Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You don't think rationally when in that situation at all. He woke up, you cling to whatever hope however false that this is good, this means things will be okay, let me fix this, let me make you comfortable, you're going to be okay but you know they're not. It's a nervous thing, I think.

Totally agree , you want to try make them as comfortable as possible , and for that split moment in time , you (may) forget they are dying , I still thought it was a beautiful ending though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,536 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ross clever spotting an opportunity for cash by blackmail :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Richi absolute asshole...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

fin12 wrote: »
    Richi absolute asshole...

He looked like he was in an audition for a Yasser Arafat biopic.

I think ultimately Faith will end up with Eric Pollard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ross clever spotting an opportunity for cash by blackmail :p

Was so stupid, all he had to say was she told him she was getting an abortion and he went to stop her and that's what they were arguing about...but then they couldn't reuse a blackmail storyline :rolleyes:

I just can't see Ashley as a rocker, moshing to Highway to Hell :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think ultimately Faith will end up with Eric Pollard

Definitely. She is going to be the new Val.

gazzer wrote: »
    Definitely. She is going to be the new Val.

My £100 on Val to come back is looking shakey. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Such bull**** regarding Ashley.

It wasn't long ago the village cast him out, like a leper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What utter rubbish!
    Laurel talking to the TV! How to ruin a good story in 15 minutes.

Agreed... A great ending out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

What utter rubbish!
    Laurel talking to the TV! How to ruin a good story in 15 minutes.
    Yea, totally maudlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Arthur is such a sweet child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

am i the only one that welled up at ashley coming back in the dream and they chatting away like old times... god am i that much of a sop

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

am i the only one that welled up at ashley coming back in the dream and they chatting away like old times... god am i that much of a sop

Nope , I thought it was lovely too ! It gave them a chance to say good bye , how many times do people wish those they loved came to them in a dream ?

Anyhow , I enjoyed it and it was nice to see Ashley being himself again !

I am tolerating Doug more now :o did Laurel drink the booze?

No mention of Ashley's brother or niece

Anyone else think the video of Emma tricking Ashley might have been played tonight

Emma acting all nice to Charity who looked puzzled :P

Finn is back but did he get a didgeridooing in Oz :P

Ashley appearing on the telly was straight out of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes

Bit too much in honest

Ashley appearing on the telly was straight out of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes

Bit too much in honest

I don't like when they do that in soaps when the dead person comes back as a ghost in whatever form, I think they did they same with Val.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

That was the worst 15 mins of any TV show I've ever seen.
    Emmerdale don't usually get it spectacularly wrong but that was beyond bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I thought it was a bit naf at first also with Ashley on the tv scene. I now think it worked quite well. Nothing wrong with a dream scene and more realistic than coming back as a ghost. It also gave some credit to the character and gave everyone one last chance to see and remember the character as he was prior to the dementia. We have all had dreams over lost loved ones, whether that refers to someone passing or even a relationship that was good and ended up not working out. Ashley was a well loved character and it was a lovely tribute to him to allow us see him as himself again. And if the dream scene was the only way to do this, then what harm? I for one found it emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought they were almost ripping themselves off with what they did with Vals message to Eric.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Just learned on Fifteen to One that Emily Head (Rebecca, Chrissie's sister) is the real life daughter of Anthony Stewart Head, aka Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I love this kind of trivia. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

ShazGV wrote: »
    Just learned on Fifteen to One that Emily Head (Rebecca, Chrissie's sister) is the real life daughter of Anthony Stewart Head, aka Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I love this kind of trivia. :D

I always had it in my head that Rebecca (didnt know the actresses name in real life) was Greg Davies daughter (Mr Gilbert from the Inbetweeners!!) Dont ask me where I got that from, but when I saw this post I had to google him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ShazGV wrote: »
    Do you like my musk, it raises the dead?

I'm sure Cain has many places to hide stolen goods than the church

buswankers wrote: »
    I always had it in my head that Rebecca (didnt know the actresses name in real life) was Greg Davies daughter (Mr Gilbert from the Inbetweeners!!) Dont ask me where I got that from, but when I saw this post I had to google him :eek:

Her real life dad actually played Wills dad in the inbetweeners movie (cant remember which one)

I can't for the life of me believe that Cain fancies Harriett. There is definitely an ulterior motive behind this....

fin12 wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me believe that Cain fancies Harriett. There is definitely an ulterior motive behind this....

Bit of an ego drive i suppose the bad boy seducing the woman of god...i dunno just throwing it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Loved the scene with Gabby and Arthur as she was leaving this evening ... I was nearly in tears again.

Advertisement