Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BillieT wrote: »
    Jacob told David he was in Portugal, and he told Alicia that he didn't leave Emmerdale

I thought Alicia would be in contact regularly at least with Jacob and Leyla

If the actress playing Alicia will not return then the show should recast and have her return

Did Jacob come in a taxi to collect Maya and take her to a hotel? Where did he get the money to pay?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Thought those two episodes were amazing.

Didn't see the Billy one coming at all, but it gave a bit more depth to his character and I'm glad it wasn't him that stabbed Ellis. Hard to come back from that.

The Maya episode was amazing. I gasped several times and Tracy slapping her was incredible! I was completely wrong about the pregnancy thing though :D

Edit: On Victoria, I'm completely lost. She appears to have made it home safely. There's clearly someone in the house with her, but it doesn't mean it's who attacks her. I genuinely have no theories on this one.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Loving the twist in the Ellis stabbing storyline , totally unexpected .

I did have a feeling the girl could have been a honey trap.

I did have a feeling the girl could have been a honey trap.

I loved that she was actually running the whole thing. The two brothers were just the muscle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Absolutely stupid to think they wouldn't check in with each other to make sure he got there safe etc .

Re Victoria , it couldn't be Billy could it ?
    (Just trying to guess here tbh )

Has to be someone who has a key? Matty? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

We said that last night, could it be Matty!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Trying to remember how Tracey/Leyla and Priya ended up burning Priya's scarf, which she tied on Maya's leg. Did they find in the forest when they were looking for Maya the next day?

Big Vern wrote: »
    Trying to remember how Tracey/Leyla and Priya ended up burning Priya's scarf, which she tied on Maya's leg. Did they find in the forest when they were looking for Maya the next day?

Yeah, they found it in the woods and when Leyla realised Priya had it at home she burned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I reckon it is going to be the new farm hand who Rhona kissed. She probably pushes him away after feeling guilty and then he gets chatting to Victoria. None of the other women(at that point) know that Rhona kissed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I doubt it's Matty tbh .

Don't know why , but can't see it being him .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

gazzer wrote: »
    I reckon it is going to be the new farm hand who Rhona kissed. She probably pushes him away after feeling guilty and then he gets chatting to Victoria. None of the other women(at that point) know that Rhona kissed him.

I thought Kerry saw her, could it not have been one of those random guys they were all chatting to and one of them followed her home?

In the trailer it showed Vic thumbing a taxi on the side of the road. If I has to guess I'd say she got separated from the rest again, we saw Kerry and Bernice leaving together in the original episode.
    Maybe the taxi that stopped had someone in at already. They gave her a lift home and she got in safely but then whoever it was in the taxi followed her in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Not looking back on the thread because Im just watching now and don't want to spoil but I didn't think Maya could get any creepier... Till the hut :eek:

Edit

I'm a little disappointed with that

Not looking back on the thread because Im just watching now and don't want to spoil but I didn't think Maya could get any creepier... Till the hut :eek:

Such a great performance from Louisa Clien. You can see the cogs going in Maya's brain, can she manipulate these people, what's the best way to approach it, singling Priya out as the weak link, and the pure venom when it doesn't work. Brilliant stuff.

Such a great performance from Louisa Clien. You can see the cogs going in Maya's brain, can she manipulate these people, what's the best way to approach it, singling Priya out as the weak link, and the pure venom when it doesn't work. Brilliant stuff.

Walking through the forest no problem on both feet.

But it's not an end. Jacob is still being manipulated and Maya can really paint it like it's a relationship

Walking through the forest no problem on both feet.

But it's not an end. Jacob is still being manipulated and Maya can really paint it like it's a relationship

Don't get the first part of that?

I'm looking forward to it continuing more before the police get involved. Jacob knows Maya is alive so will his conscious get the better of him when he has to watch Leyla thinking she's killed her? I'm assuming the idea of it playing out this way is to allow Jacob to realise himself how Maya has manipulated him. He doesn't see it now, scoffed at it when Leyla said Maya had groomed him.

