Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I know Finn has been completely OTT with Kasim moving way way too fast but Kasim coming to find his hero saver and then encouraging him has been playing with Finn's strong feelings so he was wrong too imho

Who was Kasim taking to on the phone?

I assumed it was the ex boyfriend ?
    Then again , I really wasn't paying much attention tbh as I think the storylines are a bit meh at the minute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I assumed it was the ex boyfriend ?
    Then again , I really wasn't paying much attention tbh as I think the storylines are a bit meh at the minute :)

His mother surely. He'd said previously that he was estranged from the parents because when he came out his father couldn't handle it. Hence the "can we talk later when he's not there" or words to that effect...

His mother surely. He'd said previously that he was estranged from the parents because when he came out his father couldn't handle it. Hence the "can we talk later when he's not there" or words to that effect...

Thank you for that ! That makes much more sense :o

That'll teach me to pay more attention when it's on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Finally, they are back together...Unless Zak screws it up again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

God they made Lisa out to be an awful eejit there. Him sitting there delighted wi himself, and her making chicken soup for him, wi a burnt hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

La_Gordy wrote: »
    God they made Lisa out to be an awful eejit there. Him sitting there delighted wi himself, and her making chicken soup for him, wi a burnt hand.

Yes she is a fool in love for Zak :rolleyes:

Good to see Ross have scenes with other characters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Omg. He raped her. !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So Rhona was raped by her boyfriend.

Will she ever learn, he is bad news...

RobertKK wrote: »
    So Rhona was raped by her boyfriend.

Will she ever learn, he is bad news...
    I used to like him .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What
    Raped
    She looked like she was wondering what to do for dinner.

I used to like him .

I never liked him . Thought he had a darker side that would emerge over time . think i posted about it , can't remember ha!
    Anyhow , maybe that was why his wife had the affair with Paddy , because of his controlling ways maybe? Who knows..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Has it not been obvious since Day One that Pierce was going to be the new resident psycho, no? I have felt that way since day one with him

Has it not been obvious since Day One that Pierce was going to be the new resident psycho, no? I have felt that way since day one with him

Tbh , now don't faint :D * But I agree with you! Thought the exact same , he was the new baddie , but it would slowly creep into the storyline.

Said in jest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tbh , now don't faint :D * But I agree with you! Thought the exact same , he was the new baddie , but it would slowly creep into the storyline.

Said in jest :)

i thought it was nearly too obvious where this story was going since they first got together.......ie the psycho control freak aspect. There was never any nice qualities about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I never liked him . Thought he had a darker side that would emerge over time . think i posted about it , can't remember ha!
    Anyhow , maybe that was why his wife had the affair with Paddy , because of his controlling ways maybe? Who knows..

Ya I thought the same Mam of 4. Said he was an absolute Pycho.

What
    Raped

She was saying no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She was saying no
    I agree JP Liz V1 - she was saying no and that should be enough. I believe that she will realize that it was rape over the next few days / weeks. We'll have to see how this is handled by the producer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What
    Raped

Did you watch it all? She was saying no and he forced on...aka she didn't consent.
    Hard storyline to deal with - was played out very well tonight. Interesting angle as I'm not sure any programme I've watched has ever dealt with partner rape before.
    Rhona played it out well - not her biggest fan but she's not had great storylines.

Alice1 wrote: »
    I agree JP Liz V1 - she was saying no and that should be enough. I believe that she will realize that it was rape over the next few days / weeks. We'll have to see how this is handled by the producer.

I think the look on her face when he got up and she covered up conveyed that she was raped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Didn't watch tonight, but yes, absolutely. There was a sinister vibe to Pierce from day one, and he showed his really nasty side several times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Rhona mustn't involve the police and just let is go because
    she goes to the Hunk night in The Woolpack and gets up on stage to dance with one of the hunks while Pierce lurks outside watching on.

Photo contains spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Corrie did a partner rape storyline some years ago, with Carla Conor and her then fiance, Frank I think his name was.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Corrie did a partner rape storyline some years ago, with Carla Conor and her then fiance, Frank I think his name was.

But that was an actual violent attack after a breakup i thought similar to the fair city storyline with Lorraine back in the 90s?

This was different in a sense that it was within the bounds of a relationship. She politely declined him and he forced himself on her anyway. Everyone's perception of rape is that its some form of violent attack but its not always the case. Sometimes the victim goes along out of fear.

After the recent scenes with Ashley highlighting dementia. And the horrific rape scene with Rhona last night. I really think that emmerdale deserve es to win the soap of the year award. I usually agree with eastenders winning it. But emmerdale has truly deserved the title this year.

OMG! poor Rhona now we know why Tess went off the deep end

OMG! poor Rhona now we know why Tess went off the deep end

The ironic thing is I think Pierce was normal and if anything, boring, when Tess was married to him. He didnt want kids and there didnt seem to be an indication that Tess was being mistreated in any way, shape or form.

Id say her cheating and her death has tipped him over the edge. Revenge on Paddy seems to be his modus operandi here

I think Tess told Paddy her husband was controlling or something to that effect, I'd say she wanted out and thought Paddy was the answer but he wouldn't commit to her

Jeez Dan and that pathetic inferiority complex. I wish they could just kill him off. Useless character :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

What the hell is Rhona playing at after the other night??
    Kerry looks sooooo much better without all the slap on..

Advertisement