Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

Acid storyline is very good but Bob and Laurel is a snooze fest

They don’t work as as a couple

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Acid storyline is very good but Bob and Laurel is a snooze fest

They don’t work as as a couple

Arthur has been the only good thing about the Bob/Laurel storyline. His anger speaks for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    If Debbie feels so bad about the whole acid thing, why doesn’t she turn herself into the police, she’s some asshole.

I hope Pete shops her in but as Ross shot her no one will

Maybe it was Joe who shot her not Ross :p get rid of the two of them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah was obvious as the story went on that was where it was going to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was a big surprise at the end
    Far from being 6 feet under

• Advertisement

Young Charity looks the spit of Belle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Thought that as well, very like her. Good choice as young Charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Please please please let the
    baby have been adopted and grow up to be
    Joe Tate!!!!
    ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was thinking that as well. Who is charity's dad?

Was thinking that as well. Who is charity's dad?

http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Obadiah_Dingle

Obadiah Dingle is Zak's cousin and father of Charity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

banie01 wrote: »
    Please please please let the
    baby have been adopted and grow up to be
    Joe Tate!!!!
    ;)
    We saw Joe Tate being born though in 1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJWF1Z82Ew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Anyone notice how high pitched laurals VOICE is recently. ?

Meh, was really hoping the baby was dead. Now I'm hoping at the very least it's not someone that's already been introduced, which is what most people seem to think.

EDIT: Hang on, I've just seen a "spoiler" about her son and it's not any of the characters people were speculating on. Phew. And as there's already pictures of him in character they're obviously not going to drag the arse out of this secret.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/29/emmerdale-spoilers-charity-dingles-son-ryan-is-cast-as-she-gets-a-huge-shock-7587450/?ito=mweb.article.share.top.twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

fin12 wrote: »
    If Debbie feels so bad about the whole acid thing, why doesn’t she turn herself into the police, she’s some asshole.

Can't stand her, never could.....

Even though she did get shot, a huge part of me thinks she deserved it - and I'm totally non-violent.

Poor Ross..... :(

And even though Joe has done some dastardly things, I think she'll only bring him grief too.

Her boyfriends/fiances always seem to loose it one way or another over her.

Take Cameron, for example - who could ever believe that when first he arrived in the Dales as Debbie's new man (can't see the attraction, because she never even cracks a smile, the writers should actually put ''Debbie smiles widely into one of their scripts at some stage'') he semed perfectly normal.

Then he turns into a serial killer... She seems to have a bad effect on her fellas.

Pete is one of the most harmless characters on Emmerdale, yet he believed for a fair while that he'd killed his own brother over her affair with him, when the Barton bros - though very diffferent had always been close until that point.

And as for poor Ross, who I believe held a candle for her even when she go together with Joe, gets himself scarred for life with the acid which was intended for Joe (And Joe still got back with her after knowing all that) then driven out of his mind by the whole ordeal arms himself and shoots her - accidentally, of course, but the pre-Debbie Ross, though a bit of a bad boy, would never have done something like that!

If I were Joe I'd be careful.... Very careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Can't stand her, never could.....

Even though she did get shot, a huge part of me thinks she deserved it - and I'm totally non-violent.

Poor Ross..... :(

And even though Joe has done some dastardly things, I think she'll only bring him grief too.

Her boyfriends/fiances always seem to loose it one way or another over her.

Take Cameron, for example - who could ever believe that when first he arrived in the Dales as Debbie's new man (can't see the attraction, because she never even cracks a smile, the writers should actually put ''Debbie smiles widely into one of their scripts at some stage'') he semed perfectly normal.

Then he turns into a serial killer... She seems to have a bad effect on her fellas.

Pete is one of the most harmless characters on Emmerdale, yet he believed for a fair while that he'd killed his own brother over her affair with him, when the Barton bros - though very diffferent had always been close until that point.

And as for poor Ross, who I believe held a candle for her even when she go together with Joe, gets himself scarred for life with the acid which was intended for Joe (And Joe still got back with her after knowing all that) then driven out of his mind by the whole ordeal arms himself and shoots her - accidentally, of course, but the pre-Debbie Ross, though a bit of a bad boy, would never have done something like that!

If I were Joe I'd be careful.... Very careful!

