Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

Graham knows what to do in every single situation it would seem. People knocking down a house with kids in it, Acid Attacks....... He's more useful to have around then even Chuck Norris

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Emmerdale never fails in tackling the hard storylines , gruesome as they may be at times :(

This story is getting slammed a lot but at least it shows people what to do in the aftermath of an attack!

Yes it is very handy to know to be fair but your depending on having a water supply readily available and even at that it burns through the skin rapidly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,558 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes it is very handy to know to be fair but your depending on having a water supply readily available and even at that it burns through the skin rapidly :(

It's still helpful to know to remove the clothes and what you should do. I only know because I was it on This Morning. The other people with me had no idea what to do.

It's still helpful to know to remove the clothes and what you should do. I only know because I was it on This Morning. The other people with me had no idea what to do.

Oh dont get me wrong i agree absolutely 100% with you. If its possible to access water then its very handy to know this procedure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Very very nasty but i salute Emmerdale for doing it this vile act needs to be highlighted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jesus twitter is over reacting. Complaining about them showing an acid attack before the watershed...they've shown worse. Rhona's rape scenes were probably the worst thing I've seen on 'before the watershed' tv.

Mutant z wrote: »
    Very very nasty but i salute Emmerdale for doing it this vile act needs to be highlighted.

The sad thing is tough Debbie will probably wiggle out of all involvement and come across as the victim!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Jesus twitter is over reacting. Complaining about them showing an acid attack before the watershed...they've shown worse. Rhona's rape scenes were probably the worst thing I've seen on 'before the watershed' tv.

FFS didn't Eastenders show Ian topless and in y fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Graham knows what to do in every single situation it would seem. People knocking down a house with kids in it, Acid Attacks....... He's more useful to have around then even Chuck Norris

I think he is based on the star character in an series called get smart but without the comedy.:)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Adams

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its not real

Get away! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You'd think Lachlan would have a better car than a Fiesta that's at least 16 years old!

Is that Belle's car?

We live in a world of snowflakes where they think if it doesnt happen on tv, then it wont happen in real life. Life follows art as opposed to the other way round. I cant imagine that the general public influences the show that much. If it did the storylines and acting might be better. Its all media driven nonsense by rubbish newspapers who overreact to absolutely everything.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that Belle's car?

No idea!

I think Ross will get addicted to drugs for the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think this was really well done and eye opening for people as well as awareness raising for what to do in the event of an acid attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thought Ross would be older than 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Ross will get addicted to drugs for the pain

Will they do that storyline again though? It isnt that long since they did it with Rhona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Debbie really needs to invest in something to tie back her hair.

How does she manage to work on a car engine when her hair is falling in around her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Betcha anything he will hook up with Debbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wonder will this irish actor be playing the
    son that Charity gave up for adoption when she was a teenager? I remember reading an article before Christmas that he was due to come into it

If Debbie chopped off a very important body part belonging to Cain she'd run of to him to cover it up and he'd probably agree.

gazzer wrote: »
    I wonder will this irish actor be playing the
    son that Charity gave up for adoption when she was a teenager? I remember reading an article before Christmas that he was due to come into it

Yes was also thinking
    Charity's son

Bunch of saddo’s Complained to Ofcom about the acid atrack storyline

It’s a soap they tackle real lives real stories

If you don’t like it switch the channel and the same people who we’re outragged on Thursday night still watched on Friday to complain even more

If you don’t like it switch the channel and the same people who we’re outragged on Thursday night still watched on Friday to complain even more

I get very tired of people complaining about soaps to ofcom. The often say think of the children but I honestly think if your kids are so sensitive or decide to copy the characters actions they shouldn't be watching them in the first place.

I half wonder at this stage if the papers play silly buggers with these complaints? Probably a handful of people complained and under normal circumstances not worth worrying about but the gutter journalists get wind of it and create a storm in a tea cup.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I had no wish to watch the attack, or the aftermath where the makeup department might show half his face melted off. I'll switch back in in a week or so...if the make up is grand...I'll I'll come back to it. Otherwise I'll just wait till they take it down a bit like they tend to do in soaps. Nothing snowflakey..well maybe a little. But I'm eating me dinner at the same time and don't want to be grossed out while doing so .

I haven't complained about it to the powers that be. It's just a story line that isn't for me so I'll wait till it passes. Not all storylines appeal to every one and there's nothing wrong with not liking one, just the reporting of it perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Eating your dinner would not be a problem - it just looked like he had tomato ketchup smeared over half his face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It looked pretty similar to someone getting a bad gash on their leg or arm from falling on the ground.

Advertisement