Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    if it’s true, I think she will keep the baby

It's very possible and then
    she may suffer from postnatal depression and she may want to give it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's very possible and then
    she may suffer from postnatal depression and she may want to give it up.

To Robert?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I’m not posting it cause of what was aired, I’m disgusted that Emmerdale would employ someone like this.

Oh sorry didn't click into your actual article you linked, the one I'd read earlier wasn't about him and the complaints on twitter weren't about that. They where about the scene in general.
    Surprised it took that long for people to complain, him being hired was reported a couple of months ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh sorry didn't click into your actual article you linked, the one I'd read earlier wasn't about him and the complaints on twitter weren't about that. They where about the scene in general.
    Surprised it took that long for people to complain, him being hired was reported a couple of months ago.

Is it not the fact that he's playing a rapist that people are complaining?

• Advertisement

Is it not the fact that he's playing a rapist that people are complaining?

The article I read yesterday was about the scenes and the rape being on before the watershed because of the violence on screen and then the noises behind the closed door.
    That article didn't mention anything about the actor at all. Surprised he took the role of a rapist tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Wow.. Jacob can walk fast

When 16 year old kids get into a sulk they storm off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The article I read yesterday was about the scenes and the rape being on before the watershed because of the violence on screen and then the noises behind the closed door.
    That article didn't mention anything about the actor at all. Surprised he took the role of a rapist tbh.

Most of the complaints I've seen have been about the scenes and the time they aired at. Personally I didn't think they were that graphic, and most of the people complaining were saying that their kids were watching. That's a common complaint from people these days, not sure when exactly people started treating soaps as family shows. My mum used to watch Corrie when we were kids but we were never allowed watch it. With DVR and catchup services now there's no reason 5 year olds should be watching soaps in the evenings.

123balltv wrote: »
    When 16 year old kids get into a sulk they storm off.

He opened the door and walked out. 2 seconds later Layla was running to catch him but couldn't he was already sitting on the bus.

I was replying to that part of your post saying you were surprised people were complaining given the actor was cast months ago. We only learned who the rapist was this week. The complaints appear to be centered around the cause of his conviction and how close is role is to it.

• Advertisement

She gave up her seat in the taxi for Rhona, right? So, suddenly makes sense why Rhona was out. She'll be involved in the storyline I assume and be guilty that she opened Victoria up to this happening and we'll have to deal with Rhona moaning about it and taking it out on everyone else.

Rhona was raped in her home by Pierce, it may bond them

I was replying to that part of your post saying you were surprised people were complaining given the actor was cast months ago. We only learned who the rapist was this week. The complaints appear to be centered around the cause of his conviction and how close is role is to it.

Yes and there was articles about him being cast as the rapist weeks ago. Anyway, this is a pointless discussion, I've already explained that my initial response to the daily mail article in the post that I quoted was because I assumed it was a different article.

Yes and there was articles about him being cast as the rapist weeks ago. Anyway, this is a pointless discussion, I've already explained that my initial response to the daily mail article in the post that I quoted was because I assumed it was a different article.

It's a bit rude claiming a discussion pointless, when you've misunderstood my post.

No one knew who raped Victoria until this week. So how could they complain weeks ago about the guy cast to be the rapist?

It's a bit rude claiming a discussion pointless, when you've misunderstood my post.

No one knew who raped Victoria until this week. So how could they complain weeks ago about the guy cast to be the rapist?

Because the papers were reporting as soon as the first clubbing episode aired that he was the rapist.

I think some spoilers about him were leaked

Because the papers were reporting as soon as the first clubbing episode aired that he was the rapist.

Well if it was widely reported fair enough...there was plenty of time for people to complain. But I thought it was all a secret... We were all waiting to see who did it?

Well if it was widely reported fair enough...there was plenty of time for people to complain. But I thought it was all a secret... We were all waiting to see who did it?

Papers always spoil things like that. I'm not even sure we were supposed to know what happened to Victoria before the episode aired but the papers reported it weeks ago.

How much time has passed since the night out that Vic's pregancy revealed, I assumed only a few days

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How much time has passed since the night out that Vic's pregancy revealed, I assumed only a few days

It's been nearly 2 weeks. There was all of last week, which played out at normal pace, then a couple of days this week. Apparently the most sensitive of tests can tell after a couple of days.

I saw someone on Twitter suggest she could be pregnant from when she was seeing Ellis but I can't remember how long ago they broke up.

• Advertisement

It's been nearly 2 weeks. There was all of last week, which played out at normal pace, then a couple of days this week. Apparently the most sensitive of tests can tell after a couple of days.

I saw someone on Twitter suggest she could be pregnant from when she was seeing Ellis but I can't remember how long ago they broke up.

I hope the baby is Ellis poor Victoria

What I see happening is her thinking it’s the rapist baby but agreeing to give the baby to Aaron & Robert to raise and it’s all done legally but then when the baby is born, the baby is half cast and Aaron & Robert are devastated but Ellis & Victoria finally get together and have her happy ever after and hopefully justice also.

Going by soap timeline Victoria baby is due by January any guess it will be born early at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

What I see happening is her thinking it’s the rapist baby but agreeing to give the baby to Aaron & Robert to raise and it’s all done legally but then when the baby is born, the baby is half cast and Aaron & Robert are devastated but Ellis & Victoria finally get together and have her happy ever after and hopefully justice also.

Going by soap timeline Victoria baby is due by January any guess it will be born early at Christmas.

‘Half cast’ surely you mean ‘mixed race’?????

Why would Aaron and Robert want Victoria's baby? They want a child of their own.
    And why would she carry it to full term just to give it to someone else, who lives a few doors down? And have to see it every day of her life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Victoria will keep the baby whether it’s the rapist baby or not.

Adam to return to help her raise it?

Adam to return to help her raise it?

How could Adam return unless Moira confesses the truth? And even then he'd probably still be thrown back in jail for perverting the cause of justice.
    I keep seeing stories about him returning but I can't for the life of me think how they could write it.

His commitment to immersing himself wholly in the role is to be admired...On a more serious note....sick fúck

Robert and Aaron to adopt it?

If Victoria considers keeping the baby I hope she talks to Charity about her experience with Ryan. Two completely different sets of circumstance, but it's rare, I'd imagine, for someone in Victoria's position to have someone on hand who went through something similar and loves her child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

On another note. Ryan chopped off his ponytail IRL... Hope he has a ceremonial bonfire with his baseball cap.

Advertisement