Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

His commitment to immersing himself wholly in the role is to be admired...On a more serious note....sick fúck

Have Emmerdale responded to the criticism anywhere? Assume they're going to go with the 'he did his time' line.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Victoria considers keeping the baby I hope she talks to Charity about her experience with Ryan. Two completely different sets of circumstance, but it's rare, I'd imagine, for someone in Victoria's position to have someone on hand who went through something similar and loves her child.

Charity has the Lisa dying storyline but all as rape victims could be a comfort for Vic to talk to them and Rhona

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Charity has the Lisa dying storyline but all as rape victims could be a comfort for Vic to talk to them and Rhona

Yeah, but none of the rest of them got pregnant and kept the baby. To be fair though Charity didn't really have a choice as she wasn't in a position to have a termination. It probably won't happen because, as you say, Charity's got the Lisa thing happening, but you'd think they'd at least mention Charity/Ryan if there is a conversation about keeping the baby. As I said, it's rare for someone to be in that position and have someone in their social circle who was in a similar one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jacob will have some frown lines when he gets older, that constant confused luck on his face is annoying, his crunched up forehead weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Priya, Layla and what’s her face saying they were not calling the police “for David” was ludicrous. Never mind Jakay being off with a paedo, must make sure David’s okay!

• Advertisement

Where did Robert & Victoria go? What about the case is she not pressing charges or trying to?

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Priya, Layla and what’s her face saying they were not calling the police “for David” was ludicrous. Never mind Jakay being off with a paedo, must make sure David’s okay!

They're not making sure David's okay. They're agreeing to David's plan because he's trying to get Jacob to come home of his own free will, knowing that if they get the police involved while he's still under Maya's control that they'll probably lose him for good.

Where did Robert & Victoria go? What about the case is she not pressing charges or trying to?

The police officer explained what was happening with the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I thought Jacob was going to go home when he went out for the cereal ..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Hes not smart enough. Shes got sick off him it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Ok , so obviously Maya thought so too :p

Wasn't expecting that tbh .

Off to see granny Annie Sugden

I assume the case will still go ahead and they will be back for the trial

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Off to see granny Annie Sugden

I assume the case will still go ahead and they will be back for the trial

Will the CPS even bring it to trial? She destroyed whatever evidence there was, and she admitted to Moira about how it looks when a girl invites a man into her house after a night out.

Will the CPS even bring it to trial? She destroyed whatever evidence there was, and she admitted to Moira about how it looks when a girl invites a man into her house after a night out.

The police officer told her they would build as good a case as they could to hand over to CPS, but it does look like it's essentially her word against his, which the CPS may well not bother with.
    Maybe that's the point with this story, a look at the legal side of it. Everyone knows Victoria was raped, everyone she's told believed her imidiately, but when it comes to the legal process it could be one of the majority of reported rapes that never see charges brought.
    And then there's the pregnancy too. I don't think I've ever seen a post rape pregnancy dealt with in any great depth before. They've done quite a few rape or historic abuse cases over the past few years, with trials and the right outcomes, maybe they're doing to go the other way with this one.

Lee could be a serial rapist, other victims

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Jacob looks like a young oscar Wilde.

I'm guessing Alicia will not be told about Maya, the show should kill her off if not recast

• Registered Users Posts: 30,547 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why would you keep a key under the plant pot of you had a stalker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Harriet and yetr man to reunite and be married by Xmas,with Dawn bridesmaids and her son pageboy,u read it here first:)

Neil Roberts returning as DS Wise

• Advertisement

That coffin scene was hilarious and very anticlimactic after all the build up. Then again I think the revelation that Dawn was in on it is more important as far as Harriet is concerned.

Neil Roberts returning as DS Wise

I think I know why but I hope it’s not to break up paddy and Chaz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I think I know why but I hope it’s not to break up paddy and Chaz

Id say it is more to do with Maya. I imagine David will be calling the police about her pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

gazzer wrote: »
    Id say it is more to do with Maya. I imagine David will be calling the police about her pretty soon.
    She gets arrested next week

It was nice Seth was remembered, Kim is not all bad

I love Kim and how brilliant is Lisa’s acting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

That was nice, can’t stand the pantomime Kim being all smug and gangster. Hopefully she’ll settle and be more human, She’s a good match for Moira and Charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The ending to the Maya storyline is very poor and disappointing, maya just leaves and Jacob comes home, all done off screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Both doubting each other. Maya thought Jacob had abandoned her as the Chippy took to long, and then he came back and she had gone, and now he thinks he abandoned her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

fin12 wrote: »
    The ending to the Maya storyline is very poor and disappointing, maya just leaves and Jacob comes home, all done off screen.

I don't think thats the end of it.

Advertisement