Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

As soaps go I don't find many characters in Emmerdale annoying apart from Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

As soaps go I don't find many characters in Emmerdale annoying apart from Kerry.

Daz ? David ?

2 of the most annoying people I think. Ok we'll throw in Kerry as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Jessie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Big Vern wrote: »
    Jessie

Laurens Dad

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Big Vern wrote: »
    Jessie

Yes. Absolutely the most annoying character they've had for quite some time.
    I find Ryan quite annoying too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Kim poxy Tate. I know I've banged on about the 'Big House' before but what is the story? It's like they've all just walked out of their overactors anonymous meeting to rock up to Home Farm to flounce about being evil. Everyone who has lived in that house in recent memory has been atrocious.

optogirl wrote: »
    Kim poxy Tate. I know I've banged on about the 'Big House' before but what is the story? It's like they've all just walked out of their overactors anonymous meeting to rock up to Home Farm to flounce about being evil. Everyone who has lived in that house in recent memory has been atrocious.

The problem with the big house is that the characters who live there are usually completely isolated from the rest of the village. Works well when they want the characters to be a big bad villain, but also leads to a feeling of their scenes intruding on the rest of the episode, and also puts a time limit on the life of the character.

I think they're making an effort with Kim to get her involved with the rest of the village as quickly as possible and she's probably already interacted with more people than Joe did the entire time he was there. But yeah, Graham is just a boring useless character and I think they've had to rewrite things around him several times now so he's just a mess of a character at this point and nothing be does makes sense.

I think Kim's got great potential though and I'd agree her acting's not great at the moment, but again I think she's better with people who are not Graham and hopefully she just needs to settle into soap acting again. She was literally doing panto for a few months before coming back, maybe she just needs to get it out of her system again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Disagree strongly. She's one of the best supporting characters they have and she works brilliantly with Charity.

Emma (Charity) out acts her at every stage now

I think shoe horning Vanessa in many scenes and storylines is irritating, apparently the actress is dating a producer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emma (Charity) out acts her at every stage now

I think shoe horning Vanessa in many scenes and storylines is irritating, apparently the actress is dating a producer

Again I have to disagree. Emma is constantly given more to do in these scenes. Michelle is having to play a supporting role which isn't that easy to do. Actors often over do it when they're not the focus of a scene, or phone it in entirely and kill the scenes a little. Emma Atkins is undoubtedly a great actress bur I personally think she and Michelle work incredibly well together.

Vanessa is in a relationship with Charity, one that's been very carefully constructed to give Charity a person she trusts completely and feels safe with. Of course she's going to be in scenes with Vanessa on a regular basis. And for what its worth they've barely interacted since they got engaged two months ago. Last night was literally the most screen time they've shared since the engagement episode. And Vanessa has been best friends with Rhona for half their lives, so having her involved there makes perfect sense. I don't see her being shoe horned in anywhere.

The fact Michelle Hardwick is engaged to someone who works behind the scenes is irrelevant.

I know a lot of people are moaning about Kim being rubbish or whatever but what she just pulled on Cain was genius.

• Advertisement

I know a lot of people are moaning about Kim being rubbish or whatever but what she just pulled on Cain was genius.

I kind of like Kim because she has potential to be good. I find that the Dingles are kind of idolised in Emmerdale and need putting in their place at times.

I kind of like Kim because she has potential to be good. I find that the Dingles are kind of idolised in Emmerdale and need putting in their place at times.

Cain certainly does.

I think Kim could be amazing but they need to get rid of Graham. She's being dragged down by him being inserted in everything she's doing. I suppose they need someone for her to interact with but once her son shows up I hope Graham hits the road.

Cain certainly does.

I think Kim could be amazing but they need to get rid of Graham. She's being dragged down by him being inserted in everything she's doing. I suppose they need someone for her to interact with but once her son shows up I hope Graham hits the road.

I don't understand why Graham stays, could he not just go off to be with Joe now or is he "so in love" with Kim

I don't understand why Graham stays, could he not just go off to be with Joe now or is he "so in love" with Kim

I assume when Joe decided he was leaving they had to keep Graham around for Kim's return to have some connection for her there, even if it is a very tenuous one. He really serves no purpose. It says a lot when they have to take Noah out of the child cupboard to give him someone to have scenes with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is Chas really pregnant? There's been no talk of doctors visits or anything which surely there would be after Grace. Just get the feeling there is a twist in there somewhere of a phantom pregnancy or something.

Maya happy out, despicable b*tch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I’m so sick of the whole oh they’re going to get caught, ad break, they don’t get caught. How much longer are they going to drag this out?

Is Jai and Laurel happening, was that "flirting" :D

Just a reminder no Emmerdale tonight!

Just a reminder no Emmerdale tonight!

Or Monday!

• Advertisement

Or Monday!

So no soaps tonight or EastEnders?

No idea about the other soaps. No Emmerdale until Tuesday is all I know.

Eastenders was on BBC 1

Why did David not send Jake to stay with Eric or Leyla?

Eastenders was on BBC 1

Why did David not send Jake to stay with Eric or Leyla?

Because he's as easily manipulated as Jacob is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm guessing that Noah will be the one to twig/find out about Joe being alive which will lead to Cain going "nuts" and Debbie's exit from the series.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I'm guessing that Noah will be the one to twig/find out about Joe being alive which will lead to Cain going "nuts" and Debbie's exit from the series.

I think Kim will reveal it herself. She's enjoying toying with Cain at the moment but it's not going to get her anywhere. Telling Cain she can clear his name completely gives her more power.

McLoughlin wrote: »

I wonder will Debbie leave to find Joe without Jack and Sarah, choose him over her kids?

I wonder will Debbie leave to find Joe without Jack and Sarah, choose him over her kids?

Jack's irrelevant as he's always in the child cupboard but Sarah's an interesting one. She was hell bent on not going to Scotland, but then again she liked Joe. That said.... Will Debbie even want to go be with Joe when she finds out that he did just up and leave her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Jack's irrelevant as he's always in the child cupboard but Sarah's an interesting one. She was hell bent on not going to Scotland, but then again she liked Joe. That said.... Will Debbie even want to go be with Joe when she finds out that he did just up and leave her ?

I really like Sarah. She can stand up to Debbie and calls Cain ‘Grumpy’ instead of Grandad. I think they’re only having Joe alive to cover Charley’s maternity leave. Doubt he’ll come back so imo Debbie will go look for him.

• Advertisement

Debbie kept forgiving Joe no matter what he did, if it wasn't for Graham, Samson and Noah could be dead

I prefer Debbie not unite with Joe, that he stays away partying, letting moany miserable Debbie behind

Advertisement