Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't get her cheating on John (good husband and father, easy on the eyes) and don't get her cheating on Cain now either, Moira likes attention or is a sex addict nympho, anyway think the character is ruined, bang her up for killing Emma

Not sure about the first time she cheated on John but when she cheated on him with Cain he was paying more attention to his new business than to her and was cutting her out of that too.
    It's been the same with Cain this year. She supported him through the Joe stuff, when he put their entire family life at risk, she held him together, didn't react to him trying to sleep with Charity, stuck by him and they came out the other side and he immediately starts ignoring her, takes off to Scotland without telling her, keeping secrets for other people from her etc. etc.
    Nate, whatever his motivations are, could see all that and gave her the emotional attention she wasn't getting from Cain.
    That's not to say her reasoning is justifiable or it makes the affair ok. I just don't think it's as out of the blue as some seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not sure about the first time she cheated on John but when she cheated on him with Cain he was paying more attention to his new business than to her and was cutting her out of that too.
    It's been the same with Cain this year. She supported him through the Joe stuff, when he put their entire family life at risk, she held him together, didn't react to him trying to sleep with Charity, stuck by him and they came out the other side and he immediately starts ignoring her, takes off to Scotland without telling her, keeping secrets for other people from her etc. etc.
    Nate, whatever his motivations are, could see all that and gave her the emotional attention she wasn't getting from Cain.
    That's not to say her reasoning is justifiable or it makes the affair ok. I just don't think it's as out of the blue as some seem to find it.

Do you mean Will and Harriet or Lisa's illness, dying (I thought all the Dingles were told including Moira about Lisa :confused:), Moira kept Vic's rape from Cain too

Nate has not asked about Emma's death to anyone so I do not think he is connected to her

I am glad Pete addressed him on the bs he said when he tried Rhona of never taking another man's women

Do you mean Will and Harriet or Lisa's illness, dying (I thought all the Dingles were told including Moira about Lisa :confused:), Moira kept Vic's rape from Cain too

He didn't immediately tell her how he was off the hook over Joe. She thought, briefly, that he had slept with Kim. He didn't tell her about going to Scotland or about trying to sell the garage out from under Debbie and Belle.

She did keep Victoria's rape a secret because it wasn't hers to tell and didn't really involve Cain. He made it about him though by sulking with her when she missed Lisa's homecoming party and not being there when they found out she was dying. Once she did know about Lisa she was there for Cain the whole time and told him about Victoria (after making sure Victoria was alright with it). But he basically sulked with her until she did.

Look, I'm not saying all these things individually are justification for an affair. They're just a lot of little things that were feeding into Moira's mood and causing some friction in the marriage. Cain didn't see it because he was too wrapped up in his own stuff, but Nate saw it, and he used it to get in with Moira and plant more doubt in her head about her relationship.

I think the thing he said to Pete about not deliberately going after someone else's woman is important. I'm thinking he meant it but when he got settled in the village he saw the opportunity to go after Moira to get to Cain and went for it. Whatever is driving that grudge against Cain must be pretty strong.

I hope Nate's vendetta revenge against Cain was planned by the writers from the start and not after, I sometimes feel things are made up as they go along

Moira must need attention 24/7 and to feed her high sex drive :p I think this affair has ruined her beyond redemption

I hope Nate's vendetta revenge against Cain was planned by the writers from the start and not after, I sometimes feel things are made up as they go along

Moira must need attention 24/7 and to feed her high sex drive :p I think this affair has ruined her beyond redemption

I find it funny how many people say this affair has ruined Moira beyond redemption but none of her other affairs did, or her being a murderer and allowing her son to take the blame.

Nate's been suspicious since he first showed up. He was working his way into several aspects of Cain's life and was definitely trying to take Kyle from him early on. I think the character may not have planned the affair from the start but I think the writers did. You could see the cracks in the marriage for a good while before Nate even showed up.

Not long now until it all comes out either way.

