Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If only Mya was innocent she might have took Jakey with her and his lovesick shíte.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

pjohnson wrote: »
    If only Mya was innocent she might have took Jakey with her and his lovesick shíte.

While I appreciate what they're doing with this story and the time and effort that's gone into it, I do feel like Jacob is the weak link. The acting isn't up to much and once the secret came out he's been really unbearable, even if it's understandable, he's just not coming across very sympathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

What's up with Nate? Creepy vibe coming off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

Jacob just got a shed load of Botox in the forehead.

What's up with Nate? Creepy vibe coming off him.

Him and Moria are gonna get it on, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Him and Moria are gonna get it on, apparently.

She'd cheat on Cain with him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

While I appreciate what they're doing with this story and the time and effort that's gone into it, I do feel like Jacob is the weak link. The acting isn't up to much and once the secret came out he's been really unbearable, even if it's understandable, he's just not coming across very sympathetic.

A 10,000 year old skeleton could act better than him, he's bloody awful. Every time he opens his mouth all I hear is 'whinge whinge whinge'.

Alicia couldn't even come over from Portugal for the trial, not even mention of her :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Good for her, I say. Cain's a thug who treats her like dirt 90% of the time.

The David actor isn't great either

• Advertisement

The David actor isn't great either

He's been good at times during the fallout of this particularly when he's angry at Jacob, but I feel like the women have carried this. The flashback from the night out was a brilliant bit of TV and even Liv's minor involvement was better than anything Jacob's done.

Did Liam and Leanna give Maya glowing references, what did the judge say?

I thought Liv would feature some more in this storyline

I don’t see why every girl is hot Nate I don’t see the attraction

Did Liam and Leanna give Maya glowing references, what did the judge say?

I thought Liv would feature some more in this storyline

The maximum sentence she could have got was 2 years. She got one, with 6 months suspended because of her guilty plea.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I only watched there.
    I have to say I loved Jacob punching David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I can't understand if the writers are trying to make Cain out to be unreasonable at being upset that his son ended up in a life threatening situation and then in hospital while everyone tried to keep it a secret. Surely any parent would be going mental.

I can't understand if the writers are trying to make Cain out to be unreasonable at being upset that his son ended up in a life threatening situation and then in hospital while everyone tried to keep it a secret. Surely any parent would be going mental.

I think it's just another thing to add to the strife between Moira and Cain. It's been building for a while. He was treating her like dirt when she wasn't at his beck and call after Victoria was raped. He was more concerned about Harriet than he has been about his own family for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

It’s crazy, them trying to keep it secret and making the young lad lie. Imagine the uproar if it had been men trying to keep the it from the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If Jakey's a man just fúck him outta thw house and try to survive by himself. His floppy hair wont rear him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

If Maya really does love Jacob, what's the difference between Maya and Jacob and Martin and Katy in Corrie? Is it because Jacob was 15 when it started and she was 16?

• Advertisement

If Maya really does love Jacob, what's the difference between Maya and Jacob and Martin and Katy in Corrie? Is it because Jacob was 15 when it started and she was 16?

She's his teacher, which puts age of consent at 18. Also she's been grooming him. From what I remember of that Corrie story it was consensual on Katy's part.

She's his teacher, which puts age of consent at 18. Also she's been grooming him. From what I remember of that Corrie story it was consensual on Katy's part.

Both characters are the same age. Both were in consenting relationships. I thought the story line was supposed to be that Maya was grooming him because she preferred teenagers. But it doesn't seem that's it?

Edit.. Unless of course this whole love thing is an act to keep Jacob quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Both characters are the same age. Both were in consenting relationships. I thought the story line was supposed to be that Maya was grooming him because she preferred teenagers. But it doesn't seem that's it?

It’s because she was his teacher. If she was never his teacher and they started a sexual relationship when he was 16, it would be legal.

She was grooming him. Everything she's said since they were caught has been to keep him on side so he'd keep quiet about them sleeping together.

She was grooming him. Everything she's said since they were caught has been to keep him on side so he'd keep quiet about them sleeping together.

See the editted part of my post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Jessie is horrified when she is told that
    the bones of a baby have been recovered at the school and as the police launch an investigation, the lead officer identifies who is most likely to be the child’s mother.

The mum is believed to be a 16 year old called Jenny Finn. When we get to see a photo of this girl, she'll look like one of the villagers.

Metro.

2 episodes tonight 7 and 8.

the bones of a baby have been recovered at the school and as the police launch an investigation, the lead officer identifies who is most likely to be the child’s mother.

The mum is believed to be a 16 year old called Jenny Finn. When we get to see a photo of this girl, she'll look like one of the villagers.

Metro.

See I’m annoyed here why Jesse wasn’t involved in Maya story at all she didn’t even mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Metro.

They did a very similar story in Waterloo Road a few years ago!

They did a very similar story in Waterloo Road a few years ago!

Graham Norton's first book had a similar plot too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Well that siege thing was terribly done.

Advertisement