Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Nate's obviously got a vendetta against Cain. Not sure what the history is there but I am loving it!

Nate's obviously got a vendetta against Cain. Not sure what the history is there but I am loving it!

Secret son probably

Secret son probably

I thought that ages ago too. Especially as Debbie was the only woman he met that he didn't try to sleep with.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He hatred of Cain and bad streak kicked in when Moira started checking him out and him her, what was he telling Pete about Rhona, he'd never make a move on someone else's lady :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Poor Priya, eating disorders are such a horrible illness. Relapses are very common unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I thought that ages ago too. Especially as Debbie was the only woman he met that he didn't try to sleep with.

Did he not also try her when she got his caravan on the farm?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did he not also try her when she got his caravan on the farm?

Don't think so. He was being a bit flirty, I think, until Cain arrived and they made a point of mentioning Debbie was his daughter.

Nate is the first person in along time not to be scared of Cain

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Fair play folks, if it turns out to be true - well spotted. It seems very likely

Nate is the first person in along time not to be scared of Cain

Cain's a bit pathetic really. His big "fight" with Graham a few months ago was hilariously bad. They were just rolling around with each other, it was like watching Bridget Jones' Diary.
    He's pretty good at intimidating women but it's been a while since he's actually been a threat to any of the male characters. I reckon Will would have knocked him out in the garage too if Harriet hadn't been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have to say I'm interested in none of the stories at the moment. Even tough they are trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I have to say I'm interested in none of the stories at the moment. Even tough they are trying.

Same goes for all the soaps for me at the moment. I mostly know what's going on from reading threads on here, I keep missing episodes of everything and I'm not overly attentive or interested when I do catch any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Same goes for all the soaps for me at the moment. I mostly know what's going on from reading threads on here, I keep missing episodes of everything and I'm not overly attentive or interested when I do catch any of them

I watched about ten episodes of Emmerdale last night in less than hour.
    Basically Roberts is going after that guy.
    Lydia and Sam will make up again.
    David and Jacob will grow closer together.

I don’t really understand the Lydia storyline, can anyone remember when Lydia arrived in Emmerdale and what was the reason?

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t really understand the Lydia storyline, can anyone remember when Lydia arrived in Emmerdale and what was the reason?

I think as a cleaner with an injured animal to the vet clinic, then she lived with Laurel

The promo for the upcoming storylines they released today looks good. The cowboy stuff looks a little silly but the other stuff, the fire and Lee showing up again looks good.

I think as a cleaner with an injured animal to the vet clinic, then she lived with Laurel

Ya but why come back to the village where she buried her baby...I think the writers have just made up this story in recent times.

Ya but why come back to the village where she buried her baby...I think the writers have just made up this story in recent times.

That's usually how writing works. They make stories up.

(The baby is buried in Hotton, not Emmerdale)

That's usually how writing works. They make stories up.

(The baby is buried in Hotton, not Emmerdale)

Sorry no need to be smart. Well it’s Hutton school where all the kids in the village go to so can’t be that far away.

Sorry no need to be smart. Well it’s Hutton school where all the kids in the village go to so can’t be that far away.

Hotton is the nearest big town. The kids all get the bus to school so it's not within a short walking distance. 7 miles springs to mind.

• Advertisement

Hotton is the nearest big town. The kids all get the bus to school so it's not within a short walking distance. 7 miles springs to mind.

I never said anything about it being in short walking distance. 7 miles is no distance between places, ud drive that in 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The bus is pretty regular anyway. Sure they often remain at the bus stop to have a conversation, even though the bus pulls up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

And it was close enough when Jacob regularly went home for lunch.

I never said anything about it being in short walking distance. 7 miles is no distance between places, ud drive that in 20 mins.

You said why would she come back to the village she buried her baby in. I was simply pointing out that she didn't.

You said why would she come back to the village she buried her baby in. I was simply pointing out that she didn't.

So the fact that her partners son has been going there all along, this never stirred up any emotions in her about her buried baby.

So the fact that her partners son has been going there all along, this never stirred up any emotions in her about her buried baby.

She's been keeping it secret for however many years. It's not that big a leap to assume she's learned how to keep it together enough to not fall apart every time she hears the school mentioned, or sees a kid in a uniform. They've been hinting at Lydia having a secret for months now, it's not come completely out of the blue this week.

She's been keeping it secret for however many years. It's not that big a leap to assume she's learned how to keep it together enough to not fall apart every time she hears the school mentioned, or sees a kid in a uniform. They've been hinting at Lydia having a secret for months now, it's not come completely out of the blue this week.

She’s been in the show years. It was the same with Aaron and his father abusing him, came out of the blue.

When they introduced this characters, this wouldn’t have been their back story just they decided in recent times and in doing so have done a poor job.

Did Vanessa just go behind the bar and pull her own flat pint?

• Advertisement

Did Vanessa just go behind the bar and pull her own flat pint?

She lives in the pub, it comes with perks.

Advertisement