Don't get the first part of that?

I'm looking forward to it continuing more before the police get involved. Jacob knows Maya is alive so will his conscious get the better of him when he has to watch Leyla thinking she's killed her? I'm assuming the idea of it playing out this way is to allow Jacob to realise himself how Maya has manipulated him. He doesn't see it now, scoffed at it when Leyla said Maya had groomed him.
    Maya... When she was going through the forest after robbing the keys they clearly showed how manipulative she can be because she was walking fine on both feet.

I really wanted an end to it. For Jacob to realise through them talking to him that it was grooming. And for Maya to be gone. Not for them to be living together somewhere and promising to run off together. That's a continuation of it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Was Jacob actually being groomed? He seemed to be the one doing all the chasing iirc.

Was Jacob actually being groomed? He seemed to be the one doing all the chasing iirc.

Yes he was.

She was manipulating him into persuing it so he thinks it was all his idea, and we're seeing that come to fruition now. He's 100% on Maya's side and will probably think Leyla is only saying those things to protect herself for what she did to Maya.
    I know some people have hated this story and thought it went on too long, and yeah, there were a few too many close shaves of them being caught, but now that it's all out in the open I think it's been really well written and paced to perfection. The scene last night where the pennu dropped for Leyla and Tracy with how many times they saw the signs but didn't realise what they meant, was brilliantly done.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed Tracy slapping Maya

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob hurt Leyla or David for Maya, he would do anything for her

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

She was manipulating him into persuing it so he thinks it was all his idea, and we're seeing that come to fruition now. He's 100% on Maya's side and will probably think Leyla is only saying those things to protect herself for what she did to Maya.
    I know some people have hated this story and thought it went on too long, and yeah, there were a few too many close shaves of them being caught, but now that it's all out in the open I think it's been really well written and paced to perfection. The scene last night where the pennu dropped for Leyla and Tracy with how many times they saw the signs but didn't realise what they meant, was brilliantly done.

If I could thank your post twice I would .

It was excellently written and acted out , and if it opens at least one persons eyes as to how abusers Groom vulnerable children , then job well done .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I enjoyed Tracy slapping Maya

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob hurt Leyla or David for Maya, he would do anything for her

At this stage they should nearly just feck off together. Last night was the time to kill her off and put the story out of its misery. He probably is stupid enough to attack David.

I'd say kebab lad rapes Vic

In the trailer it showed Vic thumbing a taxi on the side of the road. If I has to guess I'd say she got separated from the rest again, we saw Kerry and Bernice leaving together in the original episode.
    Maybe the taxi that stopped had someone in at already. They gave her a lift home and she got in safely but then whoever it was in the taxi followed her in.

I'm guessing Vic does not call the police, Robert will want his own justice

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Poor Vic. That was hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Kerry, Bernice, Amy or Rhona at least one of them should have stayed back with her Robert wasn't even in the background, Victoria was drunker than the rest of them Kerry was kinda sober for a change.

123balltv wrote: »
    Kerry, Bernice, Amy or Rhona at least one of them should have stayed back with her Robert wasn't even in the background, Victoria was drunker than the rest of them Kerry was kinda sober for a change.

Yes Amy who she came with should have stayed with her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Emmerdale was brilliant tonight and what I really thought was very good writing was the guy that attacked Victoria, he seemed so lovely, you’d never think he was capable of something like that. The other guy she was with before seemed a lot more pushy. I don’t think for one second until he attacked her that she ever felt threatened by him.

I say the guy is a serial rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I doubt it's Matty tbh .

Don't know why , but can't see it being him .

I know it's a bit late now, but Mattie was never a runner!
    Victoria is stronger, he was post surgery and he ain't got the equipment to carry out a rape...
    Sexual assault yeah, but not rape.

• Advertisement

I loved that she was actually running the whole thing. The two brothers were just the muscle.

Affirmitive action yeah!! :P

Hottest gangland boss in a probably of all time though. If she was the sword, more men would gladly die by it :D

Advertisement