Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where was Manpreet's daughter that organised vip club passes, is the actress already fired gone from the show?

Also where did David and Jacob go?

I wanted Priya to take David, Leyla and Tracy to see Maya with Jacob in the old building getting it on

Priya said she was sick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I actually enjoy flashback episodes tbh :o
    You get to see it from each characters perspective . I know , I'm odd ..

I mean yeah they're grand but A) a whole week of them and B) having to wait over a week for them to kick off is overkill...if we get good episodes next week watching Victoria deal with what happened and Priya/Tracy/Leyla dealing with whatever happened etc then fine but some of the night was pointless...Rhona...Bernice and Kerry, Robert and Aaron...though with them you could at least get guilt from not protecting Victoria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I mean yeah they're grand but A) a whole week of them and B) having to wait over a week for them to kick off is overkill...if we get good episodes next week watching Victoria deal with what happened and Priya/Tracy/Leyla dealing with whatever happened etc then fine but some of the night was pointless...Rhona...Bernice and Kerry, Robert and Aaron...though with them you could at least get guilt from not protecting Victoria.

I'm hoping the episodes next week will be good enough to keep us interested too , not just fluffy drag it out scenes .

Am eternally optimistic as I think the show normally does a great job with the suspense !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

GET OUT !???? .....'cmon now folks pleeeeease' ...sound much more amiable! Its actually nostalgically reminding me I'm too old to hear it regularly anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm hoping the episodes next week will be good enough to keep us interested too , not just fluffy drag it out scenes .

Am eternally optimistic as I think the show normally does a great job with the suspense !
    Wolf makes a move on Faith, James Tate arrives, Megan knocks down Pollard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    That gang Priya, Tracey, the one who works with Megan are all horrible b*tches. There’s nothing genuine about any of them.

Your one who works with Megan told some girl not to come into the bathroom, like who da f*ck does she think she is?

Then priya doesnt even say thanks to the Bouncer for finding her wallet and giving it back to her, such a rude b*tch and not too mention that outburst she had on her step sister the last day in the pub.

Really? All the things going on in Emmerdale of late and that's your takeaway? Someone was rude to someone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I loved those nite club scenes! Usually they are so bad with 1only 5 extras and they can hear each other so well. But Enmerdale made a good crack at it.

Delighted to see Maya sweat...i hope they make her suffer. I thought Priya was going to keep it to herself and it was going to be another drawn out thing where Maya slithered out of it.

I loved those nite club scenes! Usually they are so bad with 1only 5 extras and they can hear each other so well. But Enmerdale made a good crack at it.

Delighted to see Maya sweat...i hope they make her suffer. I thought Priya was going to keep it to herself and it was going to be another drawn out thing where Maya slithered out of it.

I was surprised they believed her straight away too. I assume in the flashbacks we'll see more of their conversation before they decide what to do, but they all seemed to be on the same page immediately, that it's abuse and Maya should pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I was surprised they believed her straight away too. I assume in the flashbacks we'll see more of their conversation before they decide what to do, but they all seemed to be on the same page immediately, that it's abuse and Maya should pay for it.

I suppose, why wouldn't they believe her. Doesn't seem like a thing you would make up and she wasn't drinking, so she clearly knew what she seen.

I suppose, why wouldn't they believe her. Doesn't seem like a thing you would make up and she wasn't drinking, so she clearly knew what she seen.

Not so much that they believed her, more that they went straight to let's get her in the car and do bad things to her. But as I said, we'll probably see more of their conversation around it in the flashbacks and I have a funny feeling they've all had a niggling suspicion about Maya but could never quite place what it was. Priya telling them that maybe makes a lot of things they were thinking make sense.

• Advertisement

When she tried to be all smart with Tracey and Tracey said she was the least of her worries...I was so happy :D

I would like it if they got Maya to confess all to Jacob some how. He's never going to believe he was groomed.

There could have been a whole 'you must have seen it wrong' and they go ask Maya and she comes up with another series of lies.

When she tried to be all smart with Tracey and Tracey said she was the least of her worries...I was so happy :D

I would like it if they got Maya to confess all to Jacob some how. He's never going to believe he was groomed.

I think, assuming they haven't killed her, that's going to be a big part of the next stage of the story. Jacob fully believes he's in a consensual relationship .

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where was Manpreet's daughter that organised vip club passes, is the actress already fired gone from the show?

Also where did David and Jacob go?

I wanted Priya to take David, Leyla and Tracy to see Maya with Jacob in the old building getting it on

They said then she was fired her final scenes would air in two weeks, so that's probably her gone.
    They were filming the night club stuff for a couple of weeks so I don't think she was ever actually meant to be on the night out, otherwise she'd be in scenes during the flashbacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,679 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like seeing Vic's phone smashed. It makes it kind of realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Disappointed in the way this is going regarding Maya . I still don't think she's dead , she'll turn up somewhere , and one of the other three will crack and say what happens .

I don't think Priya will cope with keeping quiet , this could trigger her eating disorder again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,679 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Them being in the woods reminded me of the last season of Desperate Housewives when they buried the body in the woods and they were trying to cover it up.

I couldnt care less about Jessie. I take it her calling the police is incremental in it all unravelling but i didnt see the point in her popping up so often

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Maya is going to be like Cameron and come back from the dead to get revenge on everyone.

Billy so stabbed Ellis to frame Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

But if that’s the case wouldn’t he be the first one to call the police? Why doesn’t he want them to be called?

I think you're half right.

Disappointed in the way this is going regarding Maya . I still don't think she's dead , she'll turn up somewhere , and one of the other three will crack and say what happens .

I don't think Priya will cope with keeping quiet , this could trigger her eating disorder again .

I don't think they're playing the "she's dead" angle all that much. The ladies obviously knocked her about a bit and she got hurt but I don't think they're really trying to make us believe she's dead.

I can see Jacob coming back from Portugal and being the one to tell David everything. He'll be too worried about Maya to keep quiet.
    David might get in touch with Maya's mum too, which could be interesting. Maya has painted her as a horrible cow but it could be like when Pierce made everyone believe his mum was horrible to him when really he was abusive to her.

EDIT - What if Jacob isn't even in Portugal?! What if him and Maya have run off somewhere together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

The breast removal scene was really uncomfortable to watch, especially as a lot of children would watch the show. Hope they don't go the whole hog and cover the prosthetic penis implant.

The breast removal scene was really uncomfortable to watch, especially as a lot of children would watch the show. Hope they don't go the whole hog and cover the prosthetic penis implant.

Children shouldn’t be watching soaps in the first place but your ok with with seeing a woman sexually abuse a child

Children shouldn’t be watching soaps in the first place but your ok with with seeing a woman sexually abuse a child

Not to mention three women covering up a murder, a man covering up a stabbing, a young woman probably just been raped, and the 1 minute scene where a guy has some bandages off is uncomfortable for imaginary children. FFS.

Anyway..... I've rethought it and I don't think Billy stabbed Ellis anymore. I think Max did it but then Billy stabbed Max, probably killing him, and that's why he doesn't want the police looking for him.

I really liked that scene. I was really impressed with how they are portraying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

All the murders and sexual assaults in soaps and this is what you're worried about!

• Advertisement

All the murders and sexual assaults in soaps and this is what you're worried about!

giphy.gif

Advertisement