Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When we found out about Cain and his child, I thought of Boris Johnson and he not knowing how many children he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I knew someone had called it , just couldn't remember who !

Haven't a clue who his mother is , but obviously Faith does , judging by her reaction when she looked at the photo in the caravan .

Faith must know the mother

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I called Nate as Cain's son before the affair even started but I was still gripped by those scenes. I'm more interested in knowing the how and why of it all now. Hope they haven't done like Eastenders did with Ronnie Mitchell's long lost child and killed him off as soon as the secret is out.

I had a theory, not sure if I posted it, that Cain knocked someone up and either never knew, or knew and told her to get rid of it. The mother has the baby and somehow finds Faith when looking for Cain and she sends her away but never told Cain. Given we know Faith is leaving for a while she has to have done something worse than just telling Cain about the affair.
    Also, the only person Nate has shown genuine kindness to has been Amy. Amy, who got knocked up by Cain, who was bullied by Cain to have an abortion, had a child that Cain denied for years..... coincidence?
    (It could genuinely be coincidence and his only interest in Amy was getting to Kyle to mess with Cain, we shall see!)

Last night Emmerdale was great especially the part when Nate and Moira looked at each other good editing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Debbie now has 6 half brothers!

• Advertisement

And 3 step brothers. Not a sister in sight.

I had a theory, not sure if I posted it, that Cain knocked someone up and either never knew, or knew and told her to get rid of it. The mother has the baby and somehow finds Faith when looking for Cain and she sends her away but never told Cain. Given we know Faith is leaving for a while she has to have done something worse than just telling Cain about the affair.
    Also, the only person Nate has shown genuine kindness to has been Amy. Amy, who got knocked up by Cain, who was bullied by Cain to have an abortion, had a child that Cain denied for years..... coincidence?
    (It could genuinely be coincidence and his only interest in Amy was getting to Kyle to mess with Cain, we shall see!)

Of course there's still always the chance he's Faith's son, and thinks Cain is his had because of something Faith did. That would explain why she ends up leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

And 3 step brothers. Not a sister in sight.

All her step sisters end up dead. Holly and Mia.

mojonta wrote: »
    All her step sisters end up dead. Holly and Mia.

Joe was her step brother too at one point.

Can you list them all for me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Can you list them all for me lol

Ryan
    Noah
    Moses
    Kyle
    Issac
    Nate

Last night Emmerdale was great especially the part when Nate and Moira looked at each other good editing

Jeff as Cain is always great but I thought the actor playing Nate stepped up his game big time, I hope now Nate isn't killed off

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jeff as Cain is always great but I thought the actor playing Nate stepped up his game big time, I hope now Nate isn't killed off

I think some of Nate's "bad" acting was actually Nate, rather than the actor. If that makes sense. Like he was playing Nate playing a character. All his scenes with Moira, for example, were part of the character's plan so none of it was meant to be sincere or genuine or romantic or sexy. I felt he was really good with Amy in the scenes when he found her trying to find Kyle's passport and she told him about the fire. And again last night when he realised Cain knew.
    I really hope he's not killed off either. I'm not sure I can see him being a long term character but I'd like to see at least some fallout between them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did Nate say to Moira before she took a dip

'' you can shut up N'all, you served your propose ''

So he didn't actually care about her at all like he claimed. Was all a revenge mission.

So he didn't actually care about her at all like he claimed. Was all a revenge mission.

Yes, that's exactly what he said.

It was pretty obvious from the start that's what he was doing but I did start to wonder if the writers had changed their minds when he started declaring his love for her, but I think maybe that was just him trying to keep her onside when she was starting to talk about ending it. it'll be interesting to see how she deals with that. She's just thrown her family away for a guy that saw her as a means to an end.

It's the price of Moira dumped by Cain and also Nate who was using her :D I hope Chas or Faith thumps her

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

What's the betting they don't find a body and Nate will be back... At Halloween. ☺

Nate can't swim so we assume he is dead but he will be alive

Faith knows, staying quite now

A bit under-whelming. I thought the whole point was going to be a life begins and a life (maybe) ends. Instead unconscious Nate holds on to a floater and Moira was a Glasgow free-diving champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Strange ending considering Nate told Moira that she was just a pawn in his game of revenge, yet they end the episode in each others arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Strange ending considering Nate told Moira that she was just a pawn in his game of revenge, yet they end the episode in each others arms.

I love the way Cain just drove off and left them there tbh !
    Oh, and did he kiss Moira underwater or was he giving her air ?
    (Yes , I know that sounds weird:p)

I thought that was supposed to be romantic and he went all Jason Bourne and gave her mouth to mouth as he loved her even after all her shenanigans.

Lisa Gracie Barbara Delilah Dingle Kirk

I wouldn't exactly say they were "in each other's arms" That makes it sound way more romantic than him chucking his guts up while she rubbed his back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lisa Gracie Barbara Delilah Dingle Kirk

Haven’t seen it yet, is that the baby’s name????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I seen somewhere that's its going to be Eve.

I seen somewhere that's its going to be Eve.

Should be Lisa

Only thing I've seen about the name is that Bear picks it, apparently. Maybe whatever Paddy's mother's name was? Although, I'm not sure Paddy and her got on....
    Dingles usually have Biblical names too, which restricts it a bit.

Any chance Nate is Shadrack's son? The biblical name, Nathaniel, may suggest an actual relationship with the mother... could also explain how Faith might recognise the picture of his mother...?

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I'm just guessing but Dingles love biblical names

Advertisement