Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Some calling for Miller to be sacked. Even Robron fans might find it hard to defend him given his language towards a fan of the show. I wouldn't miss him anyway.

Danny Miller could kill a child and the Robron nutters would find a way to defend him.
    I can't see them sacking him for this but he'd probably want to keep his head down for a while.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Robert mixing with other characters, he is really good with Liv

Do you know what, I've actually started to kind of like Robert. Up until now I just found him very bland and boring. Aaron's such a whinge lately that he just kills every scene he's in. So I find Robert much more enjoyable in scenes without him.
    Aaron's doing my head in lately. Like yesterday, having a go at everyone else for scaring Natalie off. They were just doing what he asked, and why did he need them to do that? Couldn't he just have told her Robert was delayed but was in his way and entertain her by himself for half an hour? He wants her to carry his baby but he can't make small talk with her over a cup of tea? Amd always whinging about money too, maybe get a proper job and bring home a decent wage? ( I know the money thing is necessary to highlight the cost of surrogacy and to motivate Liv's blackmail attempt, but still, Aaron just loves a whinge)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

mam of 4 I meant it in a funny way as in keeping on laughing because I didn’t get to see Jacob lick his lips I better tomorrow night lol

Tajd , I never thought I'd see the day that we'd be glued to Emmerdale to see how many times Jacob licks his lips :D

Do you know what, I've actually started to kind of like Robert. Up until now I just found him very bland and boring. Aaron's such a whinge lately that he just kills every scene he's in. So I find Robert much more enjoyable in scenes without him.
    Aaron's doing my head in lately. Like yesterday, having a go at everyone else for scaring Natalie off. They were just doing what he asked, and why did he need them to do that? Couldn't he just have told her Robert was delayed but was in his way and entertain her by himself for half an hour? He wants her to carry his baby but he can't make small talk with her over a cup of tea? Amd always whinging about money too, maybe get a proper job and bring home a decent wage? ( I know the money thing is necessary to highlight the cost of surrogacy and to motivate Liv's blackmail attempt, but still, Aaron just loves a whinge)

Preferred Karl Davies Robert to be honest but then thats because the show was better at the time. Actually dont mind the latest Robert but I think makng him gay was a strange inexplicable move considering he showed no signs over the years

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tajd , I never thought I'd see the day that we'd be glued to Emmerdale to see how many times Jacob licks his lips :D

Ha ha ha everyone else is seeing it but I must of missed it so now I have too see it

FEAR OF MISSING OUT

• Advertisement

Preferred Karl Davies Robert to be honest but then thats because the show was better at the time. Actually dont mind the latest Robert but I think makng him gay was a strange inexplicable move considering he showed no signs over the years

I loved Robert when Karl Davies played him. But I think Karl was a better actor and his version of Robert had a more believable grudge against Andy. This version seemed like a panto villain for a long time.
    I don't remember there being any hints at him being anything but straight before either. I know this version told Aaron something about him having a fling with a farm hand and Jack beating him when he found out, but I don't remember that actually happening. I've seen a few people say they rewrote his history with Jack for this version of Robert. I think anyone who remembers the last version though finds it a bit inconsistent. I certainly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I loved Robert when Karl Davies played him. But I think Karl was a better actor and his version of Robert had a more believable grudge against Andy. This version seemed like a panto villain for a long time.
    I don't remember there being any hints at him being anything but straight before either. I know this version told Aaron something about him having a fling with a farm hand and Jack beating him when he found out, but I don't remember that actually happening. I've seen a few people say they rewrote his history with Jack for this version of Robert. I think anyone who remembers the last version though finds it a bit inconsistent. I certainly do.

I only really know this Robert but I prefer him to Aaron. I think making him gay was an after thought and personally I don't think he's comparable with Aaron.
    Nobody knew about Robert and the farmhand. If If I remember correctly people were annoyed when they portrayed Robert's father in that light when they did that story.

I only really know this Robert but I prefer him to Aaron. I think making him gay was an after thought and personally I don't think he's comparable with Aaron.
    Nobody knew about Robert and the farmhand. If If I remember correctly people were annoyed when they portrayed Robert's father in that light when they did that story.

Yeah, that's what I mean about Jack and rewriting history.
    The old Robert was a bit of a dick but he wasn't evil, as such, and the bad feeling with Andy was motivated by jealousy and the fact that Andy was sort of responsible for the fire that killed Robert's mum and yet Jack still seemed to prefer Andy to Robert. At worst Jack and him just had a rocky relationship and although he did some pretty ****ty things there was some level of likability about him.
    When this new version came back he was 10 times worse than the old Robert ever was and I assume the writers felt they needed to throw something into his back story to try to explain it but, as I said, anyone who had been watching during the previous Robert's era knew that it didn't fit with what they'd actually seen. Having him suddenly be bisexual isn't that big a deal, loads of people don't realise these things until later in life. But rewriting a dead character as a bit of a monster to do it was a bit of a misstep, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Where is Alfie,his apparent suicide and the big bag of cash that nobody is looking for?????

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Where is Alfie,his apparent suicide and the big bag of cash that nobody is looking for?????

eh??? Alfie? wrong soap maybe?

