Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

All the soapy press are saying that there's no plans for Maya to return at the moment. So it seems like they were just planting the seed for a future story if they want to revisit it. It wasn't a new scene though, they shot it back in April/May before Louisa Clien left, so I'd assume they do plan to use it eventually. Maya's obviously got restrictions around her release so I wasn't expecting to see her in the village anytime soon anyway. She'll probably pop up in time for one of the awards shows :D

All the soapy press are saying that there's no plans for Maya to return at the moment. So it seems like they were just planting the seed for a future story if they want to revisit it. It wasn't a new scene though, they shot it back in April/May before Louisa Clien left, so I'd assume they do plan to use it eventually. Maya's obviously got restrictions around her release so I wasn't expecting to see her in the village anytime soon anyway. She'll probably pop up in time for one of the awards shows :D

Oh so she’ll return in a few years so is the baby David’s or Jacob I wonder

Also Sarah is so stupid

Oh so she’ll return in a few years so is the baby David’s or Jacob I wonder

No idea, but as I said she'll be saying it's David's because she's not going to admit to having slept with Jacob.
    I would think the baby actually being David's would be the better choice, story line wise. Nobody wants to watch Jacob raising a baby.

Jacob and Sarah are both annoying me at the moment, Noah is wasted give him a storyline already

• Registered Users Posts: 86,465 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No idea, but as I said she'll be saying it's David's because she's not going to admit to having slept with Jacob.
    I would think the baby actually being David's would be the better choice, story line wise. Nobody wants to watch Jacob raising a baby.

I thought both Jacob and Maya admitted they slept together after he was 16

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought both Jacob and Maya admitted they slept together after he was 16

Not to the police they didn't. That's why she was only charged with sending the text messages and got a short sentence. Nobody could prove they'd slept together, she denied it and Jacob lied to protect her.

Did Jacob also sleep with Gabby and Liv (not at the same time)

Did Jacob also sleep with Gabby and Liv (not at the same time)

He slept with Gabby and did the exact same thing he's done with Leanna. He did it around the start of the Maya thing, I think he thought Maya wouldn't do anything with him because he was inexperienced or something so he used Gabby.

He never slept with Liv but she kind of tried to do it because she thought he was losing interest in her because she wasn't interested in anything physical. That was when he was just using her as cover for his relationship with Maya.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Jacob and Sarah are both annoying me at the moment, Noah is wasted give him a storyline already

Jacob's topknot/man bun thing is doing my head in. I thought his last do was bad but he has a head like a tied up refuse sack.

Jacob's topknot/man bun thing is doing my head in. I thought his last do was bad but he has a head like a tied up refuse sack.

It's about 4 years out of fashion, and it was an awful hairstyle even when it was in fashion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,065 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jacob's a right twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

quick google shows the actress who plays Leanna is only 16 in real life,she looks much older on screen and unusually fits her characters age,they are mainly 2-4 years older in real life

I do find Liam funny

Graham seems to moving fast with Rhona and Leo

I hope Liam stays when Bernice leaves, I’m gutted she’s going though

I find Jacob so very annoying lately but I have to keep reminding myself that his behaviour is all, or mostly, down to Maya messing with his head. I think it's good that they're showing the long lasting effects of something like that rather than just having her packed off to jail and the victim just gets on with their lives. I just wish they'd picked a better actor to do it with

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I find Jacob so very annoying lately but I have to keep reminding myself that his behaviour is all, or mostly, down to Maya messing with his head. I think it's good that they're showing the long lasting effects of something like that rather than just having her packed off to jail and the victim just gets on with their lives. I just wish they'd picked a better actor to do it with

I'm struggling to remember but I don't think I ever really liked Jacob or it may have just being his haircuts!

I'm struggling to remember but I don't think I ever really liked Jacob or it may have just being his haircuts!

I never really liked him either. Even when he was a nice kid he was kind of annoyingly smug.