Not to mention Andy. His life has never been a bundle of laughs but leaving aside their children, getting involved with Debbie didn't set him on the road to happiness in any way.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Not to mention Andy. His life has never been a bundle of laughs but leaving aside their children, getting involved with Debbie didn't set him on the road to happiness in any way.

Debbie doesn't even seem like she's any fun though. Charity had had her fair share of disasters when it comes to relationships but at least everyone has a bit of fun at the start. Debbie just seems miserable all the time.

Debbie doesn't even seem like she's any fun though. Charity had had her fair share of disasters when it comes to relationships but at least everyone has a bit of fun at the start. Debbie just seems miserable all the time.

Also Debbie's lesbian fling with Ashley's niece did not end well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Paddy & Marlon's bromance is probably my favourite soap coupling. I wish I had a friendship that good with someone.

I hope once Charity get's this baby thing sorted Vanessa will find her own long lost son. It's getting a tad ridiculous at this point, like the rest of her family were in the pub tonight, so where was Johnny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I hope once Charity get's this baby thing sorted Vanessa will find her own long lost son. It's getting a tad ridiculous at this point, like the rest of her family were in the pub tonight, so where was Johnny?

Honestly, it'd be so boring if every soap character constantly had to explain where their kids were every single time they're out and the kid isn't with them - it takes away from the story that's being told for us to hear that Rhona/other is looking after Johnny and if we had to hear something like that from every parent in the village every time their kid isn't with them, it could take up several minutes every episode. I'm capable of joining the dots in my own head to realise that Johnny is with some sort of babysitter - I don't care enough about him as a character to know who is looking after him and how they keep him entertained during that time. ;)

It's expensive to have child actors on set all the time and there's only a certain amount of time per week they're allowed to be on set even, which is why we don't see them for long periods, and I'd much rather see the likes of Arthur and others who can act than a toddler who adds nothing to the scene.

Just my own two cents on the matter of course, but I'd happily not see or hear about Johnny, Amba, Moses, Eliza, Carl, Dotty, Isaac, or Sebastian for several years until they've grown up and can actually do anything - I'll happily just assume they're somewhere until then. Kyle and Jack can probably go on that list too for another year or two. Basically anyone younger than Leo doesn't need to be seen or talked about unless relevant to a particular storyline.

^Well I was joking but having caught up on a lot of episodes through clips on Youtube I can say Vanessa and Johnny have shared screen time twice since October of last year and only one of those times he was actually with Vanessa. Moses has had a load of screen time with both Ross and Charity, then again he's a better actor than half the adult cast, Johnny obviously has no chops so they keep him locked away. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poor Chas :(:(

Maybe we will see Vanity and all their kids and grandkids on one big play date in the future :p

Maybe we will see Vanity and all their kids and grandkids on one big play date in the future :p

Have you been reading fan fiction ;)

Did Chas say Aaron was 27? So she had him around the same time Charity was locked up in Bails' flat and having her own baby? I assume Chas is a few years older than Charity then?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,554 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Have you been reading fan fiction ;)

Did Chas say Aaron was 27? So she had him around the same time Charity was locked up in Bails' flat and having her own baby? I assume Chas is a few years older than Charity then?

Going by the Emmerdale Wiki page.
    Chas is 40.
    Charity is 42.

Going by the Emmerdale Wiki page.
    Chas is 40.
    Charity is 42.

Well that makes no sense then. Unless I've mixed the ages up.....
    Charity's baby was born NYE 1990, which makes him 27 going on 28 this year. If Aaron is 26/27 that means he was born the same year or year after leaving Chas around the 14 mark when he was born too?

Not that any of that matters really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

According to this AAron was born in 1992:

http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Aaron_Dingle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

I want to know when Chas is going to tell Paddy. It's cruel to keep him in the dark

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    I want to know when Chas is going to tell Paddy. It's cruel to keep him in the dark

She's in denial, I guess. He's such an oblivious plank though, she's walking around with a manic look on her face being very non committal about anything to do with the baby and he thinks she's tired. :rolleyes:

Amelia is the only saving grace of that stupid Dan/Daz story line. Just like Arthur is the only good thing about Bob/Laurel. Hope Emmerdale pay their kid actors good money.

Advertisement