Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

You-nah O'Rahilly withe red hair and freckles and a Catholic into the bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh absolutely!
    And Debbie.
    I mean, are these characters destined to NEVER smile or be happy?
    It's pretty miserable viewing.

Where is Debbie and the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Why is Ross telling his son that 'Grandma' is dead? Emma always called herself 'Nana'!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Why is Ross telling his son that 'Grandma' is dead? Emma always called herself 'Nana'!!

Nevermind the fact the kid didn't look old enough to know what the hell he was talking about. That was a cringy scene.

Why is Pete sticking up for Emma all of a sudden? Didn't he hate her?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Think he's just angry and lashing out at anyone and everyone tbh.

• Advertisement

Does Pete know more perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Nevermind the fact the kid didn't look old enough to know what the hell he was talking about. That was a cringy scene.

Why is Pete sticking up for Emma all of a sudden? Didn't he hate her?

Felt like Ross was talking to thin air - Moses was only interested in his toy! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Pete is a terrible actor. There is no point to his character, she should have shot him instead of Finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Pete is a terrible actor. There is no point to his character, she should have shot him instead of Finn.

This times a million.
    Hateful character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

jaxxx wrote: »
    Isn't it about time the writers cut him some slack though? I mean jesus the number of things he's been through all these years, surely he's entitled to a bit of a break for crying out loud?I know it's a soap and all but come on.

Crying is what he does best! :D
    He must be bloody exhausted from all the crying he has had to do over the last few years.

• Advertisement

Cain having afternoon tea :rolleyes:

I just wanna hug Ross :( he has no one, he is not close to Moira and Adam, no mates (only Debbie) Pete seems to be blaming him

I wonder will nana Barton show up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I just wanna hug Ross :( he has no one, he is not close to Moira and Adam, no mates (only Debbie) Pete seems to be blaming him

She's missed her 2 sons and grandaughter's funerals. It would be strange if she appeared now.

Wasn't Finn the one who was keen to track Emma down in the first place? Ironic that she killed him in the end.

Pete is a moany pain. They should have left killed off him and Debbie at their wedding or else left them stay together so they could go away and be moany somewhere else. Preferably North Korea. :)

I think Pete has Emma's note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I wonder if they're going down the asexual route with Liv?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I'd say you would do a lot more than hug if you could :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

ShazGV wrote: »

Yeah I think that is what is going to happen. Dont think that has ever been done on a soap before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Really good episode last night. Poor Ross. That scene with him and Finn's coffin was so sad. Eric's scene was heartbreaking also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What was Ross burning? Seemed like he was burning Emma's stuff?

ShazGV wrote: »

The poor girl has barely hit puberty. Surely they could use an older actor for this storyline. Not saying that kids that age arent asexual but id imagine it would have to be a longer played out storyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The poor girl has barely hit puberty. Surely they could use an older actor for this storyline. Not saying that kids that age arent asexual but id imagine it would have to be a longer played out storyline

I'm wondering is it because of the abuse her and Aaron suffered from their Dad that has just made her wary/ not wanting to be attracted to or be attractive to , anyone ?

Which if it was , I think it's a good thing , as it would show that you just don't "suddenly" get over the abuse , that it has long lasting effects on a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Ross is likeable, he's like a mini-Cain but kind of a loveable idiot at the same time. Pete is just an twit. Why couldn't they have killed him off instead of Finn. Pfft.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm wondering is it because of the abuse her and Aaron suffered from their Dad that has just made her wary/ not wanting to be attracted to or be attractive to , anyone ?

Which if it was , I think it's a good thing , as it would show that you just don't "suddenly" get over the abuse , that it has long lasting effects on a person.

Liv was not abused only Aaron by Gordon

Liv was not abused only Aaron by Gordon

I didn't mean sexual abuse in Livs case , that's why I just said abuse , as I think psychological abuse isn't as easy to heal from either tbh .

I didn't mean sexual abuse in Livs case , that's why I just said abuse , as I think psychological abuse isn't as easy to heal from either tbh .

I was under the impression Liv had not much contact with Gordon so I don't think she suffered any abuse but I could be wrong :o

I was under the impression Liv had not much contact with Gordon so I don't think she suffered any abuse but I could be wrong :o

Nope , I think you're right :)

But the way he was emotionally ill treating Liv , to get her to turn against Aaron , counts as psychological abuse , imo anyway ?

Am open to correction here !

Nope , I think you're right :)

But the way he was emotionally ill treating Liv , to get her to turn against Aaron , counts as psychological abuse , imo anyway ?

Am open to correction here !

He was a nasty vile piece of work

He was a nasty vile piece of work

Lordie yes he was , excellent character and really well portrayed , great stroyline for Emmerdale to take on in such a brilliantly , sensitive way I thought .

And I love the way the after effects of whatever topic they take on , pop up when you least expect it again , great continuity :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Where was David for Finn's funeral..
    Who was minding mosses when charity spent the night in the cellar.
    I wanted Eric to offer to pay for the funeral.

• Advertisement

littelady wrote: »
    Where was David for Finn's funeral..
    Who was minding mosses when charity spent the night in the cellar.
    I wanted Eric to offer to pay for the funeral.

Moses was with Lisa while Johnny was with Rhona

If Emma was pushed, Ross would have seen who was on the viaduct with her as he was there

Advertisement