Apparently the rapist's family (mother and brother) are to become regulars moving to the village, likely in with Vic, that will make Aaron happy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Jacob's a nasty little sh*t. What he went through doesnt automatically turn you into a total ar*ehole. It's not as if hes had to face it all alone. Hes had a support system around him to help him make sense of it all.

Liam should have lamped him harder.

Apparently the rapist's family (mother and brother) are to become regulars moving to the village, likely in with Vic, that will make Aaron happy

They shouldn’t suffer for his crimes the mother and other brother seem nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Robron fans will be devastated. I'm sort of happy.

Wendy buys Megan's house from Jai.

Jacob's a nasty little sh*t. What he went through doesnt automatically turn you into a total ar*ehole. It's not as if hes had to face it all alone. Hes had a support system around him to help him make sense of it all.

Liam should have lamped him harder.

It's good the way they've done it, I suppose, in that Jacob still hasn't accepted that he was abused by Maya. I believe that's quite realistic, especially in cases where a boy is abused by a woman. And as you say, he's had a support team around him from the second it became public knowledge, but he doesn't see them as that, he sees them as the enemy. They can offer all the support in the world to him but it won't make a difference until he accepts the truth about Maya.

All that said.... I agree, David should have let Liam get a few more hits in before he stopped him :D

They shouldn’t suffer for his crimes the mother and other brother seem nice

Wendy needs to accept what Lee did. She can still hate Robert for killing her son and all of that but her still refusing to acknowledge Lee raped Victoria makes her a very antagonistic character. But maybe that's the point of them keeping her around? I quite like the actress though and, as you say, the brother is quite nice too, so I don't really mind them moving in.

It's good the way they've done it, I suppose, in that Jacob still hasn't accepted that he was abused by Maya. I believe that's quite realistic, especially in cases where a boy is abused by a woman. And as you say, he's had a support team around him from the second it became public knowledge, but he doesn't see them as that, he sees them as the enemy. They can offer all the support in the world to him but it won't make a difference until he accepts the truth about Maya.

All that said.... I agree, David should have let Liam get a few more hits in before he stopped him :D

To believe sex is no big deal is one thing. But the vile way he spoke to and about Leanna was horrible and goes to the root of him.

To believe sex is no big deal is one thing. But the vile way he spoke to and about Leanna was horrible and goes to the root of him.

Yeah, I agree it was horrible, but his formative experiences with sex were all tied up in his "relationship" with Maya. I'm not saying it makes it right, especially the things he said about Leanna, I'm just thinking he needs some serious counselling. Remember a few months ago when Priya was just being nice to him and he genuinely thought she was hitting on him. He said the same thing about Leanna, she was being nice to him so he thought why not? Again, none of it's okay and he deserved what he got from Liam, I just think it would be good to see him actually talking to a professional about his behaviour and attitude.

Wendy needs to accept what Lee did. She can still hate Robert for killing her son and all of that but her still refusing to acknowledge Lee raped Victoria makes her a very antagonistic character. But maybe that's the point of them keeping her around? I quite like the actress though and, as you say, the brother is quite nice too, so I don't really mind them moving in.

Wendy will in time I sense a heart to heart episode with Victoria in the future

Wendy will in time I sense a heart to heart episode with Victoria in the future

I think she has to if they plan on keeping her around. I'm already bored of the round and round in circles scenes with her, Victoria and Aaron.

Yeah, I agree it was horrible, but his formative experiences with sex were all tied up in his "relationship" with Maya. I'm not saying it makes it right, especially the things he said about Leanna, I'm just thinking he needs some serious counselling. Remember a few months ago when Priya was just being nice to him and he genuinely thought she was hitting on him. He said the same thing about Leanna, she was being nice to him so he thought why not? Again, none of it's okay and he deserved what he got from Liam, I just think it would be good to see him actually talking to a professional about his behaviour and attitude.

He doesnt have a get out of jail free card. I know youre not suggesting he does. But he deliberately tried to hurt Leanna.

• Advertisement

I predict a love triangle for Luke/Victoria/Aaron

Advertisement