Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I enjoyed tonight's episode .
    Wasn't expecting it to be yer man , sweet and nice , then the flip to raping her . Once again , I think Emmerdale portray these hardhitting storylines brilliantly .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

fin12 wrote: »
    Emmerdale was brilliant tonight and what I really thought was very good writing was the guy that attacked Victoria, he seemed so lovely, you’d never think he was capable of something like that. The other guy she was with before seemed a lot more pushy. I don’t think for one second until he attacked her that she ever felt threatened by him.

I say the guy is a serial rapist.

Totally agree. The whole way through I was thinking this guy must leave and someone else come round. He just seemed far too nice. Scary really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Affirmitive action yeah!! :P

Hottest gangland boss in a probably of all time though. If she was the sword, more men would gladly die by it :D

Hope shes back.

banie01 wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late now, but Mattie was never a runner!
    Victoria is stronger, he was post surgery and he ain't got the equipment to carry out a rape...
    Sexual assault yeah, but not rape.

Lol , I agree with you !
    I never thought it was Matty , that post was in response to someone who thought it could of been him !
    Except I was trying to feed a two month old and post at same time so didn't finish my post properly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I enjoyed tonight's episode .
    Wasn't expecting it to be yer man , sweet and nice , then the flip to raping her . Once again , I think Emmerdale portray these hardhitting storylines brilliantly .

I thought it was going to be someone else until she invited him in, poor thing having to live in her home after the rape there and if she becomes pregnant will she keep it?

I think Amy, Robert and Ellis will feel guilty and want their own revenge justice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

It was in the papers during the week that the actor that plays vics rapist was in prison for two years for supplying the date rape drugs. He spiked his friend with ghb and blamed it on 2 innocent girls, his friend ended up in the hospital.

I'm all for, he did his time etc but they fired yer one a few weeks ago for racist tweets from years ago but then to cast this guy, as a rapist too.... Makes no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It was in the papers during the week that the actor that plays vics rapist was in prison for two years for supplying the date rape drugs. He spiked his friend with ghb and blamed it on 2 innocent girls, his friend ended up in the hospital.

I'm all for, he did his time etc but they fired yer one a few weeks ago for racist tweets from years ago but then to cast this guy, as a rapist too.... Makes no sense!

That really pisses me off. I think she should actually sue Emmerdale, think she would have a good case now after a guy like this gets hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

That really pisses me off. I think she should actually sue Emmerdale, think she would have a good case now after a guy like this gets hired.
    Yeah she should it happened years ago as well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

If I could thank your post twice I would .

It was excellently written and acted out , and if it opens at least one persons eyes as to how abusers Groom vulnerable children , then job well done .

No problem here with how it's written or acted out, or the possibility it may open viewers' eyes. But i want Jacob and David to know what she is and for her to get real come uppence. The witch has absolutely no redeeming qualities. She would worm her way out of anything. Although I could almost feel the slap Tracy gave her... I want it all out in the open now so that the realisation will give her what's coming to her.

I really hope it doesnt end up in an endless he said she said trial!

I wonder did Maya maybe try something on one Leanna's friends or boyfriends in the past, she does like attention

• Advertisement

No problem here with how it's written or acted out, or the possibility it may open viewers' eyes. But i want Jacob and David to know what she is and for her to get real come uppence. The witch has absolutely no redeeming qualities. She would worm her way out of anything. Although I could almost feel the slap Tracy gave her... I want it all out in the open now so that the realisation will give her what's coming to her.

I really hope it doesnt end up in an endless he said she said trial!

100% I agree with you . I think they will follow through with it in a proper manner , not just them running off into the sunset together . She deserves everything that's coming to her , she needs to see her world collapse around her .

Traceys slap , that was one hell of a crack on the face , loved it !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Totally agree. The whole way through I was thinking this guy must leave and someone else come round. He just seemed far too nice. Scary really.

