Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watching Friday's episode and I find it hilarious how many people think the only reason Debbie pulled Joe from the water is because she loves him. Like, there's no other reason she would have pulled an unconscious man floating face down out of a pond. He was about a foot from the shore in about 2 feet of water, she didn't even get her hair wet. They're acting like she swam the channel to save him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,508 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Radio5 wrote: »
    Maybe they'll do a spinoff series where Charity travels to a small coastal village in Ireland to track down her mystery child..................:D:D

That Home Farm family didn't make too much of an impression really. The dad who was shot by his 2nd 'wife' was in the Colbys years ago, that's about all I remember about them.

Miles Colby killed by his wife from LA Law, they were the Wyldes, the son Nathan was an awful nasty prick, he blackmailed Leyla or Alicia for sex

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

He was Rex Manning in Empire Records too and was the male lead in Grease 2. Two iconic roles.

Ahh! Rex Manning in his leathers! Blast from the past!

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Ahh! Rex Manning in his leathers! Blast from the past!

Oh Rexy, you're so sexy.

Is Jane Cox who plays Lisa leaving for good?

Gerry should be scared if Lachlan knows he knows, he is a goner

• Advertisement

So did Lachlan literally cause the crash, like steered the car into traffic or something?

So did Lachlan literally cause the crash, like steered the car into traffic or something?

Yes I think he did, he pulled the wheel from Chrissie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I think he did, he pulled the wheel from Chrissie

I quite like Lachlan but that's based on maybe the last 2 months alone.

Gerry should be scared if Lachlan knows he knows, he is a goner

Spoiler for, I think, next week...
    There's an accident of some sort at the B&B and a village resident dies. Best guess is it's Gerry and it's not an accident.

Spoiler for, I think, next week...
    There's an accident of some sort at the B&B and a village resident dies. Best guess is it's Gerry and it's not an accident.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a856507/emmerdale-spoilers-shock-death-terrible-event/

Might be
    Doug or Diane, Gerry too obvious

• Advertisement

I think the B&B thing might be to throw us off. They've confirmed someone dies but it does seem a bit too obvious now.

Oh, what if it's
    Lachlan himself that ends up dead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Go on Charity!

Both of them played that out brilliantly. His 'oh sh*t' look was very realistic...and the snapshot back to his wife was almost her looking the same way, as if she already knows what he's like.

Good woman yourself, Charity. I didn't think the Bails thing would come out so soon. Usually soaps drag these things on and on. I'm sure it's not going to just be him arrested and sent down now but I'm surprised it came to a head as soon as it has.
    I had a good giggle at Vanessa trying to block the two police officers from getting to Charity, she's like 2ft tall but God loves a trier.

P.S. Who gives a flying fudge about Bob/Brenda/Laurel etc. etc. So annoying when the good stories are cut up by the nonsense ones. Like the episode where Charity was telling Vanessa about what happened to her and it was cut with Nicola desperately trying to get Jimmy to give her a good seeing to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

Nicola desperately trying to get Jimmy to give her a good seeing to.

Could you blame her?

composite-jimmy-king.jpg?strip=all&w=750&h=500&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I saw an advert with just Lochlann and Gerry in it. It doesn't look good.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I saw an advert with just Lochlann and Gerry in it. It doesn't look good.

I wonder if it's Lachlan rather than Gerry that gets it but they're trying to make it look like it's Gerry? Wishful thinking on my part, maybe.

Charity was a amazing last night

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Well that episode puts an end to our wondering who Charity's son could be .
    Wasn't expecting that if I'm honest :(

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Well that episode puts an end to our wondering who Charity's son could be .
    Wasn't expecting that if I'm honest :(

Charity thinks her baby was dead not breathing but I think he survived and is alive

It is good now too that Harriet can get involved and help Charity

I hope once Debbie and Noah discover what happened their mother, they will concentrate on her instead of Joe, helping her

Charity thinks her baby was dead not breathing but I think he survived and is alive

It is good now too that Harriet can get involved and help Charity

I hope once Debbie and Noah discover what happened their mother, they will concentrate on her instead of Joe, helping her

Ah , I just thought when she said they weren't going to dig him up to get dna from him , that she knew where he was buried tbh .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah , I just thought when she said they weren't going to dig him up to get dna from him , that she knew where he was buried tbh .

You could be right and I picked it up wrong :o

You could be right and I picked it up wrong :o

Nah , I was probably hearing things again !!

Charity baby dead?

Again, not to sound heartless but I was hoping the baby was dead. I hope there's not some dumb twist where he wasn't really dead and got given away to someone, or that Charity is lying about it. She did say she wasn't digging him up for this so I'm going to assume she's telling the truth. The thing about there being a big reveal in the flashback episode though makes me wonder.

EDIT: Also, can I just say.... f**k you, Meghan! The cheek of her having a go at Vanessa for not telling Tracy when she practically ended her relationship trying to protect her.

EDIT 2: How good was that cut from Noah saying Charity didn't care about any of her kids with the reveal that by the time she was 14 or 15 she had had two babies, both of whom were taken away from her in terrible ways. She was made give Debbie up without any warning and the second baby died before she could even bond with him. It's kind of a gut punch. Well done, Emmerdale writers, you got me sad here.

Ali lived and worked in Emmerdale but no one goes to her funeral only ex Dan and daughter Amelia

I wonder did Bails know about the baby and did he take him?

Either Debbie, Rebecca, Belle or Rhona will find out they are pregnant

Either Debbie, Rebecca, Belle or Rhona will find out they are pregnant

I bet it's
    Belle and it's Lachlan's but he's dead!

• Advertisement

Charity telling everyone else was a bit anticlimactic, wasn't it?

I know her telling Vanessa was the big emotional reveal and then again with Harriet yesterday but I would have expected a bit more from the rest of them. I know it's not the Charity show but I could have done with a lot less Bob and Brenda and a bit more of Chas, Debbie and all reacting.

Also, I hate that teacher woman that Marlon's drooling over, her singing was rubbish too.

Advertisement