• Advertisement

You don't cheat on Cain Dingle :P

Tracy was so adamant Frank was innocent and wanting to clear his name, now is afraid to tell the police :o , so off scot free for Amy and Kerry

Nate was very threatening with Pete and Moira still wants him, Pete is right, she is an addict

Sally Dexter has revealed her character Faith Dingle will be leaving the soap, although it's currently unknown if this will be on a temporary or permanent basis. The actress has confirmed that Faith will soon be making her exit, but not before she learns about Moira and Nate's affair.

Sally revealed that Faith will keep the discovery to herself in an attempt to protect both her son Cain and Moira. But she added that matters will be complicated further by a shocking twist regarding Nate's identity.

"Yes, there is a very shocking twist with Nate's identity and it has dire consequences for my son Cain, for Moira my daughter-in-law, and me," she said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a29393120/emmerdale-sally-dexter-confirms-faith-dingle-exit/

It wouldn't explain his vendetta against Cain specifically but is there any chance Nate is actually Faith's son?

Faith to kill Nate or Pete and go on the run?

• Advertisement

Faith to kill Nate or Pete and go on the run?

It sounds like she's coming back so I doubt she's killed anyone. At the moment it sounds to me like whoever Nate is Faith knows something about it and when it all blows up she might be on the receiving end of Cain's anger, so she disappears for a while.
    I'm probably way off but it sounds a lot like the Debbie situation, as in Cain knocked someone up and didn't know about it, but Faith did and kept it from him. Who knows. But it's basically confirmed that Nate has a secret identity and it's a big deal.

Could Nate be connected to any of the Reynolds?

Could Nate be connected to any of the Reynolds?

I can't see how, but if ever there was a family who'd be out for revenge it'd be them :D

I can't see how, but if ever there was a family who'd be out for revenge it'd be them :D

Yes Ollie or Marc Reynolds or maybe Sadie King are the ones I remember who would have grudges against Cain

Sally Dexter has revealed her character Faith Dingle will be leaving the soap, although it's currently unknown if this will be on a temporary or permanent basis. The actress has confirmed that Faith will soon be making her exit, but not before she learns about Moira and Nate's affair.

Sally revealed that Faith will keep the discovery to herself in an attempt to protect both her son Cain and Moira. But she added that matters will be complicated further by a shocking twist regarding Nate's identity.

"Yes, there is a very shocking twist with Nate's identity and it has dire consequences for my son Cain, for Moira my daughter-in-law, and me," she said.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a29393120/emmerdale-sally-dexter-confirms-faith-dingle-exit/

A pity. Faith was quite a decent character.

I wish they'd just kill that Nate gobsh1te already. Himself and his dizzy rascal-like fake gangsta accent. It must be the English equivalent of the way kids have a mid-atlantic accent over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cant understand Ryan last few scenes at all.

When did Ryan start working at the revamped sweet factory outdoor activity development? Ryan is a web designer yes? I thought he was helping Matty and Rodney with their furniture restoration business

I did not think Kim would hire Charity's son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I've thought we was cains son ever since he stopped flirtiing with Debbie when she said cain was her dad. I wonder Could Nate be Faiths son? It is a soap so logic doesn't really come into it!

When did Ryan start working at the revamped sweet factory outdoor activity development? Ryan is a web designer yes? I thought he was helping Matty and Rodney with their furniture restoration business

I did not think Kim would hire Charity's son

They hired him to design their website and he stuck his nose into their plans and now has a made up job to keep him from giving them bad PR.
    Ryan's a character they seem to really struggle to find a purpose for. I still think he should have stayed dead, but he's there now so they have to put him somewhere.

It sounds like she's coming back so I doubt she's killed anyone. At the moment it sounds to me like whoever Nate is Faith knows something about it and when it all blows up she might be on the receiving end of Cain's anger, so she disappears for a while.
    I'm probably way off but it sounds a lot like the Debbie situation, as in Cain knocked someone up and didn't know about it, but Faith did and kept it from him. Who knows. But it's basically confirmed that Nate has a secret identity and it's a big deal.

