Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Think they said her medication? Hopefully someone can confirm /correct.

It was indeed her medication , you are correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flo09

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emma playing a blinder with the storyline

I like Charity and Vanessa more and more now and also Ross and Rebecca again too

Ive missed a load of eps. what was the deal with charity while watching the news piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

flo09 wrote: »
    Ive missed a load of eps. what was the deal with charity while watching the news piece.

The dectective /cop who was being interviewed on the news raped her when she was 14 years old and a few years ago blackmailed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,522 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charity's other child, the son is younger than Debbie and is he from that rapist Detective?

I can see Noah wanting to live with TomJoe

Charity's other child, the son is younger than Debbie and is he from that rapist Detective?

I was wondering the same thing after tonights episode ?
    The Detective must be the father and that's why this is hitting her so hard ?

I hope Vanessa doesn't give up on her though ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

But the child would have to be older than Debbie because she mentioned living on the streets after giving up Debbie. I thought she always said she had Debbie when she was 13.

fin12 wrote: »
    But the child would have to be older than Debbie because she mentioned living on the streets after giving up Debbie. I thought she always said she had Debbie when she was 13.

Just looked on Fandom , (?) , her children are listed as :
    Debbie .
    A Son ,
    Noah ,
    Moses .
    It says she was thrown out by her parents after having Debbie , lived on the streets, turned to prostitution , arrested by Detective Whatshisname , who then befriends her, sets her up in a flat and rapes her on her first night there .

She reported him to the Police but wasn't believed , although his wife then left him .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Debbie .
    A Son ,
    Noah ,
    Moses .
    It says she was thrown out by her parents after having Debbie , lived on the streets, turned to prostitution , arrested by Detective Whatshisname , who then befriends her, sets her up in a flat and rapes her on her first night there .

She reported him to the Police but wasn't believed , although his wife then left him .

What age is DI Bails compared to Charity

th?id=OIF.bILSuHZh4JpyC3LK4d1tZw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=329&h=186

Was Cain underage when he and Charity did the deed to produce Debbie?

What age is DI Bails compared to Charity

th?id=OIF.bILSuHZh4JpyC3LK4d1tZw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=329&h=186

Was Cain underage when he and Charity did the deed to produce Debbie?

Cain was 14 when he got with Charity .
    Haven't a clue about DI Balls .

Thanks for telling me his name though :D

And wasn't he in Emmerdale a few years ago also ?
    Was it to do with Charity and Declan ?

Cain was 14 when he got with Charity .
    Haven't a clue about DI Balls .

Thanks for telling me his name though :D

And wasn't he in Emmerdale a few years ago also ?
    Was it to do with Charity and Declan ?

Yes he sent Charity to prison for the Home Farm fire, he wanted help from Pete and Debbie as Pete was caught selling drugs

• Advertisement

Yes he sent Charity to prison for the Home Farm fire, he wanted help from Pete and Debbie as Pete was caught selling drugs

Can't find anything about how old he is tbh , maybe he was a young copper when he met Charity on the streets , easy to groom her then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't find anything about how old he is tbh , maybe he was a young copper when he met Charity on the streets , easy to groom her then :(

Charity mentioned when she was telling Vanessa that when he was grooming her Bails wasn't much older than a kid himself at the time... So presumably he was in his early 20s and only a rookie cop when Charity was 13/14 and the rape happened...

Charity is supposedly 42 now (or thereabouts), so that puts Bails in his early 50s, which would make sense...

Hopefully Emma Atkins wins Best Actress at the British Soap Awards - she definitely deserves it. (The voting for that is open at the moment by the way for Best Actess, Best Actor and Best Soap... I'm hoping Emma Atkins, Mike Parr (Ross), and Emmerdale win respectively.)

Charity mentioned when she was telling Vanessa that when he was grooming her Bails wasn't much older than a kid himself at the time... So presumably he was in his early 20s and only a rookie cop when Charity was 13/14 and the rape happened...

Charity is supposedly 42 now (or thereabouts), so that puts Bails in his early 50s, which would make sense...

