Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's hard to know who proposes to her , my thinking would be Jacob .

Although I can't see Maya wanting to be with him as he gets older , she'd be off looking for another victim to groom .

I could see it being David and then Jacob can't keep quiet or hide his feelings about it and the truth comes out. Would be an interesting way to go about it, having Jacob be the one to reveal it, rather than someone finding out.

I wonder are the writers hinting at the age difference between him and his girlfriend.

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they brought Maya in over a year ago with the intention of doing this story. And it would have been in the planning and research stages way before that. Would they have even known he had a girlfirend at that point?
    It is rather an odd coincidence though, I'll give you that. I wonder does he ever read his scripts and think, "oh...."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they brought Maya in over a year ago with the intention of doing this story. And it would have been in the planning and research stages way before that. Would they have even known he had a girlfirend at that point?
    It is rather an odd coincidence though, I'll give you that. I wonder does he ever read his scripts and think, "oh...."

I agree they probably not having a dig at them.
    Whilst the girlfriend isn't his teacher. The age difference is large enough seeing they've being going out since he was around 15.
    They must find it odd people commenting on it.
    You never know the writers might be basing it on the story on the Prime Minister of France from what I know he knew he met his wife at secondary school.

I agree they probably not having a dig at them.
    Whilst the girlfriend isn't his teacher. The age difference is large enough seeing they've being going out since he was around 15.
    They must find it odd people commenting on it.
    You never know the writers might be basing it on the story on the Prime Minister of France from what I know he knew he met his wife at secondary school.

What's weird about the actors real life relationship, for me, is they got together when he was 14ish and she was 20. Like... in what capacity is a 20 year old spending enough time with a 14 year old to develop those kinds of feelings? It has to be a weird situation for them now, those articles didn't come right out and say it, but it's clear what they're implying.

What's weird about the actors real life relationship, for me, is they got together when he was 14ish and she was 20. Like... in what capacity is a 20 year old spending enough time with a 14 year old to develop those kinds of feelings? It has to be a weird situation for them now, those articles didn't come right out and say it, but it's clear what they're implying.

I know couple who met when ine was young and the other was much old. Often illegal.
    The generally just met locally or friends older siblings and are still together years later.
    Even people my own age(late twenties) would have went off with much older women when they were teenagers and some are still together.
    They always had issues when people found out about there relationship but they just carried on.

The Jacob story is different though.

• Advertisement

Alicia hasn't been on the show for years

I meant Jacob’s real mother I can’t remember her name

I meant Jacob’s real mother I can’t remember her name

Leyla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I think Vic is raped by a randomer. Billy gets pulled back into this scheme (maybe because his family is threatened or something) with the new guy that showed up and Ellis gets involved and stabbed. I just think there will be a showdown with leyla and maya.

I think Vic is raped by a randomer. Billy gets pulled back into this scheme (maybe because his family is threatened or something) with the new guy that showed up and Ellis gets involved and stabbed. I just think there will be a showdown with leyla and maya.

I think it's a random too, or one of Billy's former mates. The spoilers said "brutally raped" which makes it sound like it's an attack rather than a drunk/consent issue, which is the only way I could see it being Ellis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Because she's a pervert. She's not in love with Jacob. She's got some twisted need for attention and she can't manipulate adult men for it so she goes after children. Even if they did run off together there'd be a point where Jacob would get tired of her, or start thinking for himself, or just have other things to take up his time and attention. She's not going to risk anything for him, or change her life for him.

But that’s not the point I’m making, the relationship is legal only for her being his teacher, she obviously fears losing her job and going to jail so why the f*ck she not doing something about it.

I know they are all perverts but I will never for the life of me understand how these teachers ruin their entire lives, careers, end up jail over having relationships with their students, is it really worth it? Ultimately yes they have these sexual preference but they still don’t have to act on it.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    But that’s not the point I’m making, the relationship is legal only for her being his teacher, she obviously fears losing her job and going to jail so why the f*ck she not doing something about it.

I know they are all perverts but I will never for the life of me understand how these teachers ruin their entire lives, careers, end up jail over having relationships with their students, is it really worth it? Ultimately yes they have these sexual preference but they still don’t have to act on it.

I think that's kind of the point though, they do have to act on it. It's not a case of her developing feelings for a student and then not being able to fight the attraction. It's a compulsion. She's targeted him specifically because she's sick and twisted. There is no logical thinking to be applied to the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

She is a pedophile. No other word for it. Like many paedophiles time is invested in manipulating others as a cover for her intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

What are the odds that Liv's phone will be stolen/broken/go missing over the next while so there will be a question mark over whether the recording survives.

