Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

That whole Chrissie in Pollards B&B is beyond stupid. In the whole of the dales, the only place she can spend the night is a B&B where the owners wouldn't p!ss on her if she was on fire. And Pollard is so unfamiliar with his residence/business that he doesn't know which window belongs to which room. :confused:

I agree with you but did he perhaps forget that Chrissie was in a different room and get his rooms mixed up? Was only half watching it the other day so thats why im asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Beating up for being gay, they hate gays so much that they take turns to have sex with him, just to show how much they hate gays/

You don't have to be raped by a penis to be raped.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You don't have to be raped by a penis to be raped.

No, Aaron is lucky he wasnt in prison with Noelie Hughes from Love/hate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No, Aaron is lucky he wasnt in prison with Noelie Hughes from Love/hate

Don't u mean Fran.

fin12 wrote: »
    Don't u mean Fran.

Yes im aware it was Fran in the series of Love/hate. Im just using what happened him as an example of what Mars Bar was referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Twas Fran it happened to but Noelie was behind it. Wouldn't want to cross Noelie in a dark alley. With a snooker cue.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,545 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That whole Chrissie in Pollards B&B is beyond stupid. In the whole of the dales, the only place she can spend the night is a B&B where the owners wouldn't p!ss on her if she was on fire. And Pollard is so unfamiliar with his residence/business that he doesn't know which window belongs to which room. :confused:

Chrissie would be too good for small village B&B, she would head to the nearest city would it be Leeds or Yorkshire to big 5 star luxury hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

i dont understand why Aaron just doesnt get onto Cain instead of taking a beating :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

buswankers wrote: »
    i dont understand why Aaron just doesnt get onto Cain instead of taking a beating :mad:

What can he do?? Tell on them. I don't think Cain is this Lord of Leeds! Sure his own da bet him up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What did Aaron take at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

What did Aaron take at the end
    "Spice" (synthetic marijuana.)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,566 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I loved the bit at the end when they were all said 'I'm fine'!

What can he do?? Tell on them. I don't think Cain is this Lord of Leeds! Sure his own da bet him up!!

Jason knows Cain and I am sure Cain has some mates inside whether inmates or wardens who could help Aaron

I didn't like that priest.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jason knows Cain and I am sure Cain has some mates inside whether inmates or wardens who could help Aaron

I would imagine the guy who is causing the problems is the "inmate lynchpin" by the way he goes around with the majority on his side so I can't imagine there would be some huge revolution against him by a few of Cain's mates. They know who Aaron is re being a Dingle and didn't seem too bothered, in fact laughed it off, so it didn't fill them with terror.

But knowing Emmerdale, thats how it will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I didn't like that priest.

I actually liked him :o

I thought what he said to Aaron was true , and then to see Aaron not have the heart to tell Robert what was happening ,and then feel so low as to need to take the drugs was sad :(

Is Noah the same age as Liv, Gaby and Jacob?

It is nice to see him feature more

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I actually liked him :o

I thought what he said to Aaron was true , and then to see Aaron not have the heart to tell Robert what was happening ,and then feel so low as to need to take the drugs was sad :(

But if the priest had helped him why did he not end up telling Robert and still turn to drugs at da end of da night. Oviously the priests talk was of no benefit.

Happened to be watching the Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston yesterday and who happened to be in it (other than Tom Vaughan Lawlor and Daniel Mays) only Joseph Gilgun who played Eli Dingle. Wow. I realise he was in some fairly big productions recently such as Misfits, This is England and Harry Brown but this is a fair step up the ladder. Amazing he was only in Emmerdale up to around 2010. Never liked the character of Eli really but the actor seems really versatile and talented

But if the priest had helped him why did he not end up telling Robert and still turn to drugs at da end of da night. Oviously the priests talk was of no benefit.

Fair point Fin . I just thought that Aaron Was going to tell Robert , but that he chickened out of it when he heard Liv there too ? Just my take on it .

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Fair point Fin . I just thought that Aaron Was going to tell Robert , but that he chickened out of it when he heard Liv there too ? Just my take on it .

I just don't understand what that priest was trying to achieve, his tough love approach clearly doesn't work, he basically said to Aaron you were raped but so have plenty of others so just get on with it, I just feel like if you were feeling in a really low place before meeting him you would come out of the meeting feelings a 100 times worse.

Happened to be watching the Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston yesterday and who happened to be in it (other than Tom Vaughan Lawlor and Daniel Mays) only Joseph Gilgun who played Eli Dingle. Wow. I realise he was in some fairly big productions recently such as Misfits, This is England and Harry Brown but this is a fair step up the ladder. Amazing he was only in Emmerdale up to around 2010. Never liked the character of Eli really but the actor seems really versatile and talented

he looks so different, so skeletal without the hair! But most of his roles require that look

I just don't understand what that priest was trying to achieve, his tough love approach clearly doesn't work, he basically said to Aaron you were raped but so have plenty of others so just get on with it, I just feel like if you were feeling in a really low place before meeting him you would come out of the meeting feelings a 100 times worse.

What I took from what he said to Aaron was ; yes you were raped , it was horrible , but don't let it dictate who you are , that you are better than that , and not to become like (the other prisoner who beat Aaron up) , they were the two options that Aaron has ?

Totally get what you're saying though Fin , we all react differently to things people say :)

He is in Preacher with Ruth Negga and her real life fella too

He is in Preacher with Ruth Negga and her real life fella too

I thought Ruth Neggas boyfriend is Dominic Cooper.

I thought Ruth Neggas boyfriend is Dominic Cooper.

Yes I couldn't think of his name as he is in Preacher too, that is what I meant her real life fella not that Joe was her real life fella

Yes I couldn't think of his name as he is in Preacher too, that is what I meant her real life fella not that Joe was her real life fella

Oh right ya Dominic Cooper is pretty hot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is Noah the same age as Liv, Gaby and Jacob?

It is nice to see him feature more

No, Liv and Gabby are 16, Jacob and Noah are both 13 (according to Emmerdale Wiki) - which makes the whole Gabby and Jacob thing ridiculous. I looked it up when Gabby and Noah were messing with Doug's cart as I thought it was odd for Gabby and Noah to be friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not that odd, they're the only kids in the village around a similar age. When I was growing up there was 5 kids on my road, I was the oldest and the rest were all younger boys but we were all friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

My point exactly :)

Advertisement