• Advertisement

Your in Yorkshire mate it’s abert square your looking for lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I think it would be nice if Emmerdale made reference to Robert Sugdens real mother and her family there has been feck all mention of the Merrick's since 1989. Maybe he gets back in touch with his sister/brother

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I think it would be nice if Emmerdale made reference to Robert Sugdens real mother and her family there has been feck all mention of the Merrick's since 1989. Maybe he gets back in touch with his sister/brother

Why would he? What motivation would there be for it? Maybe they could get in touch with him, looking for a kidney or something? :D
    I wouldn't mind them giving Robert a story that wasn't ultimately about him and Aaron. He's seriously lacking in depth as a character and 99% of his scenes are with Aaron and/or Liv.
    I assume he'll be more involved with Victoria in the coming weeks, so at least that's a bit of a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturegdar.jpg

Capturetfawk.jpg

Why is Dawn turning on Harriet, seems a huge swing of emotions. What's behind that ultimate betrayal.

Why is Dawn turning on Harriet, seems a huge swing of emotions. What's behind that ultimate betrayal.

Eh.... their entire history? Dawn blames Harriet for her dad going to jail, for her ending up in care, for all the bad things that happened to her after that, for the life she was living etc. etc.

Dawn told Harriet very early on that her dad was dead, so it would appear she's been lying all along and it's not a huge change, it's been the plan all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

DOH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can someone please tell me what happened in Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s episodes, I have no time to watch them before tonight’s.

fin12 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what happened in Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s episodes, I have no time to watch them before tonight’s.

Liv gave Maya to the end of the school holidays to come up with the money but now wants 10k.
    Later she got upset when talking to Gabby and seems to be regretting what she's doing.
    Robert and Aaron were supposed to be meeting a potential surrogate but Robert was delayed coming back from Liverpool with Seb (who is a different baby now) and for some reason Aaron made Faith promise to keep the surrogate in the pub until Robert got back, so Faith and Bear ended up telling her a load of lies about Aaron and Robert to impress her. She found out they were lying and wasn't impressed. Aaron sulked and blamed everyone else for it.
    Matty was preparing for his surgery and Moira was a bit put out by how much he was relying on Victoria instead of her. She went to his pre op with him and ended up embarrassing him and he told her not to come for his actual surgery. Not sure if they made up after that or not?

Think that's about it.

Edit: how could I forget! It's Dawn's dad that's been stalking Harriet and Dawn is in on it with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Liv gave Maya to the end of the school holidays to come up with the money but now wants 10k.
    Later she got upset when talking to Gabby and seems to be regretting what she's doing.
    Robert and Aaron were supposed to be meeting a potential surrogate but Robert was delayed coming back from Liverpool with Seb (who is a different baby now) and for some reason Aaron made Faith promise to keep the surrogate in the pub until Robert got back, so Faith and Bear ended up telling her a load of lies about Aaron and Robert to impress her. She found out they were lying and wasn't impressed. Aaron sulked and blamed everyone else for it.
    Matty was preparing for his surgery and Moira was a bit put out by how much he was relying on Victoria instead of her. She went to his pre op with him and ended up embarrassing him and he told her not to come for his actual surgery. Not sure if they made up after that or not?

Think that's about it.

Edit: how could I forget! It's Dawn's dad that's been stalking Harriet and Dawn is in on it with him.

Thanks , all up to speed now... didn’t Dawn tell Harriett that her dad was dead? I think she did.

fin12 wrote: »
    Thanks , all up to speed now... didn’t Dawn tell Harriett that her dad was dead? I think she did.

She did. So the assumption is this is a long term plan that's been in place pretty much since Dawn bumped into her.

• Advertisement

Ooh , so Moira really is not happy with Mattie having the surgery .

That was quite venomous towards Victoria I thought .

ETA ,
    Does anyone know what Dawns dad was in before , his face looks familiar ?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ooh , so Moira really is not happy with Mattie having the surgery .

That was quite venomous towards Victoria I thought .

ETA ,
    Does anyone know what Dawns dad was in before , his face looks familiar ?

He's been in loads. Last Tango in Halifax. Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes.

Thank you , I was just drawing a blank , couldn't remember :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I forgot they already have a baby in the house, Seb. Feels like they're trying to shoehorn in another 'right on' storyline.

Seb went to live with his mum when she left, they just have some visits with him. I think Seb leaving was what sparked the idea of having a baby together, although I could be wrong.
    Robert was delayed coming back from Liverpool with Seb (who is a different baby now)

Ah no :( I loved the smiley little fella that played him, his hair was amazing!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Ah no :( I loved the smiley little fella that played him, his hair was amazing!

He, was a she!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cain and Rhona did not want to attend Grace's garden opening?

The guy who plays Dawns father (Dean Andrews) is a decent actor. He has a very distinctive voice from ads and i remember him from Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes which was a very well written show plot wise

DS Ray Carling. :) Loved that show. Had everyone glued at the time of airing and gave us the brilliant Gene Hunt (played by Philip Glenister)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cain and Rhona did not want to attend Grace's garden opening?

Cain was planning on going but went to support Moira instead, completely understandable. Rhona, I assume, was working, given Paddy and Vanessa were both at the pub.

• Advertisement

God, I wish they'd pack Dan and Amelia off to live with Daz, such a pair of annoying planks.

Advertisement