Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Either Debbie, Rebecca, Belle or Rhona will find out they are pregnant
    Pity it's not Misty. Herself and Rodney have been getting plenty of time together lately and Nicola and Bernice would love another brother/sister

Also, I hate that teacher woman that Marlon's drooling over, her singing was rubbish too.

I can't stand her either. Although my hatred of her could be more to do with that whenever she's on screen, Marlon isn't too far behind. Dreadful character!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,510 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charity telling everyone else was a bit anticlimactic, wasn't it?

I know her telling Vanessa was the big emotional reveal and then again with Harriet yesterday but I would have expected a bit more from the rest of them. I know it's not the Charity show but I could have done with a lot less Bob and Brenda and a bit more of Chas, Debbie and all reacting.

Also, I hate that teacher woman that Marlon's drooling over, her singing was rubbish too.

Yes I wanted more Dingles around and why involve Joe

I really wish Bob and Laurel would f*ck off

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yes I wanted more Dingles around and why involve Joe

I really wish Bob and Laurel would f*ck off

I didn't mind them involving Joe, they're doing a half decent job of redeeming his character and Debbie and Noah are basically the only ones he interacts with. But yeah..... they could have reacted a bit more. I get that the main scene involved telling Noah so it makes sense that they didn't go into huge detail there but there was barely even a blink from the rest of them. Moira looked more pained by it than Chas or Cain did. They're basically being told that when she was a child Charity was repeatedly raped and passed around a group of men while being held captive in a room and there's no reaction? Even a scene later on of Cain and Moira discussing it themselves, or Debbie and Chas, or anyone and Vanessa who has been carrying it around with her for a few weeks now.

I get that it's a soap with a large cast and multiple stories and it airs pre watershed so there's only so much darkness they can do in an episode but it's very frustrating at times like this when things seem to happen off screen or not at all. And maybe I mentioned it but there was like a 5 minute breakup scene with Bob and Brenda after 10 minutes of a wedding and reception, none of which should have been happening at all because it made no sense! Screen time that could have been given to literally anyone else.

/End Rant

EDIT: Reading that back it actually makes sense that the other Dingles didn't react much because they consistently treat Charity like $hit.

It is a shame Lisa is gone, she could support and show compassion to Charity as a rape victim too, she was good with Rhona

• Advertisement

It is a shame Lisa is gone, she could some support and compassion to Charity as a rape victim too, she was good with Rhona

Exactly! It happens all the time on soaps but it's really annoying when people who should logically be involved in things are not.

Bob Brenda Laurel

(Yawn)

Who owns Laurel's house, did she buy it from Debbie or Whites?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is this mysterious death of a popular character this week ?
    They're good at surprising us , can't find a spoiler of who it is dammit :(

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Is this mysterious death of a popular character this week ?
    They're good at surprising us , can't find a spoiler of who it is dammit :(
    It's supposed to happen at the B&B isn't it. Jeff Hordley mentioned it's a much loved character so that surely rules out Doug and Gerry. I fear it's Diane or Eric

• Advertisement

Gerry is much loved.

I hope it is not Gerry

Dan is living in Bob's house, why can Bob not stay with him or at the B&B and what about his own kids, does he care about them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I'm sure the new sign is responsible

I'm sure the new sign is responsible

I know it's looking like that , butI don't want it to be Gerry or Douglas as that would be too predictable I think .

I don’t like Gerry

Gerry is much loved.

I'd prefer Gerry to Doug

If Doug dies it means loads more Laurel and Bob scenes, if Diane dies, Andy, Sharon and Paul would need to return

I'd prefer Gerry to Doug

If Doug dies it means loads more Laurel and Bob scenes, if Diane dies, Andy, Sharon and Paul would need to return

Isn't an old villager set to make a return soon also ?
    You may have a fair point with it being Diane if so ?

I'm just impatient but I love the way they can manage to keep the news from leaking out if I'm honest :o

Seems now like Charity's flashback episode is only half an hour but with ads it would only be about 22ish minutes so it feels like they're overselling it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Did anyone else google...how to murder someone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I hate that teacher woman that Marlon's drooling over, her singing was rubbish too.

It's crazy.
    Can you imagine him with a face full of chocolate sponge cake while she figures out what to do with his pencil .

• Advertisement

When did Arthur change his mind about Laurel and Bob :confused: did I miss an episode?

Big Vern wrote: »
    Did anyone else google...how to murder someone!!

How to get away with murder.... it’s a great tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Who would search for that!

I like Gerry in it, could develop his character a bit more....but will he last much longer!

Maybe Lachlan was looking for recaps or spoilers for the tv show :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Did he not use Belles tablet to google,

Maybe Lachlan was looking for recaps or spoilers for the tv show :p

Maybe he was googling about the season 5 renewal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Please let it be Lachlan not Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Gerry is pretty thick to be winding up someone who killed his family.

I hope there is a second collapse and it lands on Lachlans head and kills him .

Yes he's a great character , but how many young characters are going to end up killing (accidental or not) other people :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I prefer Lachlan over Gerry.

Advertisement