Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Are they deliberately writing Ryan as kind of emotionally manipulative and incapable of taking no for an answer? Or is he just coming across that way?

I don't think Dawn's ever been unclear about what she wants, or doesn't want, from Ryan, and he's been ignoring what she says from day 1.
    He shows up, uninvited, on her day off and sulks until she agrees to have lunch with him. Then she tells him she's got stuff to do and he spends the rest of the day looking for her and again acts like she's done something wrong by not spending time with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Are they deliberately writing Ryan as kind of emotionally manipulative and incapable of taking no for an answer? Or is he just coming across that way?

I don't think Dawn's ever been unclear about what she wants, or doesn't want, from Ryan, and he's been ignoring what she says from day 1.
    He shows up, uninvited, on her day off and sulks until she agrees to have lunch with him. Then she tells him she's got stuff to do and he spends the rest of the day looking for her and again acts like she's done something wrong by not spending time with him?

Exactly what I was thinking. Really gone off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

I thought Paddy was a fish salesman when he first arrived!

Paddy came to Emmerdale as a locum for Zoe Tate.

I’m loving Jamie Tate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I thought Paddy was a fish salesman when he first arrived!

I think you are mixing him up with Simon who dated Nicola

CiPi4TPWUAAfF6B.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

kitten_k wrote: »

CiPi4TPWUAAfF6B.jpg

Thanks, that’s him!

kitten_k wrote: »

CiPi4TPWUAAfF6B.jpg

Oh my God! I remember him. Mad how many characters come and go through the years that you completely forget about until you see a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In regard to Paddy is Mandy returning with his son, he was very like Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    In regard to Paddy is Mandy returning with his son, he was very like Paddy

Is he an “uncle fester” lookalike?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Did James stay with Zoe, she would be his half sister as Frank Tate both their dad

He said Aunt Zoe last night which was confusing as you are right she is his half sister.

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    He said Aunt Zoe last night which was confusing as you are right she is his half sister.

Zoe and Chris hated Kim for letting Frank die, cheating with Dave Glover whom was believed to be James father so why was James with Zoe and also did he know TomJoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,548 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was typing a message tonight and was walking around and I walked into a mini chandelier. I was lucky it didn't go into bits. I felt like Megan.

So some speculation on line is that Maya's body was in the suitcase

I really hope she has not been killed off, I think ostracised and thrown in jail, charged would be better

Why give a storyline the sensitivity and accuracy it deserves when it can be needlessly and rather crassly sensationalised?!

The Emmerdale Producers and Writers are a bunch of b@stards for doing this. They continue to provide the media with blurb of how 'they extensively researched such a topic and worked with such a group'. Baloney

Why give a storyline the sensitivity and accuracy it deserves when it can be needlessly and rather crassly sensationalised?!

The Emmerdale Producers and Writers are a bunch of b@stards for doing this. They continue to provide the media with blurb of how 'they extensively researched such a topic and worked with such a group'. Baloney

Maybe wait and see how it plays out before calling the entire production team bastards.

The media are the ones wildly speculating and saying Maya is dead, and they've latched onto a few people on Twitter mentioning the suitcase to create another wildly speculative article. If anybody is actually paying attention to what's happening on screen they'd know a) she's probably not dead and b) she's 100% not in the suitcase.

Sick of Aaron with the dopey look on his face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I was typing a message tonight and was walking around and I walked into a mini chandelier. I was lucky it didn't go into bits. I felt like Megan.

Where on earth were you FP?! :)

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Where on earth were you FP?! :)

I was at somebodies house and the table was moved and it's positioned very low. I'm not that tall.

Leyla lying she killed Maya to Jacob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I was at somebodies house and the table was moved and it's positioned very low. I'm not that tall.

Chandelier just sounded extremely fancy :p

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Chandelier just sounded extremely fancy :p

Well I'd say it was a cheap one!

• Advertisement

Leyla lying she killed Maya to Jacob?

Has to be.

My theory is still that Maya told Leyla she was pregnant. There's no way Leyla would want Jacob finding that out and being tied to Maya and a baby for the rest of his life. It's the only logical explanation for why she's so adamant nobody else finds out. As far as I can see anyway.

Of course the other option is she thinks she's killed her, or actually has.... but I still don't think they'd do that with a story of this magnitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well I'd say it was a cheap one!

katy-perry-met-gala-2019-camp.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is Maya pregnant, or do you mean that as part of your theory Elmo?

I think she thinks she killed her. They all seem very worried about being caught.

Is Maya pregnant, or do you mean that as part of your theory Elmo?

I think she thinks she killed her. They all seem very worried about being caught.

I don't think she is pregnant, but she might have told Leyla she is in order to get away. She's a master manipulator. Leyla was obviously struggling to control her anger when she found out and from the trailer we can see her being violent with Maya. Maya tells her she's pregnant, knowing it'll be a big enough shock to stop Leyla in her tracks, the though of Jacob having a baby with Maya would probably be enough to make Leyla think the best option is that Maya leaves and never comes back, rather than handing her over to the police. And it's obvious Leyla knows something that Tracy and Priya don't, and she seems happy to let them think she's dead.

I do know
    Maya's alive.

I hope the double flashback episodes are good tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Loving the twist in the Ellis stabbing storyline , totally unexpected .

Does David or Leyla not speak to Alicia that no one knew Jacob was not in Portugal

Victoria knows her attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Does David or Leyla not speak to Alicia that no one knew Jacob was not in Portugal

Victoria knows her attacker

Absolutely stupid to think they wouldn't check in with each other to make sure he got there safe etc .

Re Victoria , it couldn't be Billy could it ?
    (Just trying to guess here tbh )

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

Jacob told David he was in Portugal, and he told Alicia that he didn't leave Emmerdale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

Re Victoria , it couldn't be Billy could it ?
    (Just trying to guess here tbh )

I thought that too

Advertisement