just the Irish in them"... and she replies that she must've some Irish in her and all...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Logo wrote: »
    Why does Marlon say that Carly doesn't need to keep up with the Dingles as "it's just the Irish in them"... although she replies that she must've some Irish in her and all...:P

We'd all want to put some Irish in her.
    Lisa gets what she wants and then acts likes she doesn't want it. Typical Lisa, so predictable from writers.
    Lisa is type who could have 3 knives in her back, Belle will ask are you ok, she will give the fake smile and say i'm fine, then fall to the ground once Belle leaves the room. Get boring to predict her everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least no Whites of Home Farm family scenes

Robert fitting in well with Dingles :p

Funny though they have a neutral venue and a empty pub, but they all go around to Lisa's.

Funny that Cain does not play the Holly card with Moira and reveal that Holly's last words to him was '' fight for her Cain she still loves you''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

No sign of poor Noah at all; did they even bother to explain his absence?!

No sign of poor Noah at all; did they even bother to explain his absence?!

He was sitting next to Cain at Dingle dinner table

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He was sitting next to Cain at Dingle dinner table

So he was (had to go back and check to confirm!) but not in any of the other scenes involving the Dingle clan, either in the pub or in the house - weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Decided to stay up late and watch me soaps - it's not really xmas day unless I watch them (usually get home from the family a good bit earlier).

Anyway, thought there was some really lovely scenes in tonight and its a nice change when the majority of them are festive and light as opposed to usual Christmas Day Stunts and the like.

That one scene though where it cuts to all the different characters as Last Christmas plays was quite sadder and much more poignant than intended given the news that broke this evening... RIP George Michael

We'd all want to put some Irish in her.
    Lisa gets what she wants and then acts likes she doesn't want it. Typical Lisa, so predictable from writers.
    Lisa is type who could have 3 knives in her back, Belle will ask are you ok, she will give the fake smile and say i'm fine, then fall to the ground once Belle leaves the room. Get boring to predict her everything.

In fairness, Zach had a bit of cheek. He made his bed and should have lay in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think the previous show producer had some cheek with the ridiculous affair and wedding with Joanie in the first place. Glad the show is somewhat realistically trying to redeem the situation somewhat.
    I think it was kind of realistic that Zak with a few beers in him and after spending the Christmas with Lisa and The Dingles and having being getting on with Lisa the last couple of months would end up at her door after being thrown out by Joanie.

He did lay in it with Joanie :P

I think Ashley does remember Nico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That Caravan is fierce handy, I was wondering where Zak would end up sleeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Decided to stay up late and watch me soaps - it's not really xmas day unless I watch them (usually get home from the family a good bit earlier).

Anyway, thought there was some really lovely scenes in tonight and its a nice change when the majority of them are festive and light as opposed to usual Christmas Day Stunts and the like.

That one scene though where it cuts to all the different characters as Last Christmas plays was quite sadder and much more poignant than intended given the news that broke this evening... RIP George Michael

Whats GM got to do with Emmerdale?
    Didn't watch much this week. Thought Ashely was very good, yet again.

Joanie such a drama queen making it all about her again.
    She really is unlikeable .
    Making a scene to get attention by taking Cains kid away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Kerrys compo claim is a joke.

He did lay in it with Joanie :P

I think Ashley does remember Nico

He should have stayed in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

Joanie such a drama queen making it all about her again.
    She really is unlikeable .
    Making a scene to get attention by taking Cains kid away.

Its not Cains kid tho, he has no legal or moral right to see the kid after how hes treated everyone who had anything to do with Kyle. If I was Joanie I'd have had a restraining order against him long ago.

.red. wrote: »
    Its not Cains kid tho, he has no legal or moral right to see the kid after how hes treated everyone who had anything to do with Kyle. If I was Joanie I'd have had a restraining order against him long ago.

But you're not Joanie, presumably you're a real person, whose life isn't written by soap writers, and whose "decisions" aren't made in order to advance a narrative... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

In fairness the fictional character saved his fictional birth son from the fictional burning tent.
    If it wasn't fictional the non fictional Joanne would be pretty vile to take a restraining order out on him.

Also saving the kids life gives him every moral right to redeem himself regarding Kyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

One episode on Thursday at 8:30pm on UTV and TV3.

Kyle is Cain's son with Amy, when Joanie was broke and homeless, Lisa brought her to the village and helped her, Joanie pushed Cain to acknowledge Kyle and have a relationship with him and while Joanie is his legal guardian she was only moving away I think to spite all the Dingles for Zak wanting Lisa more than her

Cain did save Kyle at Debbie's wedding after the helicopter crash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

Kyle is Cain's son with Amy, when Joanie was broke and homeless, Lisa brought her to the village and helped her, Joanie pushed Cain to acknowledge Kyle and have a relationship with him and while Joanie is his legal guardian she was only moving away I think to spite all the Dingles for Zak wanting Lisa more than her

Cain did save Kyle at Debbie's wedding after the helicopter crash

I know its soap land but imagine your son or daughter had adopted kyle, and now due to an accident younwere the child's guardian.
    Cain forced Amy into an abortion, he threatened to kick the crap out of her several times over it. He stuffed her in a car and dragged her to the clinic where she legged it from.
    He threatened to kick the crap out of her after she had the baby in a phone box.
    He forced her to give the baby for adoption.
    He then threatened to kick the crap out of anyone who ever mentioned that the kid was his, including Joanie.
    Saving a young kid from a burning building is something that most people would do.
    Cain doesn't deserve to even be in the same room as kyle, a child who he has no legal or moral right to see.

I know its soap land but imagine your son or daughter had adopted kyle, and now due to an accident younwere the child's guardian.
    Cain forced Amy into an abortion, he threatened to kick the crap out of her several times over it. He stuffed her in a car and dragged her to the clinic where she legged it from.
    He threatened to kick the crap out of her after she had the baby in a phone box.
    He then threatened to kick the crap out of anyone who ever mentioned that the kid was his, including Joanie.
    Saving a young kid from a burning building is something that most people would do.
    Cain doesn't deserve to even be in the same room as kyle, a child who he has no legal or moral right to see.

Joanie can land a punch that Anthony Joshua would be proud of :D He might have had difficulty there

Was there any episode tonight?

fin12 wrote: »
    Was there any episode tonight?

^^^^ go up about 4/5 posts...

Yes Cain was horrible to Amy but Cain didn't want anything to do with Kyle but Joanie and then also Zak and Lisa and Moira pushed him to spend time with Kyle and his paternal feelings kicked in

^^^^ go up about 4/5 posts...

But if u watched the double episode on Tuesday is that one of the episodes they are showing.

No, it's a new episode.

• Advertisement

Anybody that missed it, it is on UTV Ireland at 11pm.

Advertisement