Hopefully Emma Atkins wins Best Actress at the British Soap Awards - she definitely deserves it. (The voting for that is open at the moment by the way for Best Actess, Best Actor and Best Soap... I'm hoping Emma Atkins, Mike Parr (Ross), and Emmerdale win respectively.)

That's what I was thinking , about his age , but you said it a lot clearer than I did !

And yes , both Emma and Mike deserve to win . Both of them delivering powerful performances in gritty , hard hitting storylines .
    Emmerdale leading the way again with the way they sensitively handle the tough topics I think .

That's what I was thinking , about his age , but you said it a lot clearer than I did !

And yes , both Emma and Mike deserve to win . Both of them delivering powerful performances in gritty , hard hitting storylines .
    Emmerdale leading the way again with the way they sensitively handle the tough topics I think .

It is hands down the best soap, miles ahead of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

It is hands down the best soap, miles ahead of the others

This! Will never get over that episode with Ashley wondering off and all the locals being played by other actors. "Ashley's point of view" or something, it was called.
    Absolute masterpiece!

Debbie .
    A Son ,
    Noah ,
    Moses .

OMG but what if Gerry is Charity's son, he already acts like a Dingle

Good Lordie Liz., I think you may be right !!

Too funny :D

Charity story is so good she’s an amazing actress, really wish they didn’t make Chaz pregnant though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I thought this would be a bit too similar to how Debbie showed up in the village and turned out to be Charity's but I was just reading a thing from late last year that suggested Charity was set to be unknowingly reunited with her son after he shows up in the village!

I'm going to be horrifically disappointed now if it's not Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is Gerry not supposed to be late teens/early 20s circa Belle/Locky age. Wild guess on my part,the son will be Simon(drug dealer/acid man),purely on age profile 27/28/29

• Advertisement

Is Gerry not supposed to be late teens/early 20s circa Belle/Locky age. Wild guess on my part,the son will be Simon(drug dealer/acid man),purely on age profile 27/28/29

Yeah, the ages don't seem to match at all. Shame. Possible that the son hasn't been introduced yet. Every new male character for the next few months will be examined for Dingle like behaviour.

The son is just a bit younger than Debbie, maybe 1 or 2 years I think

The son is just a bit younger than Debbie, maybe 1 or 2 years I think

Be gas if it turned out to be Joe Tate :D
    I'm pretty sure he was born on screen but still, stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think it will be better if it is not someone we already know as that happened with Debbie. Also happened with Tracy and Vanessa turning out to be sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So Charity had 2 sprogs b4 she was 15?,lying in her back must be a life long addiction,rape excluded

Not here for Joe messing with Liv. He can do what he likes to the rest of them but even his beautiful face won't be enough for me to forgive him if Liv goes down.

So Charity had 2 sprogs b4 she was 15?,lying in her back must be a life long addiction,rape excluded

Sometimes , abuse victims feel worthless , that they're just for someone else's pleasure to use at they see fit ..
    I don't think of that as an addiction tbh .

How many Dingles has Paddy wed now with Chas his 3rd, Mandy and Emily?

I know Emily was Butch's ex but still a Dingle and I think Paddy is always seen as a honorary Dingle

I am not a fan of Chas and Paddy, they are better as friends

How many Dingles has Paddy wed now with Chas his 3rd, Mandy and Emily?

I know Emily was Butch's ex but still a Dingle and I think Paddy is always seen as a honorary Dingle

I am not a fan of Chas and Paddy, they are better as friends

Ah , I don't mind Chas and Paddy to be honest . They bounce off each other in the same way Paddy does with Marlon I think .

But Emmerdale always has odd couplings I think though , look at Bernice and Daz :D

• Advertisement

I'm still catching up on some storylines from the last year or so and I have to say I absolutely love Charity and Vanessa. It seems to have come completely out of the blue but works so well. Reading back through this thread it seems some posters hated it at the start but I must say I found a lot of it hilarious and then quite sweet. Charity fast becoming one of my favourite characters, which I didn't see coming.

Advertisement