Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Will call Harriet a gormless bent

Gormless bint

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 86,453 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gormless bint

What does that even mean lol, also I can’t stand Sarah moaning non stop over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What does that even mean lol, also I can’t stand Sarah moaning non stop over and over

Whats going on with her eyes, i dont mean the ridiculous eyebrows but her actual eyes..they look strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

A whore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why are there so many evil children in a tiny village?
    Just recently they have planted drugs on an innocent guy and got him done for dealing.
    Accused a doctor of taking advantage and having sex.
    The little bond villain kid who pretended the other kid was bullying him.
    This is not normal! Child psychologists would be making a case study of the village.
    And there is never any real consequences for their actions, they get let off scot-free,

Why does a teeny tiny village need two vicars. Does anyone even go to mass there since Edna and Betty Eggleton have departed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Just recently they have planted drugs on an innocent guy and got him done for dealing.
    This is not normal! Child psychologists would be making a case study of the village.
    And there is never any real consequences for their actions, they get let off scot-free,

Theyre all in the "spectrum"

Sarah thinks she can get away with anything just like Debbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Why does a teeny tiny village need two vicars. Does anyone even go to mass there since Edna and Betty Eggleton have departed?

Harriet was 'overworked' and I guess the second vicar came to help with the Christmas rush. Nobody goes to service nowadays, the church is used for family rows now.

Cain and Charity arguing in the street over their grandchild's behaviour. Same storyline they've had over the years, with them arguing about Debbie. :rolleyes: Can't wait for Cain and Nate's ma to begin screeching in the street over Nate & Tracey's youngster, Ezekiel or Balthazar or whatever he'll be called.

Seemed strange to see Brenda and Eric sitting next to each other in the Woolie. Took me a second to realise why they did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Remember when Harriet also trashed the church, that was pretty funny. She’s the worst vicar ever.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Harriet was 'overworked' and I guess the second vicar came to help with the Christmas rush. Nobody goes to service nowadays, the church is used for family rows now.

Cain and Charity arguing in the street over their grandchild's behaviour. Same storyline they've had over the years, with them arguing about Debbie. :rolleyes: Can't wait for Cain and Nate's ma to begin screeching in the street over Nate & Tracey's youngster, Ezekiel or Balthazar or whatever he'll be called.

Seemed strange to see Brenda and Eric sitting next to each other in the Woolie. Took me a second to realise why they did :)

They are a couple, married in real life I think

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They are a couple, married in real life I think

Yes,
    Moira is also seeing the Doctor.
    Kerry is with Daz(think he's left it now).
    Cain is with Rhona.
    Debbie is with David.

Yes,
    Cain is with Rhona.
    Debbie is with David.
    Plenty of leeway for affair storylines there ;)

Plenty of leeway for affair storylines there ;)

I read before that Debbie refuses to do any scenes with David.

Kerry away from Dan Amelia and Amy still makes no sense, I know the actress is pregnant but her just going off to a friend while Dan was injured was stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »

I think she's meant to have serious notions about herself in real life.(Now she could be lovely also).

Nichola as the nosey village gossip is just not working for me.
    Maybe because she is following in the footsteps of people like Viv Windsor and the undefeated gossip girl Betty Eggleton.

Also the show needs a new village drinker. They never replaced Seth Armstrong or Shadrach with anyone.

I think she's meant to have serious notions about herself in real life.(Now she could be lovely also).
    As you say she might be lovely irl but I have always thought she looks like the type of person who could break your jaw with a hard stare.

Haha sure just look at all their horrible parents

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Because Will contacted the Bishop to say Harriet needed help

Terry Pratchet

Yes,
    Cain is with Rhona.
    Debbie is with David.

Haha never knew any of those till today

And Victorias boyfeiend is dating the actor who played his dead brother

Terry Pratchet

As you say she might be lovely irl but I have always thought she looks like the type of person who could break your jaw with a hard stare.

Shell probably break Als jaw soon

Terry Pratchet

Yes I've heard of a few incidents with fans of bad rude behaviour from the actress

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well, that first half had most of the characters I despise. Tbh, Debbie wasn't missed why bring her back?

Where is Debbie's son?

Because Will contacted the Bishop to say Harriet needed help
    And now that he is here she win't let him do anything :confused:
    He seems to spend his days wandering around the village making small-talk with people.

And Harriet is constantly writing sermons.
    For who exactly? I can't name even one character who would seem like a regular churchgoer?

Is Sarah crazy, taking drugs in her condition. Sure her heart can’t take drugs in her system.

Al is some dope, having an affair with Debbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fin12 wrote: »

Its more to do with if they don't have many scenes together or scheduled on at the same time, it means one of them can always be home with the kids. Its something they negotiate into contracts instead of pay rises presumably, and I'd say that suits the producer well enough not to be shelling out more money every few years. And the odd time they do interact, but for the most part they just don't. Although I'd say a part of it is not wanting to be working with your spouse all day too, which is fair.

Jeff Hordley and Zoe Goskirk (Cain and Rhona) have a similar deal, although their kids are a good bit older now (both teenagers anyway), so think they've had a bit more interaction in the last year or two.

Not a bad arrangement to be able to make. Rarely have to rely on childminders for work, so saving money there in lieu of getting paid a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Nichola as the nosey village gossip is just not working for me.
    Maybe because she is following in the footsteps of people like Viv Windsor and the undefeated gossip girl Betty Eggleton.

Also the show needs a new village drinker. They never replaced Seth Armstrong or Shadrach with anyone.

When Nicola came back to the village as Mrs deSouza, she had major ideas of being a business tycoon/executive/lady of the manor type. She & Jimmy were an unexpected pairing but she's stayed with him, while all of his family were killed off. I think Carl's kids are supposed to be abroad and that's all of the Kings left now. Nic was always a bit of a gossip, maybe not in the revered league of Viv & Betty.
    Also is it ever mentioned that she being Gabby's aunt? Much like Victoria is Sarah and Jack's aunt, isn't really referred to.

Advertisement