Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think a Zoe Tate recast after the actress has died would be in bad taste and as such a big character on the show, deserves a good send off despite being off the show for many years

I don't think it would. If they'd done it while the poor woman was still alive it would have been a bit hard on her but a few months down the line, I don't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,465 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do we think Nate will help Cain and Aaron against this psycho car fella Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Does anyone else think that Amy might be developing feelings for Cain? She seemed more annoyed at Kerry than she was with him, and it was as if (maybe I'm reading too much into it, though) that she went for a drink with Nate to rile him up, because as soon as he'd seen them together and she'd said her piece, she left.

Then there was the whole camping trip with him and the kids. I wonder if it is all ''for Kyle'' or if she's developed notions about playing happy families with him?

Does anyone else think that Amy might be developing feelings for Cain? She seemed more annoyed at Kerry than she was with him, and it was as if (maybe I'm reading too much into it, though) that she went for a drink with Nate to rile him up, because as soon as he'd seen them together and she'd said her piece, she left.

Then there was the whole camping trip with him and the kids. I wonder if it is all ''for Kyle'' or if she's developed notions about playing happy families with him?

Yeah, it's an odd one. It makes sense for her to be concerned about Kyle, and Kerry's making an already bad situation for him worse, but it is coming across a bit like she's more concerned about Cain than anyone. If she was smart she'd be manipulating the situation to get more time with Kyle. Moira has no claim over him, if Cain's not keeping him with him she could be in there herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Yeah, it's an odd one. It makes sense for her to be concerned about Kyle, and Kerry's making an already bad situation for him worse, but it is coming across a bit like she's more concerned about Cain than anyone. If she was smart she'd be manipulating the situation to get more time with Kyle. Moira has no claim over him, if Cain's not keeping him with him she could be in there herself.

She probably is concerned about Kyle, but the way she’s been standing by Cain makes me wonder. She could have taken Kyle on the camping trip no problem, but she seemed very pleased that Cain went as well. Normally in soaps when a couple who were never properly together or had a bad relationship have a child together, the one who feels hard done by doesn’t hesitate to dig the boot in when the one with custody is having personal difficulties. It’s usually a case of: “I’m getting my child out of your messed up situation, see you in court” sort of thing. But Amy’s reaction has been strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

fin12 wrote: »

Looks nothing like Ellis there, he looks older than Billy. Ellis is supposed to be early 20's? Too soon for a recast, it's going to be so strange to watch.

Looks nothing like Ellis there, he looks older than Billy. Ellis is supposed to be early 20's? Too soon for a recast, it's going to be so strange to watch.

I don't think it's too soon when they obviously had storylines planned given they brought in his dad after they knew Jessie was leaving. Recasting makes more sense than scrapping another character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Acosta

Apparently Cain and Aaron now have nothing to live for, other than of course the latters little sister, his adopted child and the formers two little kids as well as other children elsewhere. So they might as well rob some cars from a dangerous gang...Might take a break until Christmas. The writing is horrendous at the moment and really let's down development of long standing characters.

• Advertisement

Acosta wrote: »
    Apparently Cain and Aaron now have nothing to live for, other than of course the latters little sister, his adopted child and the formers two little kids as well as other children elsewhere. So they might as well rob some cars from a dangerous gang...Might take a break until Christmas. The writing is horrendous at the moment and really let's down development of long standing characters.

I find Aaron worse than Cain at the moment. He was heading off for a life on the run without a second thought for his underage sister he's supposed to be raising, or his pregnant mum. And now he's still acting like they don't matter in comparison to Robert.
    At least Cain was looking after his boys and trying to give them some stability at home. He's still a bit of a twat but he's ever so slightly less awful than Aaron at the moment.

Amy you killed a man got away with it but is going another poor me my mam cheated on me ugh!

Amy you killed a man got away with it but is going another poor me my mam cheated on me ugh!

Amy wants forgiveness for her and her mam Kerry but not for Nate, Moira or anyone else :rolleyes:

Vanessa is just back and already annoying as fcuk

Graham looked so out of place and disinterested in the pub with Rhona and her mates

I love that they've tied Vanessa's childhood with a con artist dad, and the recent lies from Kerry and Amy into Charity's lies and scheming. I know all soap couples break up at some point, or at several points, but it's refreshing to have one split over something other than cheating.

I think they may have made a massive mistake with involving Amy in the whole fire thing the way they did. Kerry has been on the show much longer so viewers are more likely to forgive her, or want to forgive her, or at the very least care a bit about her life falling apart, and they've actually written her as struggling with things. Amy just seems to have forgotten completely about what they did and worse she's going around the village judging everyone for things that don't really compare to killing a man, burning a business to the ground, framing said dead man for it, and lying to his family for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I find Aaron worse than Cain at the moment. He was heading off for a life on the run without a second thought for his underage sister he's supposed to be raising, or his pregnant mum. And now he's still acting like they don't matter in comparison to Robert.
    At least Cain was looking after his boys and trying to give them some stability at home. He's still a bit of a twat but he's ever so slightly less awful than Aaron at the moment.

