Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has teased a special Christmas episode for on-off couple Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle.
    The popular pair have been apart since July, after Aaron struggled to come to terms with the fact that Rebecca White was carrying Robert's baby.
    However, it looks like a festive reunion could be on the cards, with Iain confirming that Robron will be taking centre stage in one of the "weirdest" episodes the show has ever done.
    Speaking at an Emmerdale press event today (September 28), Iain said: "Aaron is always involved in Robert's life. There is a big, big episode that will go out on Christmas Day that is more or less a Robron single-strander.
    "It is probably the weirdest episode we've ever done, and given we have done some pretty weird episodes, that's saying something. It's really out there and it is the episode I have been most nervous about since I started just because of how crackers it is.
    "But I think it's really entertaining and dramatic and it's got a surprise cameo in it. It is stylistically a bit weird and romantic – it's going to be great.

"I always view Aaron and Robert as being the opposite ends on a bit of elastic. At the moment, I think the elastic is stretched pretty tight and they are as far away from each other as I am comfortable with them getting. But the events of Christmas and New Year will bring them back together again."
    In even better news, Iain also confirmed that the highly-anticipated second Robron wedding is still on the cards for next year.
    When asked if Robert and Aaron could marry again, Iain said: "Definitely, yes. All I will say is that you might want to be careful where you book your summer holidays. Basically I am saying it's next summer."
    But it's not just Robert's reunion with Aaron that fans have to look forward to, as he is also about to go on a journey of redemption that will lead to some big character exits.
    Discussing the speculation surrounding the White family's departures, Iain said: "It emerges from what Robert is doing at the moment on screen. It will be big and dramatic and hopefully quite surprising and out of the blue.
    "It is part of an ultimate redemption story for Robert where he feels he has hit rock bottom in terms of all the things he's done over the years and determines to try to live differently and deal with things a bit differently."

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Locky getting around in 2nd episode tonight. He is down as Salon talking to his mum, then cuts to scene with him and robert at home farm, then in next clip he's at bells home, then straight after it cuts back to him and Robert at home farm again.

How great that the videos Ashley made work again and Emma's downfall has begun, go on Gabby

I liked the Liv, Aaron and Dingle scenes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

No one does a baddy like Emmerdale. Emma is just a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Weird that Gabby just sees her as someone who bullied her dad, not a murderer trying to cover her tracks. Weird, why didn't Gabby show the footage to police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Weird that Gabby just sees her as someone who bullied her dad, not a murderer trying to cover her tracks. Weird, why didn't Gabby show the footage to police.

Because that would be too easy and wouldn't make for such a good storyline !

Delighted Emma is starting to unravel , Gabby quite evil and cunning in her own way , tormenting her the way she did . And Arthur is a great little character !

Can't wait for it all to finally come out :D

What has Emma done to Finn, will he ever get to tell Ross and Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I feel so sorry for Arthur. He seems permanently stressed. In his young life he has had to contend with alcoholic mother, father with dementia, death, manipulation by a murderer and now a demented sister. Any day now he's gonna be in hospital with an ulcer from all the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

On the plus side in about 15 years time he'll be starring in Star Wars 38. :)

They made Zak likable again and back with Lisa where he belongs

Also disaster week is next week the spoilers are crazy

• Advertisement

I feel so sorry for Arthur. He seems permanently stressed. In his young life he has had to contend with alcoholic mother, father with dementia, death, manipulation by a murderer and now a demented sister. Any day now he's gonna be in hospital with an ulcer from all the stress.

Cracking little actor though, all the child actors on Emmerdale are great

Moira gives birth to a son Issac by Cain which Emma kidnaps, Emma then kills herself by jumping off a bridge or viaduct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Did Moira just say "you got me in the baby"? Or am I just hearing things? :pac:

I thought she said I'm having a baby... Emmerdale and guns again. I don't think anybody took the shotgun away from being closed, ready to fire and propped up on the truck.

I thought she said I'm having a baby too

To be fair it's some cliffhanger. Not going near any spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

That image of Emma with the fire and the pitchfork was very well done. I half expected her to grow horns and a tail !

You'd think they'd have an extra episode this week but even on Thursday only one at 7pm because of the football.

ShazGV wrote: »
    Did Moira just say "you got me in the baby"? Or am I just hearing things? :pac:

I think Moira said help me I think I'm having a baby, waters must have broken and Moira has had 3 kids already, roll on tomorrow night

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Moira said help me I think I'm having a baby, waters must have broken and Moira has had 3 kids already, roll on tomorrow night

Whose baby is it?

Whose baby is it?

Cain or Pete I think hoping it is Cain

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I can't see her being anywhere near having her waters breaking. It looked more like she was hoping to get Emma to have pity on her and not be such a mad cow! :D

Every time there is something super bad happening in Emmerdale, there is always a stupid party or event where everyone else is having a great time. I hate this. It spoils the tension of the superbad thing IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Lesbian affair for
    Charity and Vanessa
    Could end up with some good comedy moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is that Emma one the world's worst actress??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pete better watch out. Emma wants the family set.

Got the husband/father dead
    Attempted with 2/3 sons

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is that Emma one the world's worst actress??

Gillian who plays Emma is amazing imho, plays bats crazy so well

I wonder is Adam going to go down for Finn's murder and why did Finn not go look for the police or Ross once he got out of the church :mad:

Did Adam not notice the baby on Moira :D

Drama have started showing old episodes of Casualty in the mornings. Tristan Gemmill and Georgia Taylor both doctors and Emma (Gillian K) is a nurse. I keep expecting her to throw out a bible verse. :)

I can't see her being anywhere near having her waters breaking. It looked more like she was hoping to get Emma to have pity on her and not be such a mad cow! :D

Seems it was waters breaking ;)

I wonder will Emma's other dastardly deeds i.e. making Chas think she had ptsd again be found out, Emma needs to make full confession as Finn a goner who can tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What the hell!!!! Finns murdered?!?!? Clicked in here to read more on the baby and find out finns murdered lord help us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭screamer

Getting ridiculous now how many times Emma has dodged fessing up.... The baby storyline was totally out of the blue I tuned in to see Emma telling Moira to push I thought what the feck...that's some strange way to deal with smoke inhalation...... Then I copied on she was in labour. Isn't the actor who plays Adam leaving? I thought so but maybe I'm wrong. Can see him getting the blame for shooting Finn as he poignantly picked up the gun after Emma had discharged it....

Advertisement