Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sometimes the laughter gets you through the grief , even at inopportune times I can understand the Dingles laughing tbh .

Oh I get that too, of course and that's what Lisa would have wanted. But I also don't think that's a reason to be rude to someone else, everyone grieves different.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh I get that too, of course and that's what Lisa would have wanted. But I also don't think that's a reason to be rude to someone else, everyone grieves different.

Geez no , I didn't mean I agreed with the rudeness , sorry if that's how it looked !

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why are they still tacking on this idiot to an emotional storyline. Just want the Dingle storyline that is actually worthwhile.

It is good that Sam is getting a storyline

I know Lisa wasn't his mother but she helped him through a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

What's the odds on the baby being called Lisa

What's the odds on the baby being called Lisa

It has to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Jamie Tate
    has a wife and child coming into it that locks horns with Kim. Handbags at dawn (not that dawn.)
    Metro.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Ryan is just the worst character they've had in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ryan is just the worst character they've had in quite some time.

It awful tokenism IMO, he is a poor actor and always unconvincing.
    But saying that near automatically makes me an awful bastārd...

banie01 wrote: »
    It awful tokenism IMO, he is a poor actor and always unconvincing.
    But saying that near automatically makes me an awful bastārd...

He was alright at the start but I can't figure out why they made him a regular a character when they appear to have no idea what to do with him. Shoe horning him into the Dawn/Harriet story really drags that one down for me. And he's barely interacted with any of the Dingles even though they're his family. The only one he has scenes with is Charity, and he treats her like dirt.

I think it's great to see an actor with disabilities having a full time role on a soap, and their stories not revolving around their disability all the time, but they just seem to have missed the mark here. And when you see the other great characters they've introduced over the last year, it makes you wonder why they're getting Ryan so wrong. He's coming across as a complete dickhead but I get the feeling that's not their intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Poor Sam :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Poor Sam :-(

Aww I felt so sorry for him. I thought he was sad because he was thinking about how his first wife Alice died in the house but when he said that Lisa wasnt his mum it was heartbreaking

I love Kim. Hope Megan gets sent to jail.

I think Kim needs to lose Graham, he serves no purpose and he drags her down

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I love Kim. Hope Megan gets sent to jail.

Megan.
    Maya.
    Priya.
    Leyla.
    Tracey.
    Liv.

Could all end up their.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Kim needs to lose Graham, he serves no purpose and he drags her down

He was pretty useless even with Joe. His only tie, outside of Kim, is Megan, and she's off soon. Wouldn't be sorry to see the back of Graham too.

British Soap Awards!
    Best Actress
    Lucy Pargeter/Chas Dingle

British Soap Awards!
    Best Actress
    Lucy Pargeter/Chas Dingle

The only proper award they won. Shocking set of winners in some categories, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Jay has the hair painted onto his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jaysus. Is Victoria becoming Victor?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

2 episodes of Emmerdale tomorrow at 7 and 8.

• Advertisement

Channel 5 documentary on this Friday from 8:30pm - 10:30pm about Soap most controversial storylines with interviews from actors from Coronation Street, Emmerdale & EastEnders and how they raise awareness and break taboo’s should be an interesting watch.

I’m just sharing Incase anyone else was interested in watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This brat isnt even David's why is he bothering with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think it is interesting how Emmerdale are dealing with rape where the woman wants to keep the baby, and the language used where people who are born as a result of rape.
    It is a delicate subject.

The soap documentary on Friday at half 8 is 3 hours not 2 hours weird it will clash with Corrie but lol I’m looking forward to watching it

Lisa death was really sad it’s upsetting to see her leave after 23 years. I hate when long term soap characters leave as I’m 31 now and I grew up watching her all my life so it will be strange not to see her on screen anymore. I hope she has a happy retirement she was brilliant on Emmerdale she will be missed.

I’m glad they got remarried and Zak crying felt so genuine and real I bet they were real tears. Zak & Lisa where Emmerdale version of Corrie’s Jack & Vera my only gripe was Zak stupid story when he had an affair with Joanne but they came good in the end.

There was a lot of the Armin Tamsarian thing about Zac reuniting with Lisa. Life just went on and his deceit was all forgotten :rolleyes: Wasnt in line with his character either who should have remained a loyal but flawed character.

Is David the legal parental guardian of Jacob, did he adopt him?

No mention of Alicia or Justin

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think it is interesting how Emmerdale are dealing with rape where the woman wants to keep the baby, and the language used where people who are born as a result of rape.
    It is a delicate subject.

I don't think it's something I've ever seen done on a soap, or any TV show before? Actually, the only thing I remember seeing something even remotely similar on was Happy Valley. Or maybe Eastenders, with Kat and Zoe? But someone actually being pregnant as a result of rape? Don't think I've seen it.

Assuming Victoria sticks to her decision it'll be interesting to see it play out in the long term. Soap is a great format for really delving into something like this over a long period of time. And even if she changes her mind it still allows a conversation around the issue.

I don't think it's something I've ever seen done on a soap, or any TV show before? Actually, the only thing I remember seeing something even remotely similar on was Happy Valley. Or maybe Eastenders, with Kat and Zoe? But someone actually being pregnant as a result of rape? Don't think I've seen it.

Assuming Victoria sticks to her decision it'll be interesting to see it play out in the long term. Soap is a great format for really delving into something like this over a long period of time. And even if she changes her mind it still allows a conversation around the issue.

I think she might go ahead with the pregnancy.
    Have the baby and then have regrets.
    Possibly offer it to Adam/Robert and she'd back out of that also.

I think she might go ahead with the pregnancy.
    Have the baby and then have regrets.
    Possibly offer it to Adam/Robert and she'd back out of that also.

I think the scene between Aaron and Robert tonight was the writers drawing a definitive line through that idea. Robert wants nothing to do with this baby, there's no way he ends up raising it. They've also spent quite a few months focusing on Aaron's need to have a child of their own. Taking Victoria's baby would be no different from the situation with Seb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I think they did it on eastenders... With one of the Slater girls, I can't remember her name. She was married to Billy. Mo or something? That said I think she insisted on keeping it, there was a bit of back and forth with Billy and I think she left then. So I don't think they covered the entire pregnancy?

Advertisement