Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Zach going on about family, there he was shacked up with his floozy not so long ago!

And then all...She doesn't care about me.
    ....boohoo ...eh...you more or less told her to get lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I wonder what Jessie's secret is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I wonder what Jessie's secret is...

From what I've seen and heard I'm gonna guess she's a lesbian,chronic shortage of them in emmerdale:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Would Brenda ever seriously just F off. Has got to be one of the most annoying and worthless characters in a soap opera EVER. FFS they kill off likeable characters like Finn yet leave rotten trolls like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

jaxxx wrote: »
    Would Brenda ever seriously just F off. Has got to be one of the most annoying and worthless characters in a soap opera EVER. FFS they kill off likeable characters like Finn yet leave rotten trolls like her.
    Love Brenda. Brilliant actress. Has done loads of acting. Not just stuck in emmerdale from day one like some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jaxxx wrote: »

The actress who plays Brenda is married to Eric Pollard actor so doubt she will be going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Think it would have been a far more interesting twist if Joe had helped Liv instead. A lot of what he's done so far has been fairly small time, in that everyone can recover again pretty easily, in fact most of them have already. Sending a child to prison is just a full on dick move. If they're planning on having Joe stick around and not just be a pantomime villain then they're going to have their work cut out for them now.
    I know Isobel Steele is probably off doing exams so had to be written out for a bit but even having Joe attempt to help her would have been an interesting character development.

She sent herself to prison and she’s lucky she didn’t have a death on her conscience. What exactly would she have learned if she just got a slap on the wrist? It’s just a pity that Gabby one wasn’t joining her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    She sent herself to prison and she’s lucky she didn’t have a death on her conscience. What exactly would she have learned if she just got a slap on the wrist? It’s just a pity that Gabby one wasn’t joining her.

Personally I think she had already learned her lesson, the guilt of what she did to Lisa and the knock on strife it caused with the Dingles was overwhelming for her. Also the pure fear of going to prison seemed genuinely to have got to her. Sending her to prison is probably going to have the opposite effect.

Personally I think she had already learned her lesson, the guilt of what she did to Lisa and the knock on strife it caused with the Dingles was overwhelming for her. Also the pure fear of going to prison seemed genuinely to have got to her. Sending her to prison is probably going to have the opposite effect.

So if someone spiked your drink and you ended up getting a heart Atack and nearly dying, you would be ok with them just getting a slap on the wrist. She’s being getting into trouble for a long time and I can’t see that changing any time soon especially when she has Aaron Dingle as a guardian.

The Dingles were all for Gabby to be sent down if she was the one who spiked Lisa’s drink but the minute they found out it was Liv, different rules apply. To be honest any child born into that family doesn’t have much of a chance with the morals they have.

Arthur heard, what will he do

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    So if someone spiked your drink and you ended up getting a heart Atack and nearly dying, you would be ok with them just getting a slap on the wrist. She’s being getting into trouble for a long time and I can’t see that changing any time soon especially when she has Aaron Dingle as a guardian.

The Dingles were all for Gabby to be sent down if she was the one who spiked Lisa’s drink but the minute they found out it was Liv, different rules apply. To be honest any child born into that family doesn’t have much of a chance with the morals they have.

Look, it's a soap, I'm only going off what we see on screen. My initial point in the post you quoted was that from a story telling point of view it would have been far more interesting to see TomJoe do something like help Liv rather than more of the same with his mustache twirling schemes.

Again, in regards to what we see on screen, I feel Liv had learned her lesson but from a story telling point of view it makes sense to have her do time because it opens up a variety of future storylines.

So Lydia has moved in with Sam to help now Lisa is gone because two grown men and an 18/19 year old can't look after them selves and a few pigs? That said, their hovel might actually get a clean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,919 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Great scenes with Arthur tonight I thought .

Pretty dull week all round, I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I really like Arthur, great wee actor playing him. His scenes with Ashley were heartbreaking.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I really like Arthur, great wee actor playing him. His scenes with Ashley were heartbreaking.

All the young cast are really good, even little Moses was acting up a storm last night.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

He’s been through a lot at such at young age.

Once again I'll say it Bob, Brenda & Laurel a snooze fest only redeeming factor is Arthur acting

Ali dies and Daz reveals a secret, did he sleep with Ali and father one of Dan's kids

• Advertisement

That's the 4th time in recent memory that someone's nicked drugs from that vets. Think they need a better security set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

That's the 4th time in recent memory that someone's nicked drugs from that vets. Think they need a better security set up.

Just a few cheap pop rivets holding it on!

I was hoping Doug would punch Bob

"Are you on drugs now?"

Jeez, you'd swear Ross was banging up on heroin or something.

Another f&cker after Ross now

Simon gets his money and guilty Debbie off

Debbie is such a pain. If she's so annoyed at Simon getting off there's one very easy way to see that he doesn't.

Speaking of... that Debbie and Joe scene came out of nowhere didn't it? Neither of them in the episode until that point and they're just mid conversation when it starts without any explanation of why she's there. Felt like there was either a cut scene or it was cut from yesterday's episode.

I am getting turned off Graham, why is he chasing after Megan and I thought he despised Simon for what he did

Speaking of... that Debbie and Joe scene came out of nowhere didn't it? Neither of them in the episode until that point and they're just mid conversation when it starts without any explanation of why she's there. Felt like there was either a cut scene or it was cut from yesterday's episode.

Yes it felt so odd didn’t it

• Advertisement

Are they back together or not?

I assume it was so "guilty" Debbie could see Simon get his 100k

Advertisement