Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought the police would have taken the shotgun from the farm for testing as Finn's shooting now murder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought the police would have taken the shotgun from the farm for testing as Finn's shooting now murder

Moira has a few guns at the farm though. I suspect Emma will jump (or else she will be pushed). Each episode this week has began with her lying on the ground looking up at the sky and the last 2 eps has seen blood coming out of her nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Whole episode was hard to believe. Cain and Hairiass are ''away on holiday'' they see Emma and are wondering '' what is she doing here'' . Cain forgot wallet and wanted to go back, but Hairiass say no, can't go all the way back there. Then Finn walks out in front of them at Moira's farm.
    Finn dies but no one seems to give a dam, Victoria sheds a few tears and then is in room with Moira next scene looking happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Bartons are closing in on the King's title as the Dales most misfortunate family to be part of or get involved with.

RIP John, James, Holly, Finn, Moira's baby when she was first married to Cain, Alex, Mia Macey, Donna, did I miss anyone else ?

More bodies dropped in Emmerdale and yet that very small graveyard has stayed the same :rolleyes:

Didnt like that Finn anyway. Annoying character. Good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,639 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

*SPLAT* goes the psycho

Great to see Pete and Ross share a tender moment considering Pete once tried to bury Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

hold on there - was that a throw back moment? Ross pushed her?

LB6 wrote: »
    hold on there - was that a throw back moment? Ross pushed her?

Or Adam, Gabby, Moira, Cain, Harriet, Pete or anyone else missing acting weirdly or did Emma just jump

Who has Emma's written confession?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why won't Moira just tell the truth about the baby? Surely she can't say for sure who the dad is and should be organising for a DNA test.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Why won't Moira just tell the truth about the baby? Surely she can't say for sure who the dad is and should be organising for a DNA test.

To be fair Moira hasn't had much time to even bond with the child let alone anything else. She had barely a minute or 2 with him when Cain, Victoria , Adam etc all turned up and stood around the bed staring at her. Then the Bartons brothers appeared with news of Emma dying so it was hardly the time to start telling Pete he might not be the father... Cain will start asking questions though after a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I think the baby will head butt a doctor and someone will go "ay up!" and questions will be asked. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

More bodies dropped in Emmerdale and yet that very small graveyard has stayed the same :rolleyes:.

If things like the logistics of where all the bodies go, are causing you problems, then you probably shouldn't be watching soaps at all. :rolleyes:

Did Diane tell anyone that Finn was locked in the church so she let him out?

Did Ross find Emma's confession letter and follow her to the viaduct to confront her? I hope Ross did not push her

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I don't like that Emma died tbh . Would have preferred her to have to face them all , and Laurels wrath when she'd have found out .

Think Ross pushing her or whoever pushed her , was an easy way out .
    James off a bridge , her off the viaduct , meh :(

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't like that Emma died tbh . Would have preferred her to have to face them all , and Laurels wrath when she'd have found out .

Think Ross pushing her or whoever pushed her , was an easy way out .
    James off a bridge , her off the viaduct , meh :(

It was a bit of a cop out alright. She had caused pain to so many people but will never have to face them at all. Maybe her jumping was supposed to mimic what she did to James.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Laurel should have been around for that episode. Her reaction would have been classic. Did anyone find the note?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Radio5 wrote: »
    It was a bit of a cop out alright. She had caused pain to so many people but will never have to face them at all. Maybe her jumping was supposed to mimic what she did to James.

Oh I agree , I just thought it was too predictable , it's not as if she felt any remorse over killing James , so why would she feel the need to die in similar circumstances ?

I love Emmerdale , but her exit disappointed me to be honest .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Killing her off was a disappointing ending. Would have been better to send her back to the village or to a psychiatric assessment or something and let it all come out. I'd totally forgotten the stuff she did to Chas...would have been great to see her go loolaa and go round telling everyone what she did to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Didn't Vicar Harriet find the baby in the church so maybe she found the note / confession Emma left. When they were all wondering aloud about things in the Woolpack, Harriet gave them an earful and said Emma was ill. I'm guessing she has the note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Laurel should have been around for that episode. Her reaction would have been classic. Did anyone find the note?
    Alice1 wrote: »
    Didn't Vicar Harriet find the baby in the church so maybe she found the note / confession Emma left. When they were all wondering aloud about things in the Woolpack, Harriet gave them an earful and said Emma was ill. I'm guessing she has the note.

It looked to me like the note wasn't there when Harriet found the baby. It'll probably turn up at some point and implicate someone (or be used to frame them...?!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Perhaps Ross has the note. He was at the place where she jumped/was pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not a big fan of Emmerdale (I've said this before) but I still watch it.
    Have to say, as disappointed as I am with the fact Emma died, I do think Emmerdale stepped it up a notch this week and actually gave us good viewing.

I feel Emmerdale has lagged way behind Corrie and Eastenders for a couple of years now; with no real storylines, no juicy twists or edge-of-your-seat moments (except for when Holly Barton died; that WAS unexpected), so this week has been unmissable, in my opinion.

They should keep it up. I actually looked forward to watching it for once.
    I am dreading Chas coming back though; cannot stand her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It was actually great having a break from Aaron. The most miserable character ever.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of Emmerdale (I've said this before) but I still watch it.
    Have to say, as disappointed as I am with the fact Emma died, I do think Emmerdale stepped it up a notch this week and actually gave us good viewing.

I feel Emmerdale has lagged way behind Corrie and Eastenders for a couple of years now; with no real storylines, no juicy twists or edge-of-your-seat moments (except for when Holly Barton died; that WAS unexpected), so this week has been unmissable, in my opinion.

They should keep it up. I actually looked forward to watching it for once.
    I am dreading Chas coming back though; cannot stand her.

Speaking of Holly, I was full sure Emma had something to do with her death. The tin foil floating away and the open window. But seemingly not!

It was actually great having a break from Aaron. The most miserable character ever.

Oh absolutely!
    And Debbie.
    I mean, are these characters destined to NEVER smile or be happy?
    It's pretty miserable viewing.

Speaking of Holly, I was full sure Emma had something to do with her death. The tin foil floating away and the open window. But seemingly not!

Really? I'd never suspected Emma had anything to do with Holly's death myself.
    I do think it's a shame she died though and Laurel can't have her moment of glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Isn't it about time the writers cut him some slack though? I mean jesus the number of things he's been through all these years, surely he's entitled to a bit of a break for crying out loud? I know it's a soap and all but come on.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Really? I'd never suspected Emma had anything to do with Holly's death myself.
    I do think it's a shame she died though and Laurel can't have her moment of glory.

Obviously my suspicions were wrong :pac: But I thought when they focused on the window and there was something with the tin foil that I can't remember. But I thought they would link Emma to it.

I agree about Laurel and Emma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Would someone please tell them in Emmerdale how to pronounce Úna properly - it's nothing like E-U-NAA!

Advertisement