Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

All the Mandy stuff is a painful to watch. Awful character.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,468 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Jamie did not like Graham so would be happy he has a new lady not his mammy Kim

I expected a few comments from Kim and maybe also Harriet to Moira about cheating on Cain or even Kim trying to get Cain into bed again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Alice1 wrote: »
    That was Kim's son, the vet. He wanted to find out what Graham was at cos Kim is jealous

Why are Graham and Rhona a 'secret'?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Radio5 wrote: »
    Why are Graham and Rhona a 'secret'?

Because Kim and Graham have been having some weird on and off sex thing for years where basically Kim clicks her fingers and Graham comes running. They think she won't be happy if she finds out he's thrown her over for Rhona, plus she already doesn't like Rhona. So they're keeping it quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Robron comes to an end tonight as Robert says goodbye when Aaron visits. Ryan Hawley's last scenes.

• Advertisement

Does Vinnie like Belle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Vinnie like Belle?

Does the Pope s%^t in the Forest?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm delighted to see the end of Robron. We'll have a few weeks of Aaron crying and a wheepy Christmas but it will settle down then.

That montage at the end was a bit cringe. Glad he's gone too, Aaron's character has been dragged down by that relationship for years now.

I like Mandy she’s fun

• Advertisement

The actor who plays
    Graham
    is meant to have quit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

So is that the end of Aaron crying.....for now...:rolleyes:

Christmas is coming!

I actually hope so. I'm not expecting him to just forget his husband's essentially just dumped him and will be in jail for the next 14 years but there are a wealth of other emotions he can have about it all that don't involve crying. Smash some **** up son!

Why is Victoria still kinda seeing the canteen guy who she knows now is really her rapist's brother :rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I see Arthur has had a personality transplant. He was never a devious child, just always very sensitive and kind to others.

fin12 wrote: »
    I see Arthur has had a personality transplant. He was never a devious child, just always very sensitive and kind to others.

I think Arthur hates Archie and now Jai too, maybe jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Could they not just have had Robert beaten up in a prison fight resulting in him being in a long term coma. Instead of this crap that he should end the relationship cause he’s moved to the Isle of Wight.

fin12 wrote: »
    Arthur lies and blames Jimmy for Archie's bruises really from Arthur

I did enjoy the scenes of Belle with Cain and Belle with Nate

Moira trying to explain her reasoning was lame

And as for Cain and Kerry :eek:

• Advertisement

I did enjoy the scenes of Belle with Cain and Belle with Nate

Moira trying to explain her reasoning was lame

And as for Cain and Kerry :eek:

I thought Moira's reasoning was alright. It stands to reason that after all the stuff that happened to her over the last few years that she'd have a breakdown at some point. Engaging in self destructive behaviour just to feel something sounds like a serious mental health issue. I hope they actually explore that for her rather than just have her running around trying to get Cain back.

Agree about the Nate scenes though. Especially the ones with Belle. I know the storyline dictated it but he was very isolated as a character for his whole time on the show so far. Seeing him interact with other people and honestly too, will make it much easier to keep him around.

I still would have preferred if they'd made Cain actually responsible for Nate though. As in had him know he existed, or at least that his mum was pregnant, instead of making him completely innocent in it all and pinning the blame on Faith, which didn't even make sense.

Zak needs to return soon to sort out Cain and Nate

Also where is Tracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Just looking on Twitter at the reaction of the Robron fans. Jeez, but some of those people are taking the whole thing way too seriously. Personally, I'm glad Robron is over. I used to like Aaron (in the pre Robron days) and Robert was a decent villain, but putting them together ruined them, IMO. The whole relationship was like one big fanfiction, Mills and Boon type saga.

I much preferred Aaron and Jackson together, as it seemed, to me, at least, a more authentic love story. The whole Robron thing was so contrived, IMO.

Hopefully Aaron won't be going around snivelling as much now.

Just looking on Twitter at the reaction of the Robron fans. Jeez, but some of those people are taking the whole thing way too seriously. Personally, I'm glad Robron is over. I used to like Aaron (in the pre Robron days) and Robert was a decent villain, but putting them together ruined them, IMO. The whole relationship was like one big fanfiction, Mills and Boon type saga.

I much preferred Aaron and Jackson together, as it seemed, to me, at least, a more authentic love story. The whole Robron thing was so contrived, IMO.

I totally agree with everything you are saying.
    Robron, Cain, etc fans in the UK are a tad scary from what I've seen.

100% agree. I really don't think they were ever meant to be a long term thing but there was such a rabid reaction to it that the producers at the time kept going back to them. It was an awful case of pandering to fans, in my opinion. The next producer dared to break them up and that's when the craziness started. The current production team, god help them, were actually trying to make them a believable couple and giving them domestic storylines, like the surrogacy, and the fans hated that too. They just wanted the awful violence and "angst" of the early days again. Half of the fans have already jumped on the new gay couple on Eastenders now, and the weird thing is the majority of them are middle aged straight women!

Anyway, good riddance to the couple and their fans. Aaron's been ten times more interesting this past week than he's been for years, and now he's getting mixed up with a similarly broken Cain it can only lead to good things :D

I would be on Twitter a fair bit and there are actually plenty of normal folk who love their soaps but there seems to be a vocal minority who hijack every thread with ridiculous complaints to the point that most normal people don't bother engaging with it anymore.

I used to go through the Emmerdale # ocassionally to see what people were talking about and I had to stop in the end, just endless complaining and threatening to stop watching.

Any time the official Emmerdale account tweets anything about Nate, for example, the replies are disgusting. And I get why people don't like the character, and I can see why some wouldn't rate his acting, but the abuse the poor lad's been getting is disturbing.

I was hoping Matty would out Cain and Kerry's hook up to Dan and Amy

We all enjoy the soaps, but at the end of the day, the majority of soap fans realise it's all fictional and never meant to be any more than entertainment.

It was the same when Rana in Corrie died, those type of fans went ape and some even started b****ing at the actress who played Rana.

With Ryan Hawley leaving Emmerdale of his own free will, they were never going to get their happy ending for their favourite couple, so they should stop harrassing the Emmerdale team, because, from the moment he chose not to renew his contract, they had to figure out a way to write him out in a believable manner. Had they killed the character off, the Robroners would still b**ch and moan. Had they broken them up and Robert exited the village because of an affair; there would have been a meltdown. So, they wrote him out in the least offensive manner. There was no way they could have kept the couple together as the actor was leaving, but try telling that to the diehards. They could have recast, I suppose, but that'd have gone down like a lead balloon too.

The actress who played Rebecca got a lot of flack

The popularity of Robron have many soaps trying to create their own big gay/lesiban coupling, Eastenders building up "Ballum"

• Advertisement

The actress who played Rebecca got a lot of flack

The popularity of Robron have many soaps trying to create their own big gay/lesiban coupling, Eastenders building up "Ballum"

I remember that, the Robroners were savage. I don't get that whole changing sexuality thing that's so popular in soaps right now. This is just my opinion, but it more or less trivialises a person's sexuality, and if I were gay, I'd find it more insulting than anything. The soaps seem to imply that sexuality is something that can be changed at the drop of a hat, when that's not true. When you think of the real life struggles some people have had coming out, and gaining acceptance, and accepting themselves.... Then you look at a character like Robert Sugden, who was never gay or bisexual in the past; nor did he give any indication that he was conflicted in any way, suddenly change his sexuality it makes you roll your eyes. They did similar to Marcus in Corrie. Marcus who was 100% gay and had him turn for Maria.

I think it's their way to grab ratings without actually writing any decent material, because it's easier to cater to these fandom shower than it is to write decent material.

Advertisement