What age was Cain when Faith left, in the flashback he seemed about 9 or 10

• Advertisement

What age was Cain when Faith left, in the flashback he seemed about 9 or 10

Yeah, I've no idea about timelines or ages when it comes to the Dingles. They seem to chop and change it to suit stories. I swear Chas should be older than she is, I don't remember it ever being mentioned that she had Aaron at a really young age and yet the ages both characters are now imply she had him at 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Just had a quick scan through Cain's life and can't see it. They are such a confusing family all inter-breeding. Don't know how some of them haven't got a second head or teeth on their nostrils.

My final guess is Nate came about in the same way as Kyle. So...Cain knocked some young and vulnerable girl up, tried to bully her into an abortion, treated her like dirt, threw some money at her and told her to get rid. He walked away assuming she did. She didn't. And somehow Nate tracked him down. Not sure how Faith ties into that secret unless somehow the mother came looking for Cain and found her, but as we said above there, not sure how that fits with Faith having walked out on her family.
    It could also explain why Nate took such an interest in Amy and Kyle, beyond him just wanting to annoy Cain.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

My final guess is Nate came about in the same way as Kyle. So...Cain knocked some young and vulnerable girl up, tried to bully her into an abortion, treated her like dirt, threw some money at her and told her to get rid. He walked away assuming she did. She didn't. And somehow Nate tracked him down. Not sure how Faith ties into that secret unless somehow the mother came looking for Cain and found her, but as we said above there, not sure how that fits with Faith having walked out on her family.
    It could also explain why Nate took such an interest in Amy and Kyle, beyond him just wanting to annoy Cain.

Jeff that plays Cain is 49 in real life. I think Cain is supposed to be about the same age?

He and Charity had Debbie when they were young teenagers.

I think Nate looks quite a bit older than Debbie which makes me think he is not Nates father but that there is some other connection between them. I think we maybe find out tonight? Or soon anyhow.

So for Nate, he has been rumoured as

Cain's son
    Emma's son
    John's son
    Faith's son

I agree Nate looks older than Debbie

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    Jeff that plays Cain is 49 in real life. I think Cain is supposed to be about the same age?

He and Charity had Debbie when they were young teenagers.

I think Nate looks quite a bit older than Debbie which makes me think he is not Nates father but that there is some other connection between them. I think we maybe find out tonight? Or soon anyhow.

Cain's only supposed to be a year or two older than Charity, so that would put him around 43/44.
    We know how old they were when they had Debbie (Charity 13, Cain 14), it's the timeline of when Faith was or wasn't in Cain's life that I don't know.
    And Debbie is 30 this year. Nate isn't anywhere near that in my opinion.

Cain's only supposed to be a year or two older than Charity, so that would put him around 43/44.
    We know how old they were when they had Debbie (Charity 13, Cain 14), it's the timeline of when Faith was or wasn't in Cain's life that I don't know.
    And Debbie is 30 this year. Nate isn't anywhere near that in my opinion.

Debbie 30 :eek: I thought she was younger and is she older than Ryan?

Debbie 30 :eek: I thought she was younger and is she older than Ryan?

Yes, Charity had her when she was 13 (Oct 1989). She was then kicked out of her house and was homeless on her 14th birthday (January 1990) (she told Vanessa this when she was telling her about Bails). She then fell in with Bails, got pregnant and had Ryan at the end of that year/start of the next. I still can't figure out if his birthday is Dec 31st 1990 or Jan 1st 1991. But either way he's 28 at the moment, and Charity was just about to turn 15 when she had him.

What happened to Pete and Ellis living in Aaron and Robert's flat which Jessie was in before getting with Marlon? I don't remember Pete moving to the farm, was this after his break up with Rhona after the marriage proposal?

• Advertisement

What happened to Pete and Ellis living in Aaron and Robert's flat which Jessie was in before getting with Marlon? I don't remember Pete moving to the farm, was this after his break up with Rhona after the marriage proposal?

Yeah, that was a bit of a weird one, and also begs the question why Chas, Paddy and Bear are squatting at the farm now and not living in the spare flat.
    As far as Pete goes I think he moved in with Ellis when him and Rhona were temporarily broken up. They got back together for a while before splitting permanently and that must have been when be went to the farm. Ellis, I think, moved back into Marlon's when he was recovering from being stabbed.

Advertisement