Radio5 wrote: »
    What are the odds that Liv's phone will be stolen/broken/go missing over the next while so there will be a question mark over whether the recording survives.

Did Jacob actually admit to sleeping with Maya on it? I know Liv asked him did he regret it but did he just shake his head or actually say "no"?

I’m a little disgusted with Liv for not telling the police about Maya her Dad was a peado who abused Aaron her brother yet she’s blackmailing her for £5000 instead.

I know she wants the money to give to Aaron and Robert so they can try for a baby but still.....

I’m a little disgusted with Liv for not telling the police about Maya her Dad was a peado who abused Aaron her brother yet she’s blackmailing her for £5000 instead.

I know she wants the money to give to Aaron and Robert so they can try for a baby but still.....

The Dingle moral compass is rubbing off on her.
    If she she heard somebody else was doing this she'd be on her high horse about it.

Give her a minute to process it all. She's still dealing with her own sexuality, was about to compromise herself to keep Jacob interested in her, was spectacularly dumped off the back of that, and then finds out Jacob has been cheating on her all along and using her as a cover. Then Maya comes along and starts trying to manipulate her and telling lies to make her look unstable again. Plus the last time she tried to tell people about Lachlan nobody believed her and they all thought she was drinking again then too.
    The spoilers for this week suggest she struggles with the blackmail anyway, so I think she'll do the right thing in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jacob stealing from Erir? Thats probably Vals ring you daft miserable scrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Jacob actually admit to sleeping with Maya on it? I know Liv asked him did he regret it but did he just shake his head or actually say "no"?

He said Maya loved him more than David etc.,

Liv really should have recorded Maya too

Could Dawn's father or Dawn's baby daddy be the one harrassing Harriet?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He said Maya loved him more than David etc.,

Liv really should have recorded Maya too

Yeah but there's nothing on there that Maya couldn't lie her way out of, and he doesn't actually confirm they've had sex. I have a feeling it won't matter in the long run, but Maya was the one she should have been recording. The things she said would have been hard evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

The buy-a-baby storyline makes me a bit uncomfortable. They're talking about it like they're bidding for it on eBay. They're already raising Liv, isn't that enough?

The buy-a-baby storyline makes me a bit uncomfortable. They're talking about it like they're bidding for it on eBay. They're already raising Liv, isn't that enough?

They're not raising Liv, she's pretty much raised herself. It's not that unreasonable to think that a married couple would want a child of their own. The UK surrogacy process is a bit of an odd one though, you can't actually pay someone to have your baby, so you end up with this weird sort of dance where prospective parents have to woo a willing womb.

See Danny Miller's had a bit of a rant on his Instagram. Having a go at the soap awards for not nominating him, which is really having a go at Emmerdale itself. Apparently had a go at a fan too. No idea if he was being serious or was drunk and thought he was being funny? Apparently there's been a few questionable things from him down through the years. Interesting to see what happens, if anything, especially off the back of them sacking Shila Iqbal off the back of 6 year old tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Did he cry?!

Big Vern wrote: »
    Did he cry?!

Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

See Danny Miller's had a bit of a rant on his Instagram. Having a go at the soap awards for not nominating him, which is really having a go at Emmerdale itself. Apparently had a go at a fan too. No idea if he was being serious or was drunk and thought he was being funny? Apparently there's been a few questionable things from him down through the years. Interesting to see what happens, if anything, especially off the back of them sacking Shila Iqbal off the back of 6 year old tweets.

I think Danny sees himself as Emmerdale royalty, untouchable, the dope

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Danny sees himself as Emmerdale royalty, untouchable, the dope

He does seem like someone with a massive ego. Genuinely can't tell was he having a melt down with this or just thinking he was being hilariously funny with it. But it's Emmerdale who put the names forward for awards long lists, so he's essentially having a pop at his bosses and his co-workers who are nominated there.
    Don't think he'd be any great loss to the show at the moment. He's a good actor but it feels like he can't be arsed lately. And I know it must be frustrating to be one of the back ground characters for a while but that's how a soap works. If you're going to stay on it for 10 years that's just something you'll have to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What part did the girl who got sacked play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Big Vern wrote: »
    Did he cry?!
    Brilliant !

• Advertisement

What part did the girl who got sacked play?

She's Manpreet's daughter. They only brought her back a few weeks ago on a permanent contract but she's out on her ear now.

Advertisement