Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    She’s been in the show years. It was the same with Aaron and his father abusing him, came out of the blue.

When they introduced this characters, this wouldn’t have been their back story just they decided in recent times and in doing so have done a poor job.

As I said, they've been hinting at Lydia keeping a secret for months now. It probably wasn't in her backstory when she first showed up but it hasn't come out of the blue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Yeah pretty much. She’s a barmaid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

As I said, they've been hinting at Lydia keeping a secret for months now. It probably wasn't in her backstory when she first showed up but it hasn't come out of the blue either.

Ya and as I’ve said I don’t find the story believable that she can be so close to her dead baby having constant reminders of the school for years, I think she might have even cleaned up there and only when it’s body is discovered it’s affecting. The baby will probably never be mentioned again in a few weeks.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya and as I’ve said I don’t find the story believable that she can be so close to her dead baby having constant reminders of the school for years, I think she might have even cleaned up there and only when it’s body is discovered it’s affecting. The baby will probably never be mentioned again in a few weeks.

I don't know why you find it so unbelievable. She buried the secret when she changed her name. She's kept it locked away inside for all that time. The baby being found and her picture being splashed all over the papers forced her to deal with it. People repress things all the time.

Your problem here isn't even the most noteworthy issue with this story. The police publically naming someone they wanted to speak to regarding a very sensitive case is highly questionable. The baby was supposed to be found when building works were going on at the school but it was very clearly under a tree where no building works were happening. There wasn't even a hint of a shovel around that spot, never mind builders. They also very quickly brushed over the fact that Lydia inherited money from a distant relative a few years ago, how did she do that if she isn't Lydia Hart?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Charity, will Rhona want Vanessa now?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Charity, will Rhona want Vanessa now?

Ha! She had her chance and she blew it. Although its's been that long since Charity and Vanessa were on screen together that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's forgotten they're a couple. Maybe Rhona stands a chance.

Charity and Vanessa have some "big scenes" coming up apparently. Assume it's to do with the factory fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ha! She had her chance and she blew it. Although its's been that long since Charity and Vanessa were on screen together that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's forgotten they're a couple. Maybe Rhona stands a chance.

Charity and Vanessa have some "big scenes" coming up apparently. Assume it's to do with the factory fire.
    What factory fire? I must have missed that

Vanessa seems to be in the bar more than Charity.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Amy and Kerry cause a fire at the sweet factory with Tracey caught inside

Alice1 wrote: »

The chocolate factory burns down at the end of the month. Kerry and Amy accidentally start a fire, Tracy is trapped inside, Frank is there too, it explodes, somebody dies. I'm assuming Frank, but possible it's Tracy too.
    It was all in the trailer they released the other day.... https://twitter.com/emmerdale/status/1150724846730584064?s=19

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Vanessa seems to be in the bar more than Charity.

Vanessa hadn't been seen for 4 weeks before this week, and now Charity is missing. You'd think they'd make their couples take their holidays at the same time :D

The chocolate factory burns down at the end of the month. Kerry and Amy accidentally start a fire, Tracy is trapped inside, Frank is there too, it explodes, somebody dies. I'm assuming Frank, but possible it's Tracy too.
    It was all in the trailer they released the other day.... https://twitter.com/emmerdale/status/1150724846730584064?s=19

Frank dies :( FFS why can't they kill off Rishi, Doug, Brenda, Ryan, Pete, David, Kerry, Vanessa, Nate or Megan instead

Vanessa’s real life girlfriend is the producer of the show so maybe they went away together instead :)

Edit. No chance of them killing off Vanessa so.

Edit. No chance of them killing off Vanessa so.

With respect, Don't be a dick.

Frank dies :( FFS why can't they kill off Rishi, Doug, Brenda, Ryan, Pete, David, Kerry, Vanessa, Nate or Megan instead

I don't know for sure, but it seems to be the general consensus that its Frank. Megan is leaving anyway so at least you'll get one off your list.

Tickle me, I wasn’t suggesting killing that character off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

With respect, Don't be a dick.

Bit OTT

Bit OTT

Not really. It was probably intended as a joke but if you saw the amount of disgusting and disrespectful **** that gets thrown at Michelle Hardwick and her fiancée on social media, genuinely accusing them of that and worse, you might feel the same as me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Not really. It was probably intended as a joke but if you saw the amount of disgusting and disrespectful **** that gets thrown at Michelle Hardwick and her fiancée on social media, genuinely accusing them of that and worse, you might feel the same as me.

Not the take I took on the post at all. Perhaps your reading of stuff elsewhere encouraged you to read something here in the wrong way.

We all have different characters and storylines we don't like.

I have never said anything inappropriate about the couple and their relationship ever, here or on other social media. And I certainly should have not been called that word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

genuinely accusing them of what?

optogirl wrote: »
    genuinely accusing them of what?

The post points out that Michelle Hardwick's girlfriend is a producer on the show, then says there's no chance of Vanessa being killed off so.
    Not sure what other point that was making? Maybe I have read into it based on the other stuff I've seen, but again, not sure what point the post was making?

I have never said anything inappropriate about the couple and their relationship ever, here or on other social media. And I certainly should have not been called that word.

I didn't call you that, I said don't be a that. If you genuinely weren't implying that with your post then you're not a that.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

This whole killer doc farce must be just the calm before the storm. A "comic" distraction before the "big story" coming up.

This whole killer doc farce must be just the calm before the storm. A "comic" distraction before the "big story" coming up.

The cowboy stuff in the trailer is a direct result of this Bernice/Liam stuff, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Who was Robert Sugden's mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I think the vast majority of us know you meant no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Radio5 wrote: »
    Who was Robert Sugden's mother?

Her name was Pat. She died when Robert was 4 months old by swerving her car to avoid sheep and driving off a hill.

Nate is pretty determined to ruin Cain, must be more to it than lust after Moira

• Advertisement

Nate is pretty determined to ruin Cain, must be more to it than lust after Moira

I have seen zero lust from Nate from the start, to be honest. He's been determined to seduce her but it never read like he was all that into her, to be honest.

Advertisement