Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I mean Robert, not jake.
    But I bet it turns out in end to be Ross's

Was thinking that earlier also , then I thought , that would be too predictable .

What's the odds on the baby,if she is pregnant, being Roberts , and then a custody battle ensues between them with Robert wanting him and Aaron to raise the baby ?

I think too far ahead really don't I :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,537 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe Bex had a jump on someone else and we could have another in the frame for whose the daddy, Adam, Pete, Cain or a mystery man?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ah. How sad that episode was. Amazing acting from Ashley. The scene over the houses and village was so sad. Glad emmerdale won best soap award . It deserved it.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Wouldn't be a fan of the noisy gathering in my final hours. I also reckon one less pillow would have made him look a bit more comfortable. Apart from that it was well done. RIP Ashley!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

An emotional wreck after that episode....Aw emmerdale is just brilliant. I will miss Ashley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just watched it , beautifully done , acting top class again , will miss Ashley though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Devastated for gabby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't think anyone could have watched that episode and not felt themselves welling up - so well played by Sandy, Bernice, Gabby, Laurel and Arthur in particular. Gabby not getting enough well deserved credit for her portrayal of this storyline, you really felt like it was a girl losing her actual father tonight - real pain and grief in their faces.

Again I'll say, this storyline shows how well soap actors, writers and producers can do with well thought out, well planned and well written storylines. Shame about the fluff in the middle but you can't expect every aspect of soaps to be as good as this when they're producing ~3.5 hours a week worth of content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Stopped Clock

I lost my mother to dementia so quite a lot of this story was bang on the money. Tonight's episode resonated big time with me and I shed a few tears when Ashley recognised Laurel again. I had a moment like that with my mum, though not on her deathbed. When your loved one gets a surprise lucid moment like that, it's incredibly bittersweet. I thought tonight's show was beautifully done and the actors were fantastic. The two kids are great but it's hard not to think about the performances of Charlotte Bellamy and John Middleton. It goes to show how good actors in a soap can be if they're given the material to work with. I would love to see both John and Charlotte being given the opportunity to act in quality dramas in the future. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Rebecca pregnant or thinks she might be and has she discussed this with Roberts sister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    Is Rebecca pregnant or thinks she might be and has she discussed this with Roberts sister?
    Yeah. What was all that about last night. ??. I think I must have missed something !

Yeah. What was all that about last night. ??. I think I must have missed something !

Ya she said something about her stomach and something about avoiding Ross, it was very strange and Roberts sister seemed to know what she was going on about, if she is it will be Roberts anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I thought it was pretty bloody obvious she was going to be pregnant. Timed of course for a Christmas birth. More Aaron crying scenes ahead. No doubt this will eventually be the child the show give the Robron fanatics when Rebecca dies during childbirth. You can almost predict the whole thing.

Victoria gave her a pregnancy test which came out as pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 36,091 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I take it April backed One for Arthur like I did ...

You would think a flighty lady like Bex would be on birth control, Emma will be happy to think she is getting another grand child if Ross is the dad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It sounds like there was some discussion with John Middleton around the story and how it would progress......

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/i-agreed-with-writers-to-kill-off-ashley-emmerdale-actor-john-middleton-35585206.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Ghekko wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a fan of the noisy gathering in my final hours. I also reckon one less pillow would have made him look a bit more comfortable. Apart from that it was well done. RIP Ashley!

Completely agree about the pillows, he looked so uncomfortable!

Great acting throughout this storyline by John Middleton and Charlotte Bellamy. RIP Ashley, you will be missed in Emmerdale!

I wonder will Ashley's brother and niece be back or mentioned for his funeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will Ashley's brother and niece be back or mentioned for his funeral

Ashley had a brother? Wow I didn't know that

• Advertisement

I don't really get Rebecca so basically she was being really careful with Ross yet knew she wasn't with Robert yet it didn't dawn on her to go get the morning after pill. Im sick of these constant unplanned pregnancies after one night stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

And is Victoria pregnant also now? The question is, who will find the tester and where? Adam... under the pillow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

And is Victoria pregnant also now? The question is, who will find the tester and where? Adam... under the pillow?
    Victoria isn't pregnant. In the spoiler pics for next week it says Diane offers them money for fertility tests http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/previews/picture-preview-mon-17-apr-fri-21-apr

Ashley had a brother? Wow I didn't know that

Yes Jasmine's father

I wonder could it be something serious like cervical cancer that Victoria may have

Why was Victoria carrying Rebecca's pee stick around in her handbag? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Jasmine's father

I wonder could it be something serious like cervical cancer that Victoria may have

I wouldn't say it's Victoria that has the problem at all, I reckon it could be Adam...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Have missed the last few days but I think Laurel leaving Ashley to get a pillow was a poor end to the story, there was no need for it.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Have missed the last few days but I think Laurel leaving Ashley to get a pillow was a poor end to the story, there was no need for it.

I know I couldn't understand why she went to get pillows, I was like no he's going to die, did she run upstairs to compose herself or what or was overwhelmed by the situation..,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You don't think rationally when in that situation at all. He woke up, you cling to whatever hope however false that this is good, this means things will be okay, let me fix this, let me make you comfortable, you're going to be okay but you know they're not. It's a nervous thing, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

I actually thought it was a good touch from a dramatic perspective. Reminded me of an old Laurence Olivier movie. She could have held his hand as he died and yes that would have worked but it just made it a bit different.

Advertisement