It was well written, I was half expecting the first guy to pop up again and be the attacker. Might be a few complaints for having a sex scene on pre-watershed, but it was sensitively handled.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

No she wouldn't. Massive corporations like ITV don't just fire people on a whim. If she was fired they had grounds to do it. Plus, given the time frame, he was hired before she was fired, so unless they're planning on making him a regular character, it's irrelevant to her case. Plus, she's doing just fine out of it. Her PR people have had her all over daytime TV and the papers. Don't be surprised when she pops up on the next "celebrity" version of some dumb reality show.

It was well written, I was half expecting the first guy to pop up again and be the attacker. Might be a few complaints for having a sex scene on pre-watershed, but it was sensitively handled.

Given how many twists they had in the other 2 episodes I did expect there to be another one tonight. Even when she let him in I thought he would leave and someone else would come in. As soon as he started asking if she lived alone though I knew it was him.

Thought it was well handled too. I'm sure I've seen more graphic scenes on soaps before. People just love to moan. I've seen someone on twitter complaining that their 3 year old was watching!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Vic does not call the police, Robert will want his own justice

I know it's probably in character for Robert to do something like that but it would be great if they wrote it in a way where it doesn't become about Robert's anger, like the rape is something that happened to him, if you know what I mean?

I thought they did a great job with Vanessa helping Charity through the Bails stuff. Bar the incident where she tried to report it and quickly learned her lesson, Vanessa's focus was always on Charity, and what she wanted to do, even if she had to fight against her natural instincts to do that.

I think soaps could do a great job of showing people how to support someone through things like this. Obviously everyone's different and people react differently to horrible things happening to them, but I think soaps always take the rape part seriously and sensitively, but they could often do better at how they handle the people around that person. If that makes sense?

100% I agree with you . I think they will follow through with it in a proper manner , not just them running off into the sunset together . She deserves everything that's coming to her , she needs to see her world collapse around her .

Once it comes out that they've run off, and I assume it will, the police will be onto her immediately. She's broken the law by sleeping with Jacob. Whether they can prove grooming or anything else is irrelevant in that respect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think Amy, Robert and Ellis will feel guilty and want their own revenge justice

She gave up her seat in the taxi for Rhona, right? So, suddenly makes sense why Rhona was out. She'll be involved in the storyline I assume and be guilty that she opened Victoria up to this happening and we'll have to deal with Rhona moaning about it and taking it out on everyone else.

Poor Vic the ending scene was heartbreaking :( hope the bastard gets what’s coming to him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor Vic the ending scene was heartbreaking :( hope the bastard gets what’s coming to him

Men like that need castration. Could use the burdizzo from the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why are these eejits bothering with Jacob hes too dumb to ever understand.

Vic and Moira have been great this episode. THAT is a well told story.

Powerful acting from the cast of Emmerdale

Lelya, Prirya, Tracey & Jacob the grooming storyline, especially Victoria & Moira with rape storyline it’s so sad :(

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Wow.. Jacob can walk fast

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The moral of all this is never go clubbing with people from Emmerdale.

Ah here , where did Tracey and Priya disappear to ?
    Very convenient they vanished so Jacob could make his getaway .

Don't like that bit at all , unless they do go to the police and her face is all over the place as a wanted person .
    Didn't that happen in real life a few years ago with a male teacher and a girl pupil of his ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Far worse things on TV 'before the watershed'.

I think it was the fact of who was cast as the rapist rather then the rape that has angered people. Rightly so.

I thought David was going call the police, was surprised Maya picked up the phone, some brass neck

The Moira Victoria scenes were excellent

I thought David was going call the police, was surprised Maya picked up the phone, some brass neck

The Moira Victoria scenes were excellent

The actress who plays Victoria and Moira should win an award for those scenes

• Advertisement

Far worse things on TV 'before the watershed'.

I’m not posting it cause of what was aired, I’m disgusted that Emmerdale would employ someone like this.

Advertisement