Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't like or trust Jamie's missus Andrea

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Wait... Does Maya genuinely have feelings for Jacob!

Oh wait... Maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know it wasn't a soap.
    I saw a few episodes of the first season of Desperate Housewives.
    Gabby was sleeping with her teenage gardener John. They started doing it when he was 16 below the age of consent.
    From what I remember there was no real talk about her being evil/wicked or John being taken advantage off.
    His mother was annoyed but his father's reaction was I wish I had his confidence growing up.
    She was also a person of authority as his employer.

I wonder if it aired now what the reaction be?

I could be wrong, but I think that was why Emmerdale chose a boy and an older woman. To break the 'go on ya boyo' mentality.

Having said that, I don't remember the Desperate Housewives storyline that well. I did t remember/realise he was 16 :eek:

I know it wasn't a soap.
    I saw a few episodes of the first season of Desperate Housewives.
    Gabby was sleeping with her teenage gardener John. They started doing it when he was 16 below the age of consent.
    From what I remember there was no real talk about her being evil/wicked or John being taken advantage off.
    His mother was annoyed but his father's reaction was I wish I had his confidence growing up.
    She was also a person of authority as his employer.

I wonder if it aired now what the reaction be?

Gabrielle and John looked the same age in Desperate Housewives, it was not taboo back then and I think many envied one of them

• Advertisement

I could be wrong, but I think that was why Emmerdale chose a boy and an older woman. To break the 'go on ya boyo' mentality.

Having said that, I don't remember the Desperate Housewives storyline that well. I did t remember/realise he was 16 :eek:
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gabrielle and John looked the same age in Desperate Housewives, it was not taboo back then and I think many envied one of them

You correct they are doing the story to show a woman taking advantage off teenage boy.
    Yes, it's just interesting how it was portrayed then compared to now and it's not that long ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

You correct they are doing the story to show a woman taking advantage off teenage boy.
    Yes, it's just interesting how it was portrayed then compared to now and it's not that long ago.

According to the characters pages on Wikipedia, John was 17 at the start of Desperate Housewives. So of legal age, and it was consensual. Still questionable and would probably get a completely different reaction now, but its not in the same vein as Jacob/Maya.

According to the characters pages on Wikipedia, John was 17 at the start of Desperate Housewives. So of legal age, and it was consensual. Still questionable and would probably get a completely different reaction now, but its not in the same vein as Jacob/Maya.

It was said in a episode he was 16 when it began. I saw it Yesterday. John mother said Gabby was rapist.(I can't think of the exact word).
    The police came to arrest Carlos and Gabby was afraid they were there for her.

Oh I hope David and Layla arent getting back together

I think Andrea is after Kim's money and estate

That was sad Lisa's funeral, what is Lydia hiding?

I wonder did Dr. Liam kill his wife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What's Kim's problem with the age difference between her son and his wife?. They both look around the same age to me. Is the child definitely his?

What's Kim's problem with the age difference between her son and his wife?. They both look around the same age to me. Is the child definitely his?

I just read a headline but it said that Andrea might have had a relationship with
    Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Belle needs to stick to her day job, she's no poet

Something I want to say
    Lisa I'll miss you every day
    North south east and west
    Lisa you are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

David really is so pathetic, he can’t stay single for five minuets.

I just read a headline but it said that Andrea might have had a relationship with
    Graham.

Might explain why Jamie dislikes him

Might explain why Jamie dislikes him

I don't think Jamie knows about whatever connection Graham and Andrea have. But it was obvious from Kim first tracked Jamie down that Graham didn't want him back in Kim's life. Graham is a pretty useless character so if whatever it is makes him even vaguely interesting then I'm all for it.

Lisa's letter to Sam especially was lovely

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

fin12 wrote: »
    David really is so pathetic, he can’t stay single for five minuets.

Emmerdale writers must hate that he and Debbie don't want to work together because they'd be a perfect match of serial marriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The writers make David look like the biggest tool is all of the Soaps. He really is portrayed as a complete clueless moron. No matter what's going on its '' poor me '' .

Again it is silly that Alicia and Justin are not even mentioned as Jacob's "parents" now Eric is taking him in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I wonder did Dr. Liam kill his wife

I'm guessing some sort of mercy killing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

David is like Mercedes in Hollyoaks. Cant be single for more than a minute. I loved when Andrea said that Granny Tate sounded like an apple. Was so funny.

The writers make David look like the biggest tool is all of the Soaps. He really is portrayed as a complete clueless moron. No matter what's going on its '' poor me '' .

I think that's the point, maybe? Like Maya knew what she was doing when she targeted Jacob. He's got a "father" who can't stay single for more than 5 minutes and when he is with someone he becomes completely obsessed until he gets a whiff of someone else. And Eric was right about Leyla too. Up until now she's only a mother to Jacob when it suits her, he's had a different mother figure every time David gets the urge to have a new woman. I don't question that they all love Jacob and are now trying to do what's best for him, but Maya saw an opportunity there and exploited it. It didn't even require much imagination on her part when it came to manipulating Jacob, all the things she's got him saying are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Lisa's letter to Sam especially was lovely

Yes, it was. I haven't watched in the longest time and just happened to watch last night. Her letter to Chas also was so sad and lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

It seems Graham has history with Andrea afterall. He is set to confront her for being at Home Farm.
    Metro.
    Doesn't say just what that is though

I'm so sick of David!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

In the real world it would be hilarious that a stately home like Home Farm would have a pool table situated 3 feet from the front door. Cause that's the obvious place for it like.

Did Maya attack herself?

David is now the baddie, what a tool
    Tina Dingle is returning, recast with a family

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Did Maya attack herself?

David is now the baddie, what a tool
    Tina Dingle is returning, recast with a family

Interesting. Where did you find out about that?

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    Interesting. Where did you find out about that?

On another soap board forum

Advertisement