Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Hopefully they'll help her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I think Marlon and Vanessa will make a mess of if but my money's on Pierce's mother eventually seeing the light and hanging him out to dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Actress playing Vanessa has split with her wife already.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I think Marlon and Vanessa will make a mess of if but my money's on Pierce's mother eventually seeing the light and hanging him out to dry

Vanessa cocked it right up, defo think Pierce's mammy will have to tell the truth about him being a serial rapist

LOL'D at Gerry spiking Lachlan with laxatives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Gerry gives me the creeps. What was he in prison for?

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    Gerry gives me the creeps. What was he in prison for?

I like him, I think he is funny

I keep screaming at the telly for Pierce's mother to speak out, I want justice for Rhona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

I was shouting at the telly too for Pierce's mam to speak up! Hopefully, she will before the jury retire.

I don't find Gerry funny - he is creepy. Delighted Lachlan told him to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Pierce will get done for rape...there would be absolute uproar if a soap was to show someone getting away with domestic abuse and rape.

Pierce will get done for rape...there would be absolute uproar if a soap was to show someone getting away with domestic abuse and rape.

Dean got off in Eastenders, Lisa's rapist chuckle brother fella got off in Emmerdale and I'd say they could be more

I do think Pierce will be sent down though

I'm going not guilty... It'll go on a bit longer. Might end up in a showdown with Marloon and a meat cleaver or Harry Hill and a cattle prod.

• Advertisement

I've forgotten poor Lisa went through the same thing a few years back. Love that bit at the end
    showing the big coward afraid to go into his cell

Yay delighted for Rhona, so well acted by all

I suppose Pierce will break out of prison at some stage. :rolleyes:
    Prison Walls made of biscuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thought Rhona staggering out of court was daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We all know what Pierce did so he got what he deserved, but on another note it shows how many innocent men go to prison for rape.
    Based on the evidence the jury had to decide on it's a shocking verdict, so much reasonable doubt.
    Rhona admitted on the stand that she indeed engaged with rough sex with Pierce that left bruises on her wrists, evidence also showed that Rhona did indeed move Paddy back in, complete with photographic evidence of the embrace by the window. What I'm saying is Pierces story adds up, and there was evidence to prove it. To convict on the evidence the jury heard in show was a real reflection of the reality some men have faced.

What gets me is there was no mention that it wasn't the first time he forced herself on her when she said no. Even the video she wasn't comfortable with and said no to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

We all know what Pierce did so he got what he deserved, but on another note it shows how many innocent men go to prison for rape.
    Based on the evidence the jury had to decide on it's a shocking verdict, so much reasonable doubt.
    Rhona admitted on the stand that she indeed engaged with rough sex with Pierce that left bruises on her wrists, evidence also showed that Rhona did indeed move Paddy back in, complete with photographic evidence of the embrace by the window. What I'm saying is Pierces story adds up, and there was evidence to prove it. To convict on the evidence the jury heard in show was a real reflection of the reality some men have faced.

However Pierce tripped up when he said that he went back to Rhona after the party and they argued. There was physical evidence that it was impossible for him to do that as Rhona had booked and got into a taxi before Pierce himself said he got back to the house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I think this storyline is less about the semantics of the case and more about the emotional side of it. So many storyline now have a rape theme and the person gets off with it. Didn't Lisa's rapist get away with what he did to her, though he was found guilty in the case of the other woman?

My take on it was the storyline, was more a celebration of all those people who speak out, who face humiliating facts being exposed about them and whofight on regardless.

When the verdict was read out I thought the reactions of all the characters was just so excellent!

Ross Barton may be drawn into his mum's dark secrets next week, after overhearing a very suspicious conversation.

Ross's mother Emma (Gillian Kearney) has already faced a difficult few weeks with Laurel Thomas on her case, but that could be nothing compared to dealing with probing questions from her bad boy son.

Next week's Emmerdale episodes see Laurel try a different tactic with Emma – apologising for her recent intrusive behaviour and promising to drop her public vendetta against her.

Laurel explains that while they both know the truth behind what's been going on, she's prepared to leave things as they are – although she also plays the religious card by preying on Emma's own guilt and conscience.

Stunned by what she's hearing from Laurel, an emotional Emma makes an incriminating remark before suddenly bursting into tears – but she's completely unaware that Ross is eavesdropping on the conversation.

As Ross is left to ponder over what he's heard, could the truth about James's death be about to come out? Could Ross now finish off what Laurel couldn't?

Oh my days. That Laurence/Chrissie/Lachlan family are the worst family to hit the Dales. I get the impression that none of the actors actually get along because they're trying so hard. Or else their scenes are so bad that they have to chop them to such an extent there's nothing but rubbish left. I cannot gel with them at all.

• Advertisement

Bob believe Laurel who you have known for years, Emma is unraveling and so unhinged

I can't wait for Whites to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭mengele

Emmerdale have got some use out of that van that the Dingles drive around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Home F**king Farm! I could not care less about one person living in that house. I'm sure I've said it before but they should throw open the doors as a home for over-actors. Laurence is bordering on the bizarre - he obvs went to the Dev Alahan school of acting along with his two daughters. Perhaps Sandy is a lecturer there :P

Good that Ronnie is gone too. It was very clear that neither was comfortable playing a gay character. Their hugs etc were always so awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

dear god everytime laurence is in a spot of bother he has a heart attack- god help if a spider jumped out at him hed prob spontaniusly combust

I cannot bear any more of them! Someone needs to tell Rebecca to stop blinking so blood much :mad:

ArBelle must have a motorbike. She was in Homefarm then cut to Zac decking Aaron for 25 seconds, back too't Woolie and ArBelle is at the bar 3/4 down a glass or orange juice.

FFS Emma better get caught out soon, not sure how but maybe she confesses to all her crimes

Was there some sexual tension between Ross and Laurel or do I just see sexual chemistry between Ross and everyone, such a charisma magnetic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I will be sorry to see Emma gone from Emmerdale. She is a super-villain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Well Sarah was right about Debbie she is so sour. I dont like her character at all.

Advertisement