She is no longer pregnant but fair point

Maz2016 wrote: »
    She is no longer pregnant but fair point

I was talking about when he was running off with Robert, at which point she was.

Cain had to take Moses to the garage while he worked as Charity could not have him in the pub, where was Johnny, Kyle, Issac and Noah? Could Pete not have taken nephew Moses?

All done so Moses will be taken by scary car guy Sean (who looks a mix of Harriet's Will and Warren Fox from Hollyoaks :P)

Cain had to take Moses to the garage while he worked as Charity could not have him in the pub, where was Johnny, Kyle, Issac and Noah? Could Pete not have taken nephew Moses?

They were all in school/nursery. Charity dropped the kids to school in the morning but Moses was ill and had to be sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

So Nate will never have to pay for a drink in't Woolpack so long as he lives. Well 6 weeks of free beer is not to be sniffed at.

So Nate will never have to pay for a drink in't Woolpack so long as he lives. Well 6 weeks of free beer is not to be sniffed at.

Nate the hero :D Chas of course won't blame her precious prince Aaron :mad:

What a change in Arthur, violence and lies, the little Thomas thug, what would Ashley think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Is that Dotty new? I don't remember seeing that child before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Poor Archie.

Nate the hero :D Chas of course won't blame her precious prince Aaron :mad:

What a change in Arthur, violence and lies, the little Thomas thug, what would Ashley think

Hope Charity reminds Chas that Aaron's just as responsible for Lydia losing her inheritance too.

I was shocked by Arthur tonight. Not so much him punching Archie, but the lies afterwards! Knowing how to make Archie keep quiet, he was asking for it etc. Shocking, but the lad playing Arthur is doing so well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have to say I enjoyed Cain and Aaron getting into a bit of bother for their thuggery tonight.
    It just totally baffles me how some of the fans think these are the best guys ever.

I have to say I enjoyed Cain and Aaron getting into a bit of bother for their thuggery tonight.
    It just totally baffles me how some of the fans think these are the best guys ever.

I could have slapped Chas too, defending Aaron because he's sad about Robert, but she couldn't even be vaguely sympathetic to Charity who was dumped 5 minutes ago. Glad Charity told them exactly what she thought of them all. (She's no saint herself, obviously, but they really do treat her like crap)

Noah likes Vanessa I was surprised at this, I guess they must have special moments off screen as he was rarely mentioned by her for trips etc.,

Noah likes Vanessa I was surprised at this, I guess they must have special moments off screen as he was rarely mentioned by her for trips etc.,

They only wheel Noah out to be grumpy about something so I just assume he's living very happily offscreen when he's not being mentioned.

I could have slapped Chas too, defending Aaron because he's sad about Robert, but she couldn't even be vaguely sympathetic to Charity who was dumped 5 minutes ago. Glad Charity told them exactly what she thought of them all. (She's no saint herself, obviously, but they really do treat her like crap)

Plus after losing Grace you would think Chas would have more sympathy for Charity over Moses

Charity should tell Ross they he could stop Aaron seeing Seb

We know Charity is no mother of the year or saint herself and she did just leave Moses with Cain but Aaron and Cain's crime antics got him taken

Aaron just like Debbie can do no wrong in the Dingle clan

I hope Zak returns soon and welcomes Nate to the family, get out the welly for him to drink from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,067 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did Leo just speak

'' hey Mum !! ''

• Advertisement

Plus after losing Grace you would think Chas would have more sympathy for Charity over Moses

We know Charity is no mother of the year or saint herself and she did just leave Moses with Cain but Aaron and Cain's crime antics got him taken

Chas acts like she's the only one to lose a baby. A few weeks ago she was talking to Charity about not wanting to talk about Grace at the anti natal classes but feeling awful about keeping her secret, and she said Charity didn't know what that felt like, completely ignoring the fact that Charity lived for 27 years keeping her dead baby a secret from everyone!

Also, I'll acknowledge it was rubbish of Charity to dump Moses like that but she's just been dumped and has a sick child to look after and none of her family were offering her any help at all. I mean Chas and Marlon kept hounding her about not being behind the bar but when she asked one of them to watch Moses they wanted her to do that to?! And then Cain is basically calling her a traitor for being grateful to Nate for finding Moses!

I do love the Dingles at times but I think another massive shouting match between them all is overdue.

Advertisement